• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner
I have a technical question. What's gonna happen if I do things like change my profile and etc - and then you get the database restored?

Then you would have to do it again, but at this point it is unlikely we'll get the database restored so it's best to assume this is the way the site will be moving forward. The difference being dual backups compared to just relying on the host to make them.

As a note: if any hosted artists/authors don't see their sections up within a week, please send me a PM with the name of the forum and its description. TickleTheater is overwhelmed with fixing things and will likely be for some time. I imagine he'll have everybody back soon but, so we don't overload him too much, bug me if you need help restoring a section after a week or so, eh?

Then you would have to do it again, but at this point it is unlikely we'll get the database restored so it's best to assume this is the way the site will be moving forward. ...
I lost over 250 posts and about three times that many attachments. So I need to know for certain one way or the other before I do anything else. Please let us know.

I lost over 250 posts and about three times that many attachments. So I need to know for certain one way or the other before I do anything else. Please let us know.
We are *extremely* unlikely to be able to restore anything. Right now, only the posts table in the database appears at all salvageable. In order to use it, we'd have to go through and manually rebuild all threads from the post entries. Unless someone feels like putting up the many thousands or more that such would require, we can't bring anything back. Apologies, all. :(

Restoration isn't worth it, anyway. So don't count on things being returned. Besides, it's not like its a huge deal, you know?

I'm just sad that I lost more than half of my post count D:.

Fair enough question. Yes, this is how the site will continue on. As HDS mentioned, it will be extremely unlikely we will be able to restore the corrupted database. My apologies again to those who've lost posts and attachments made to the board. I hope you will find it in you to post them again to benefit the community here.

Sincerely,
-TT

As a note: if any hosted artists/authors don't see their sections up within a week, please send me a PM with the name of the forum and its description. TickleTheater is overwhelmed with fixing things and will likely be for some time. I imagine he'll have everybody back soon but, so we don't overload him too much, bug me if you need help restoring a section after a week or so, eh?

Thanks HDS, I'll do that by next week if my artist pad is still missing then. But take your time, I know all of you are doing this as a hobby too and that it takes a lot of extra work to get everything somewhat back to where it was.

Kudos,
Ilo

We are *extremely* unlikely to be able to restore anything. Right now, only the posts table in the database appears at all salvageable. In order to use it, we'd have to go through and manually rebuild all threads from the post entries. Unless someone feels like putting up the many thousands or more that such would require, we can't bring anything back. Apologies, all. :(

Sounds like a future announcement/update for the masses who still wait on a possible salvage...

Ah well...better get back to repostin' stuff...

and to lucius... it is indeed a HUGE deal when you lost two months worth of threads and posts, each taking time create... it's hard to imagine the time you put in to the site to add to the community, just vanish before your eyes and there nothing you can do about it... :(

It like a masterful painting that took you hours to make, and then some kid comes and spills red paints all over it ...ruining it...

all time and effort lost! :(

Fair enough question. Yes, this is how the site will continue on. As HDS mentioned, it will be extremely unlikely we will be able to restore the corrupted database. My apologies again to those who've lost posts and attachments made to the board. I hope you will find it in you to post them again to benefit the community here.

Sincerely,
-TT

Well OF COURSE we're gonna re-post the stuff. ^^;;;

No fair-weather tickle fans are we. No no.

We are the stuff that resolve is made from.

No data base corruption shall bring us low.

This seems like a good place for an inspiring speech:

Ahem...

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his logout shall be made,
And screen names of yesterday put into his place;
We would not post in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to repost with us.
This place is call'd the Tickle Theatre,
He that outlasts this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this place is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of The Theatre.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'The Theatre is my home'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had at the Theatre.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did on that stage. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Little Big Head, Illohnoh the Insane,
His Divine Shadow, Deeto and Bombers-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And the database crisis shall ne'er go unremembered,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall happily repost-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that reposts his threads with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in safer forums now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us here at Tickle THEATRE!

How's that for an inscrutable exhortation?

Hee hee. A little revisited Shakespeare is always fun.

I'll start reposting my artists section as soon as I can.

Thanks for working so hard on this guys,

The Deeto

Well OF COURSE we're gonna re-post the stuff. ^^;;;

(..)

Ahem...

That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his logout shall be made,
And screen names of yesterday put into his place;
We would not post in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to repost with us.
This place is call'd the Tickle Theatre,

(..)

Hee hee. A little revisited Shakespeare is always fun.

I'll start reposting my artists section as soon as I can.

Thanks for working so hard on this guys,

The Deeto

Well sed, 'dito! (or in plain English: "Well said, Bandito")

Come to think of it... for some of the later games I might have to call in the help of my backup disks. I think I might not have all of them on my hard disk anymore. But definitely going to repost that stuff.

One last thing. Id like to thank everyone who works on TT's website. You all have worked VERY hard to make this site what it is, & to me it's like a second home. To quote a famous band "Dont know what ya got til it's gone"

Ain't that the truth?

