• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tropical Storm Sandy Headed For East Coast

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
As I'm sure I dont have to point out, Tropical Storm Sandy seems to be headed for the East Coast of the US. It is already raining in Florida, and.. as the weekend progresses into early next week, the storm is supposed to migrate up the East Coast.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit, that, due to my watching WPVI in Philly all the time online. I havent heard an exact specific local forecast for NY as yet. The Weather Channel website predicts heavy rain and wind for NY on Monday and Tuesday. WPVI forecasters seem to have predictions of anywhere from 2 to 5 inches of rain if the storm takes one track, to anywhere up to 6 to 12 inches of rain if it takes another track. My relatives have told me that they arent concerned about the storm for themselves, or for me, because we all live in highrises. Nonetheless, I would say that Tropical Storm Sandy, with 40 mph winds, and so much rain, is a concern.

I know we will have to watch it. Right now, the weather forecasters seem pretty certain it is going to hit much of the Eastern US. Hopefully we will all be prepared and take care.

Mitch

I've been listening to radio news reports and reading up on it. It looks almost as scary as that one-two punch last fall (Hurricane Irene and Tropical storm Lee) which caused the worst flooding this area has seen in over 70 years (and which we still haven't yet completely recovered from). If it does combine with some arctic air coming from the north and west as some are predicting it will, it'll definitely be no fun at all. Some folks have already dubbed that scenario "Frankenstorm". It could affect places as far inland as Ohio.

Guess it's time to buy lots of canned goods, fresh batteries for the portable radio and flashlights and bottled drinking water. I just hope the lines of panic-buyers at local supermarkets aren't too terribly long tomorrow.

And wouldn't it be a great cosmic joke if this year's election were decided by a hurricane?

The Weather Forecasters are saying that Pennsylvania will get hit preety good.

It is now raining in Florida, and the storm will stay off the coast until it reaches New Jersey on Sunday night. No more predictions at this moment, but people in Pennsylvania and north should expect power outages and heavy rain.

This is no joke of a storm. Make sure if you are in the path that you got batteries, flashlights, candles, radio, and the most important thing of all...plenty of booze. Prepare for days without power so get non-perishable foods.

Have a plan people because if this hits Philly to NYC then a lot of folks will be effected.

I think a little storm shopping is on the agenda tomorrow. I am in Southern CT along the LI Sound....Frankenstorm...go away!!! Booze is a must. Last hurricane I made everyone sleep in the downstairs...afraid of all the trees around my small street.

I just went food shooping today so we could last the weekend without having to go out. It looks like it's going to be a powerful storm. Wasn't expecting a hurricane to hit at the end of october though.

I just went food shooping today so we could last the weekend without having to go out. It looks like it's going to be a powerful storm. Wasn't expecting a hurricane to hit at the end of october though.

This Time Last Year is Snowed, and I was like WTF?!?!?!

They're already Predicting that this Winter is gonna be Bad

Has drizzled here a little bit, but tomorrow things are to get worse.

This is no joke of a storm. Make sure if you are in the path that you got batteries, flashlights, candles, radio, and the most important thing of all...plenty of booze. Prepare for days without power so get non-perishable foods.

Have a plan people because if this hits Philly to NYC then a lot of folks will be effected.

Take care friend!

Take good care, lady! I am sure you are on top of it...

I live in central CT and we're expected to get heavy rain and wind. Also I'm in more of a wooded area so have to watch out for trees. Good thing is a lot of branches have been cut down this year after the two really bad storms we had last year. A lot of flooding is also expected on top of winds up to 75-80 mph winds. Hope for the best expect the worse, I'm pretty well prepared so just going to ride it out now.

I'm in MA and I went through today to get everything out of the yard and did some grocery shopping. Be safe everyone!

I was out of town for the weekend but got home well ahead of the storm.

Bottles of water? Check.

Non-perishable food? Check.

Tons of reading material? Check.

Electronics charging? Check.

Abundant alcohol? Check.

Still freaking out, despite my uber-preparedness? Double check.

Me being a storm chaser (ok just a stormaphile) I can't believe that after moving to Tennessee that now the delmarva peninula has been getting hurricane action. I'm jealous of you guys. Although east tennessee and southwest VA will be getting some snow out of it. Guess its not a total wash. Be safe you all. Thoughts and prayers will be with you. Vote for Sandy!

I did one thing that wasnt smart. I used to have frequent power failures when I lived in Lancaster, and had big lantern type flashlights. I had thought I had packed them when I moved, but when I went to look on Friday, I didnt have them. I bought a new lantern type one yesterday that didnt work, so today I had to go to a store, and could only find a tiny flashlight. Its not great, but it will have to do for now. Hopefully I wont need it, but when this storm is over, I wlll be buying a good large flashlight ASAP,.

For those of us affected by this storm, stay safe, it looks like we are going to get hit badly with wind and heavy rain.I can already hear the wind howling outside my door.

Mitch

Bottles of water? Check.

Non-perishable food? Check.

Tons of reading material? Check.

Electronics charging? Check.

Abundant alcohol? Check.

Still freaking out, despite my uber-preparedness? Double check.

Lol! We can only be so prepared. The alcohol might help take the edge off, lol.

Went food shopping earlier and made sure we had batteries, flashlights and water. Luckily my work has closed for the day. Hoping this hurricane isn't going to be as bad as it sounds.

Went food shopping earlier and made sure we had batteries, flashlights and water. Luckily my work has closed for the day. Hoping this hurricane isn't going to be as bad as it sounds.

I feel the sameway...

Hoping the hype behind this storm is a flop!

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back