• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see

Kunzite

TMF Master
So, I keep hearing that when you go to a rock concert, you shouldn't wear the t-shirt of the band that you're going to see. But does anyone really know why this rule came about? I always see people wearing appropriate band shirts at the concerts I go to. It this a real thing?

I've always seen supporters wearing the shirt of the band they went to see. If not, they wouldn't be selling their merch at the shows. What I've heard is that when you go to a concert, you're not supposed to wear a t-shirt for another band to the show. I've heard it's kinda disrespectful, or something. :shrug:

Nevah heard of that. I even Googled it to see if there was some actual info on it. lol

I've heard about this in, Vegas(when I was younger). It's a cheesy form of product placement, in my opinion...

See, I totally do not get the logic there. Really, like Flatfoot said, I'd see it as a way to support the band.

I've seen it but I personally don't do it. Doesn't bother me if others do though.

Oh wait, there was this one time with Barry Manilow...

It really depends on the band that's playing...there's one particular band where if the lead singer sees either a shirt with a picture of or a make-shift hair-do from a certain very popular ex-guitarist he will immediately stop playing, leave the venue and the city and that's it. I've worked one of those shows before and that was what the production staff for this band informed us of, adding to the fact that the lead singer had done it twice on that particular tour already, so as security if there was anyone that we saw that filled the bill it was lose the do and flip the shirt inside out.

I think the idea is it makes you look like too much of a fanboy/girl, which is kinda cheesy. Also, if you're seeing a band with a hipster crowd you want to pimp out other bands you've seen to give the impression that you're eclectic or go to concerts often.The only time I might wear a bands' shirt to their concert is if I purchased it there and don't feel like holding it...even then i'd probably put it on underneath the shirt I was already wearing.

I just go to whatever I find first in the heaps op clothes cluttering my den.

It really depends on the band that's playing...there's one particular band where if the lead singer sees either a shirt with a picture of or a make-shift hair-do from a certain very popular ex-guitarist he will immediately stop playing, leave the venue and the city and that's it. I've worked one of those shows before and that was what the production staff for this band informed us of, adding to the fact that the lead singer had done it twice on that particular tour already, so as security if there was anyone that we saw that filled the bill it was lose the do and flip the shirt inside out.

Sounds like that lead singer should be punched in the head, repeated, with brass knuckles.

It never ceases to amaze me how rock stars will sometimes become nothing more then spoiled brats who just need to be spanked and sent to their bedrooms to think about how stupid they are.

I would think showing up to the concert shows my support for the band and it would be safe to say that other people you see at the show 99% LIKE the band playing.

Then again im always safe at concerts cuz I wear my Spinal Tap tshirt and only ONCE have i seen someone else wearing a Spinal Tap shirt.

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back