Kind of reminds me of my mainframe days. Our computer (a DECSystem-10 with a PDP-11 serving as a front end) went down during a thunderstorm (they did that a lot). This time, our hard disks (all 50 megabytes' worth!) were corrupted. Unfortunately, the only 1/2-inch tape backups we had were from two weeks previous because the last week's backup wasn't completed for some reason. That meant that a lot of us lost work completed during those two weeks. We were up a creek, as they say!

Here's wishing Tickle Theater a speedy recovery. And mad, mad props to the people who are tasked with the hard work of bringing it back up to speed!

Last edited:
Fmiling: On the grand scale of things, I don't consider it a huge deal. Two months is not a long period at all; what if it had been years? That aside, it still is only an internet community. I lost pretty much all of my activity over the last year through this; yeah, it's a lot, I mean, it's all I really had as a sort of what's it about who I am on here. But, even if it can't be recreated, and is gone forever, I'm still here, the sites still here, and it can be moved on from. It's a major event but it could have been a lot worse, is what I meant to get at.

But mostly, I wanted to whine about losing so much in the original post. Except, you know, I needed something to say besides the normal bawling.

Etc.

Think of it as a fresh start. All of the embarrassing posts that make people red in the face over the past few months is gone! Of course, all of my embarrassing posts are still here. It was only in the past month or so that I actually decided to be constructive? Heh. :stickout

Fmiling: On the grand scale of things, I don't consider it a huge deal. Two months is not a long period at all; what if it had been years? That aside, it still is only an internet community. I lost pretty much all of my activity over the last year through this; yeah, it's a lot, I mean, it's all I really had as a sort of what's it about who I am on here. But, even if it can't be recreated, and is gone forever, I'm still here, the sites still here, and it can be moved on from. It's a major event but it could have been a lot worse, is what I meant to get at.

But mostly, I wanted to whine about losing so much in the original post. Except, you know, I needed something to say besides the normal bawling.

Etc.

Lucius: Indeed you are right... two months isn't long...but that's not the issue under focus...well under my focus... I'm just bringing up the notion of what was done within those two month... lots of crucial things for me were done in that period of time, lots of posts in my artist board, lots of threads created, lots of attahments you know significant stuff that took time to do... and it will take a while to bring it all back...

but like the bandito, this inspires me for a bit of rhetoric.... inspired from braveheart...

Members of Tickle Theater... I am Bombers!

*Member* Bomber is an alien tickler!

Yes, I've heard. Tickled many by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the ticklish with feathers from his left hand and brushes from his right. I AM Bombers. And I see a whole community of my fellow members here in befuddlement by a corrupted database. You have come to repost as good members, like the great community you are. What would you do without the theater? Will you cry?

*Member* Cry? from a corrupted database? We might!

It's corruption could make you cry . Repost and you'll live -- for a while. And typing on your computers many years from now, would you be willing to remember all the days of lost data from this day of grand reposting for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our members that this corruption may take our threads, but it'll never take our Tickle Theater!!!

TICKLE THEATER FOREVER!!!

:D

There is a lot of work now with the forum, thanks for taking care of this too, I'll remember to take a look in a week.
And make sure that TT takes a rest too ,with all the problems that the database corruption has caused we can't ask for rushing the fixing of the site.

Kopfhorer: I was talkin bout the 80's hair metal band "Cinderella". Thier song "dont know what ya got"

hi... sorry it's the last topic I can post in... I had just activated my account and posted my first contributions when the board went down... the problem is my activation seems to have disappeared, like my posts and attachments...

some help or advice someone...?

hi... sorry it's the last topic I can post in... I had just activated my account and posted my first contributions when the board went down... the problem is my activation seems to have disappeared, like my posts and attachments...

some help or advice someone...?
You would need to reactivate, as it is no longer valid. I've activated you manually, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Note to artists and authors: please begin sending me notice if your section(s) are not restored as of today. I will need the name, description, and whether it is for artwork or stories. (as I am so out of touch I don't recognize who does what anymore) I don't guarantee immediate service but hopefully I can have a one-day turnaround for folks leftover. :)

You would need to reactivate, as it is no longer valid. I've activated you manually, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Note to artists and authors: please begin sending me notice if your section(s) are not restored as of today. I will need the name, description, and whether it is for artwork or stories. (as I am so out of touch I don't recognize who does what anymore) I don't guarantee immediate service but hopefully I can have a one-day turnaround for folks leftover. :)

I had a story archive. As for name/descrip.....anything's ok. :)

Hey HDS... with all your magical forum supervision powers of justice, tell me...

What's the deal with the Profile Playlists? Wasn't that a feature put in before March 27th?

Do they have a chance to make a return or will the profiles continue to be silent like the old days?

I see that the option is still in the "edit your details" section of the User CP...

Like Angel, I also had a Hosted Author spot. I'll put in details inside a PM though.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back