• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Does It Mean When A Computer Has A Whistling Sound On It

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
As I posted when I first bought this computer, its a certified pre owned, so 'I'm not really sure how old this computer is.

I've had it for six months.

The last couple of days, if I've been listening to a song, a video, or watching a show online.

The computer seems to have a repeated buzzing or whistling sound on it.

It does not seem as bad when I'm not listening to something.

It does not seem to be only one particular website.

It can be any. A Youtube video, IMDB short video or show, a website broadcasting a current show etc

Any suggestions on what this might or could be would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My first guess would have been something caught in a cooling fan, but that wouldn't explain the specific transient nature of what you described. It's possible you're experiencing feedback from the sound device, either the sound card itself or through the connection to the speakers. It's still possible that there's some debris in one of the cooling fans and while you're watching media the cooling demands are increased and so the fan speed increases to compensate. It's an easy first step to check, at least.

HappyD

It could be a heating problem. Could you provide some details about the type of computer? Otherwise, Id recommend going to a tech store and asking if they have recommendations. It's usually free

Thanks, happy.

All I know is that it is an Acer. Its a certified pre owned that I bought in June. I'm not sure of the make/model or when it might have been new

What's New

5/1/2024
The final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now open. See the GFA forum for details!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back