• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Do You Think Of The New Yahoo Mail?

Do You Like The New Changes To Yahoo Mail?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anonymous2

TMF Poster
Yahoo has made changes to its free e-mail service which is that they now provide 100 MB of inbox space and 10 MB limit for attachments. I think these changes are excellent although I and others have noticed that connecting to Yahoo's servers today was difficult due to either really slow speed or we got the "Page Not Found" error. So it's obvious that presently, these major changes are taking their toll on Yahoo's servers. Yahoo Messenger has even been difficult to sign into today. Hopefully Yahoo will fix these issues soon.

So I like the new Yahoo Mail. What does everyone else think?

I have been a huge fan of Yahoo mail because of the relatively large mail box size (as compared to the measely 1mb of hotmail).

Now that they've increased it to 100MB and with such a clean and professional looking layout, I can't be happier and more satisfied. Yahoo mail IMO is the BEST free webmail out there.

I like the new additions and more polished, organized look. Yahoo Mail has always done right by me so I see no evil, speak no evil, and hear no evil.

I love it! I tend to save everything, so storage space is always a problem for me. 100 MB is awesome!

Obviously, Yahoo is feeling the pressure from Google's G-Mail with its planned 1 GB of storage. Now, if only Hotmail would feel pressured to raise its space allocation ... ;)

They're all allergic to giving free extras, but they will learn.

Last edited:
for reason's unknown to me, Yahoo de-activated my old account last week. I'd had it for several years, and was one of the 6MB mail boxes. do you think they did that because of the change? it really pissed me off, cause I was a member of a LOT of foot/tickling related groups there, and now I have to go back and re-join all of them, if I can remember them all.

lately though, for about a month or so, all this Spam was going into my bulk mail folder. could that be why?

I can' figure it out, but I set up a new one last night anyway!

anyone got any idea's?

You can try contacting Yahoo personel...though I'm not sure how to. Are you sure your account is deactivated? I don't think they'll just do that suddenly to a user.

Something like that would be symptoms of a server tweak, Storm-Cat. I doubt it had anything to do with your accounts. Some of my group members have told me they had to re-join also, either because their account was deleted from my group, or it was bounced.

If the spam is going into your bulk folder, then you shouldn't have a problem. Earlier last month I experienced a problem where my e-mail account was reset and they were sending spam to my Inbox. Needless to say it was a pain constantly having to go back and forth deleting messeges. The problem went away in about three days.

So to answer your actual questions, again, I think it was because of the server upgrade, and nothing more.

this is too weird. I found some of the groups I was in w/ my old ID, and it was still their under the group members listings. now if my old account was de-activated, wouldn't you think my old ID would have been deleted from the group as well?

SyDemon said:
You can try contacting Yahoo personel...though I'm not sure how to. Are you sure your account is deactivated? I don't think they'll just do that suddenly to a user.

Good luck to me finding how to contact Yahoo!!! Yes, I'm sure the old one is de-activated. Today I tried the 'get a new password' or 'forgot your password', and it did send an e-mail to my alternate, but with no new password. I also tried to get a new one with my old ID, and it said it is already taken.

Maybe they didn't like what I had in my profile as my occupation (same one as in my profile in other forums, I don't think there is an occupation category here).

I did create a new Yahoo ID/account though.

Last edited:
Anonymous said:
Yahoo has made changes to its free e-mail service which is that they now provide 100 MB of inbox space and 10 MB limit for attachments. I think these changes are excellent although I and others have noticed that connecting to Yahoo's servers today was difficult due to either really slow speed or we got the "Page Not Found" error. So it's obvious that presently, these major changes are taking their toll on Yahoo's servers. Yahoo Messenger has even been difficult to sign into today. Hopefully Yahoo will fix these issues soon.

So I like the new Yahoo Mail. What does everyone else think?

The size limit increase is great but since the upgrade...now 3 days...I have not been able to delete or compose any new messages at ALL!!!!
I get new email and I can look at the message in the email but I can't reply or delete the said email!!
I sent an email to Yahoo to see if they will fix the bug!

tcrewme said:
The size limit increase is great but since the upgrade...now 3 days...I have not been able to delete or compose any new messages at ALL!!!!
I get new email and I can look at the message in the email but I can't reply or delete the said email!!
I sent an email to Yahoo to see if they will fix the bug!
Uh-oh, I sent an important email a couple days ago after the change... $&!$?# Now I have to see whether it actually sent or not...

More space is always good, but I terribly dislike the new interface.

excite e-mail is increasing their's to 125mb, and I've also heard that MSN is increasing their's to 250mb. this is supposedly in response to Google because Google.com is planning 1GB of EMAIL storage!!

What's New

5/1/2024
The final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now open. See the GFA forum for details!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back