• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Was anyone at the Jags/Browns game?

Slappy McGee

TMF Expert
I would love to hear a first hand account of the chaos that ensued after that game...... I saw the whole thing on television, and it looked like things were getting REALLY ugly there. Just curious.

And for those who have no idea what I am talking about.... watch sportscenter tonight if you want to see some pretty pissed off people in Cleveland.... it is worth it trust me. A ref made a series of HORRIBLE calls that caused the Browns to lose the game, and the crowd got so angry that they had to clear everyone off the field and cancelled the end of the game. I have never seen so many beer bottles being thrown in all my life!! Pretty nutty stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Slappy McGee

I saw that game, Slappy...but on TV like you. I have Sunday Ticket and my local station only plays the Giants games, which really sucks 'cuz I'm not a Giants fan. So, I wind up surfing between several games. I came across the Jags-Browns game a few minutes before the chaos broke out. I have to admit that the way the call was made was real bullshit. And now the officials are trying to cover their asses by crying technical failure. They screwed up and should admit it. Once the next play is snapped, there's no review of the previous play, period.:cool:

I agree, and I would like to think that the refs involved will be "dealt with" somehow by the NFL, but I doubt it.... it drives me nuts the way the refs are protected from ever having to face their mistakes.... hell, you can't even criticize them..... this reminds me of the incident a few years ago where the ref hit the Offensive lineman in the eye with the flag, and the player was ejected and fined for pushing the ref..... hell, that guy lost the use of his eye for life because of a stupid referee, and he was the one punished.... while I don't think that violence is the answer to these kinds of problems, I can sympathise with the cleveland fans, and becuase of their reaction, you can bet that the ref that screwed up is thinking about it a little bit more, and feels just a little bit more like a loser, which might motivate him to pay more freaking attention to the rules next time.

at least I hope so.

NFL referees made a similar screwup in a Steeler game a few weeks ago.
The NFL and NHL have one thing in common: the officiating sucks out loud.

Yeah, that eye incident happened to a Cleveland Brown as well. Maybe they just don't like the Browns?

We had better officiating when the replacement refs were here.:rolleyes:

It sure did look like the Refs messed up but we have to remember that it's easy for us to be sideline refs. It's not that easy when you're on the field in the midst of it all.

The problem with QB's observation is that the refs have replay options and still screw up in spite of that tool.Both the Cleveland and Pittsburgh incidents were a result of refs not properly using the replay designed to help them-and this bunch needs plenty of help.
When that Browns player got hurt,it was the ref's use of a lead weight to weigh down the flag that injured him. I thought we taught children not to throw hard objects at other people, and this asshole is using a lead weight.
I am fortunate enough to be in on season Steeler tickets,and in the last few years,have seen some pretty bad calls and noncalls.When the league office sends a team 3 letters of apology for refs' errors, but yet does nothing to correct the problem,you have to wonder.

While I wholeheartedly agree that the current bunch of refs are largely incompitent, it doesn't justify the actions of the crowd at yesterday's game. It's a wonder more people weren't hurt. THIS is why most stadiums don't allow anything other than their own flimzy paper cups. It's too easy for someone to get hurt when things get out of hand.

Ann

also, if you noticed... lots of beer bottles were being thrown, and the thing about beer bottles is that in order to have a beer bottle to throw, you have to have a beer, and if you have a beer, you are a bit more likely to throw the bottle. I can't believe I'm saying this, but perhaps college ball has the right idea by not allowing alcohol to be served at games.

Several of you have brought up the Brown's player that got hit in the eye. The player was offensive tackle Orlando Brown, and the incident also happened against the Jags, I believe back in '99. The ref, rather than just tossing the flag, hurled it in the direction of the foul. I think the referees in the Clevelan/Jax games just like creating controversey....:sowrong:

I have remembered a game a few years ago between the Bengals and Steelers. An officiating crew was suspended for 1 game for allowing the Bengals to use their version of the no-huddle offense,which was to put 14 men in the huddle until the last moment and disallow the defense to field the proper squad.This was outlawed during the summer by the competition committee,of which Chuck Noll was a member.Despite his protests,the no-huddle was allowed,resulting in the suspension of the crew for the next week's games.

Seems that the NFL will do something,but only if the right people scream at the top of their lungs,like Noll did that week.

That was bad, it started happening again tonight in New Orleans. But, no team can control their fans.

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back