• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

We all know Saddam's a dick...but war??

strokeofgenius2

TMF Poster
Is it really, absolutely, positively necessary to go to war with Iraq? Look, it's no secret that Saddam is a pain in the ass...he's a troublemaker/killer/asshole-of-the-world, and frankly, I'm for getting rid of this guy....but do we have to go to war??

What about all this "intelligence" stuff I keep hearing about...(yeah, I know, it needs work), but seriously, don't we have spies and stuff like that? Where are all the James Bonds and specialy trained guys(and girls!) who could, like, you know...'infiltrate' Iraq and take down that schmuck? Am I dreaming? Can't we get rid of him through other ways than bombing the crap out of the country and pissing off more assholes (i.e. terrorists)...not that I'm suggesting we do nothing out of fear of terrorist reprisals...(hey, terrorists, grow a sac and stop acting like babies)...but seriously, isn't there another way...?? Just curious, you know.

Cuz right now, George Bush is ready to go to war no matter what it takes...no matter what the inspectors say or find, we'll come up with some excuse to go in and raise hell. The whole inspector thing is just a formality while Bush tries to build a coalition, which, by the way, is working like crap.

I dunno...seems like we should have more options. What do you think?

hehehe

Saddam Enrages Bush With Full Compliance
WASHINGTON, DC—President Bush expressed frustration and anger Monday over a U.N. report stating that Iraqi president Saddam Hussein is now fully complying with weapons inspections. "Enough is enough," a determined Bush told reporters. "We are not fooled by Saddam's devious attempts to sway world opinion by doing everything the U.N. asked him to do. We will not be intimidated into backing down and, if we have any say in the matter, neither will Saddam." Bush added that any further Iraqi attempt to meet the demands of the U.N. or U.S. will be regarded as "an act of war."

Simple. Terrorists. Terrorists leaders. Terrorist countries and those who harbor them and support them are like Cancer. They/IT must be erradicated!!!! NOW!

TTD:sowrong:

something interesting: if the US has this amazing inside information that guarantees Iraqi support for terrorism, why have the other countries who have seen it agreed to help attack? If it's so compelling, enough to make such impassioned speeches at the UN, how come almost nobody else agrees?

Ah Hell with it...a few well placed nukes and we have no more problems in that whole area of the world...:rolleyes:

Because everyone else at the UN are Anti US idiots which is why the UN should be turned into a giant video arcade. Good training for future military excerises as well.:)

kurchatovium said:
Because everyone else at the UN are Anti US idiots which is why the UN should be turned into a giant video arcade. Good training for future military excerises as well.:)

The new meaning of UN.

UN = Unifide Nimrods

They will be safe and sound in their bunkers or high above the chaos while the rest of us will be scrounging for food and water while we rot slowly.

TTD

TickledToDeath said:

The new meaning of UN.

UN = Unifide Nimrods

They will be safe and sound in their bunkers or high above the chaos while the rest of us will be scrounging for food and water while we rot slowly.

TTD

I always thought UN stoodfor "Union of Nincompoops"

What about Saudia Arabia?

While I agree that Saddam is an "Arab Hitler", what about Saudia Arabia? 19 of the 20 hi-jackers came from Saudi Arabia, so why is there no outcry against them?

Bush is trying to get them to be our new best friend.

You know when all the kids in the yard are telling you not to go pick a fight then they are usually right. Take from that what you will.

The Saudi's that were part of the hijacking were splinter group from the Saudi's in general. If they were Al Quaida then they want the Saudi goverment to fall and replace it with a muslim Theocracy. Al Quaida does not like the Sheikdoms (which is what the Saudi's have) and so the Saudi's are thus are more likely to align with us to preserve their staus quo.

kurchatovium said:
The Saudi's that were part of the hijacking were splinter group from the Saudi's in general. If they were Al Quaida then they want the Saudi goverment to fall and replace it with a muslim Theocracy. Al Quaida does not like the Sheikdoms (which is what the Saudi's have) and so the Saudi's are thus are more likely to align with us to preserve their staus quo.

I knew that Saudi had a royal family, but I always thought they were just a figure-head and just "for show" (like England).

I thought the "real power" in Saudi was held by an Islamic State Regime.

Is that not correct?

I don't know if that is true. You could be right but I think last I knew the royal family still held power. Most arab countries have factions that want a Muslim Theocracy. Sometimes they gain control like in Iran, other times their is a constant battle for control. The Saudis certainly have people that want to change their goverment to a theocratic type. The fact that we have halfway decent realtions with them indicates to me that the royal family is probably still in power but I could be wrong.

