• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Vigilantes

Senshi1

Staff
I'm not talking about comic folks like Batman, I mean real people who, for whatever reasons, take the law into their own hands. What do you think of them? Is it an effective way ty bypass the red tape that sees so many dangerous people walk free, or is it no better than the criminals it targets?

It's like that movie with Jodie Foster..where she took the law into her own hands..a vigilant...although i like the idea myself, if everyone whose been wronged or victimized decides to become a vigilante, things would get out of control..

The only context I can imagine that would make it valid is if the existing government/police force is seriously corrupt and criminal. Then it could be viewed as a protest via civil disobedience, or a prelude to a revolution.

Lee

If something is done in accordance to law, it doesn't make it necessarily good. Nor is everything against the law bad.

So, a village shaman organizing a mob to fry a child rapist who got free would be a good thing. That same child rapist hunting his past victims for putting him in jail (in case he didn't get free) is bad.

Vigilantes...somtimes they are good. Sometimes not.

You reap what you sow...in this life...or the next.

That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

^_~

This is really a deep subject, man. It raises the question "Is it okay to break the law in order to enforce the law"? Such an argument is flawed with the inherent contradiction that would give a free pass to some individuals for some crimes, while punishing citizens that aren't lucky enough to be allowed the same benefit. In the short run it would just be vigilantes with the ability to act without fear of incarceration. Then the police, then government officials. This potentially could lead to a two class society: containing a higher up "untouchable" class which would be immune to law and another in which the remainder of society would be part of. The lower class would be subject to all laws and punishments, but the minority of "untouchables" would be able to do whatever they want. Heck, they could poop on the Mona lisa and not get in trouble, while across the street a hobo is arrested for smiling on a public street. Heck, if you were "untouchable" you would even be able to steal the international space station and cook burgers on it's massive solar panels. Who cares about it costing like a gazillion dollars to make and engineer, You would be the first person to have space burgers EVER. Besides, you're untouchable so they couldn't arrest you for it. Heck they might even give you an award or a medal for kickassary or something. You'd definitely be in the paper either way. But back to my original point, Batman must be stopped or society as we know it will crumble and fall. We MUST stop batman at once.

Sincerely,
The Joker.

People are inherently good and evil; some of the most noble goals have been founded in rotten intentions, where some of the worst acts against humanity have been founded in some distortion of kindness.
There will always be those who act, those who follow, and those who lead, but there is also always bound--statistically and psychologically--to be some disproportion between the two. An entire police force could be in it for the money in one area, and actually in it to "protect and serve" in another, while a vigilante or vigilante group may be simply anti-government in one area, and sincerely wanting to help the people in another.
Human nature is an interesting subject to study, not in books but in practice. A vigilante is no different, simply depending on which of three manners of people he happens to be and which of the three he happens to come into contact with.

"an' that's all i got to say about that."
-R

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back