While the Saudi government may not directly support terrorism, it cheerfully allows its wealthy citizens to raise money to support al-Qaeda. See, for instance, http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A36948-2002Oct16?language=printer . In fact, we have more hard evidence for Saudi support of al-Qaeda than we do of Iraqi support. Difference is, this country is still dependent on Saudi oil, which means we don't dare do more than make nasty faces and shake a finger at the Saudis in an effort to get them to cut it out.

And Saudi Arabia is indeed a theocracy. See http://travel.state.gov/saudi.html . While the House of Saud runs the show, they do so under the strictures of Islamic law.

kurchatovium said:
I don't know if that is true. You could be right but I think last I knew the royal family still held power. Most arab countries have factions that want a Muslim Theocracy. Sometimes they gain control like in Iran, other times their is a constant battle for control. The Saudis certainly have people that want to change their goverment to a theocratic type. The fact that we have halfway decent realtions with them indicates to me that the royal family is probably still in power but I could be wrong.

Actually it's sort of a half and half arrangement. Saudi Arabia is a true monarchy, in that the royal family is indeed the sole source of governmental authority in the nation. However, the royal family governs their nation in strict accordance with traditional Islamic law, presumably to appease the more radical elements of their society.

I guess it's sort of a theocratic monarchy, if there actually IS such a thing...

Originally posted by kurchatovium (some deleted)
Because everyone else at the UN are Anti US idiots

I agree. It is time to recognize that no purpose is served by taking the UN seriously.

The best solution would be to:

(1) Refuse to participate in any UN activities except the Security Council, where we should send a very junior state department official as our representative to make very short speeches and cast vetos when appropriate, and

(2) Give the UN one year's notice to evacuate all of its offices in New York City. Pay them whatever an independent appraiser says that the real estate is worth, and get them out. Let them spew their venom from Geneva, or Brussels, or, most preferably, where they belong--Hell.

Last edited:
Don't forget to put the video arcade after everyone leaves the UN.:)

The thing with most arab countries is they all have some Muslim extreme factions that must be appeased. It is why procbably most arab countries tend to look the other way with regards to terrorist groups to help keep the more radical factions appeased.

kurchatovium said:
Don't forget to put the video arcade after everyone leaves the UN.:)

The thing with most arab countries is they all have some Muslim extreme factions that must be appeased. It is why procbably most arab countries tend to look the other way with regards to terrorist groups to help keep the more radical factions appeased.

:confused: I thought the UN WAS a video arcade.
That is how they run things in there anyway...and in all languages too!
It's all a game to THEM.

TTD:sowrong:

Your disrespect for the UN shows your disdain for the rest of the world. That's why most of the world feels pissed upon by the US.

The disrespect the UN has shown the US is why many here are pissed off at most of the rest of the world. Respect is a two way street and the UN has essentially been a antiUS organization for far too long. Put up the video arcade or even a Starbucks would be OK by me.

Last edited:
Now finally this is an interesting thead about the whole thing... not just pro and anti-American talk, left-wing right-wing postings. The referee, forwards and goalies that make up the rest of the hockey game always get left out.

Totally agree Hussein is a bad guy. Need to get rid of him.

His people can't vote him out beacuse he's a dictator, they can't revolt because they have neither a free press or weapons. They are essentially helpless in this (and they don't like him, either, so it's not like they are in solidarity with their leader)

Way more afraid of Al-Quida and North Korea than Iraq. Angrier at the Saudis - most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, they have a monarchy not a democracy, own a lot of oil, a princess was sending $$ to one of the student/hijackers, and Bin Lauden bombed us and our allies in part becuase U.S. troops are stationed in Saudi Arabia and too close to Muslim holy sites. But he ignored the fact that Saudia Arabia ALLOWED U.S. troops in (ie, we didn't invade) yet none of their builidings came tumbling down.

I might not like the mission, but I support the troops.

It's a volunter army, and enlistment rose after 9/11. These people knew what they were getting into.

Iraq used to be our ally. Then the government secretly sold weapons to their enemy- and ours - Iran. That's why Saddam is mad at us now. From what I've read he was an orphan who came from poverty in a pretty tough culture, so he's developed this vengful and suspicious mindset over the course of his lifetime. And our executive branch made a deal with his enemy.

The U.S. supports England; England has a presence in N. Ireland not welcome by many. There are rumblings that the U.S. supports the terror of England, therefore the U.S. supports terror. Which means what we've seen from 9/11 that since we support terror (in the eyes of some) we could then be targets for reprisals. Which means that potentially we could be the target of more 9/11 attacks by more Tim McVie type people - folks who "look like us" and come from a culture more similar to ours, therefore they'd be harder to catch.... Then there's the continued near-blind U.S. support of Isreal, which makes a lot of bomb-building Arabs unhappy, and a lot of peacful Arabs unhappy, including voting, tax paying U.S. Arab Americans, and even other U.S. citizens & congress members are now saying, "You know, Isreal could change a FEW things in the way it operates...."

We went to Somalia to feed the starving people. War lords killed both U.S. troops and their own people. Rather than fight these terrorists we pulled out.

Usually, when the U.S. fights an enemy & wins, the U.S. then takes care of that enemy, helping them rebuild. So it isn't like Iraq will be laid to waste....

I've heard Kofi Anon speak in person. He seems smart and genuine. Don't know about the rest of the UN, but he seems like a good guy.
Billy Wilder wanted to do a "modern" and more relevent Marx Brothers film with the UN as the setting. But then Chico dies so it doesn't happen. That was '61, so the effectiveness of the UN was in question even then.

UN doesn't do much when it even makes the attempt. When the UN was in Bosnia, and US troops were part of the coalition, the UN troops wouldn't get involved with the fighting, and would stand aside while civilians were hearded away on buses from the designated "safe" cities by the enemy. It wasn't until the U.S. became a leader of the mission rather than a participant, that real results happened. So U.S. military intervention does more often than not lead to something good in the long run.

The U.S. intervened in the Gulf 10 years ago. Saddam is still in power, we & our allies were targeted by Bin Laden's boys, and Kuwait is still a monarchy.

People put Europe down because they aren't as quick to want was as George Bush. But since they have had modern warfare in their own streets and have seen what it is like, maybe they have a different perspective and should be listened to.

Worst case scenario. We attack Iraq. Every edgy Islam/Arab/anti-Western radical supporter attacks us in covert, terrorist ways. We can't trust anyone & other Arab nations join in, even fighting against each other. Al-Quaida moves into high gear, so now we're fighting two different styles of war on two fronts - with oil for our military vehicles in short supply. Then North Korea does something crazy... we focus our attentions there... and China takes over Taiwan with incredible spped while everyone else is distracted with the other goings-ons.... and no one is interested in talking about peace for fear of looking soft to politica supporters or the history books, so the wars/skirmishes only get worse (nukes, biological agents anyone?). Then the left wing/right wing brouhaha gets bigger and more violent at home. So the country is warring with itself, which has happened in the past, and we see happening in other places now. And then we all die or become mutants.

And who knows what's up in Central & South America.

So... Saddam needs to go. War will do it. But it might do other things as well. So the conclusion is the simple part. The reasons why (oil? George junior's revenge?) the other factors, and the path to the conclusion aren't so simple.

Last edited:
kurchatovium said:
The disrespect the UN has shown the US is why many here are pissed off at most of the rest of the world. Respect is a two way street and the UN has essentially been a antiUS organization for far too long. Put up the video arcade or even a Starbucks would be OK by me.
Thank you for proving my point so efficiently, kurchatovium! What you are perceiving as anti-US attitude is actually a frequent discrepancy between US policy and the opinion of the rest of the world. Your argument resembles the car driver on the wrong side of the highway who shouts at the hundreds of drivers coming towards him...:rolleyes:

If most everyone else in the world is wrong then I don't care if it is anti-US or just stupid reasoning. Although in many instances I think there is an Anti-US sentiment by many members of the UN. To quote Frank Barrone from Everybody Loves Raymond. "When your right everything else is just crap.". US policy is right in this case (Iraq) and everything else is a bunch of crap. The UN has become more of circus I think than a functioning body. Why else would you put China, Syria, and Cuba on the Human rights comittee. Perhaps there are ways to repair it but currently I see none.

Let me add that though I do not particularly care for the UN in its present state I do not want to see the US become isolationist. Maintaining ties with Europe, Japan and the rest of the world is very important. I feel direct diplomacy is much better though than the current UN circus. Thats just my opinion though so please don't be offended. Its nothing personal.

Last edited:
What's New

5/19/2024
There will be Tivia in our Chat Room this Sunday evening at 11PM EDT! Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back