• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What In The World?

AphroditeRabbit

TMF Master
Sharing is caring everyone. Yes that's right, it's sharing time! But this time you're gonna share your knowledge. It's hard to know things about other countries when you haven't been to them. Every now and then though, someone will give me a juicy tidbit of info about another culture that shows me just how unique everyone in the world is! So share your wisdom. Share something about another country that you've found out through experience, book reading, advice for traveling, etc.

But it has to be something cool, funny, or INCREDIBLY useful. No boring shit you could find in an encylopedia here....

1. In Arab countries, don't use your left hand for things like eating, shaking etc....that's the hand you're suppose to wipe your ass with!

2. In Egypt it's rude to eat everything on your plate!

3. In Canada (mind you this is through experience only of select areas I've visited) they don't eat fries with ketchup, but rather with vinegar!

1.) While the italians have been long accredited for the creation of pasta, it was actually pioneered by the chinese.

2.) The game of golf is a huge sport in Scotland. But in actuality golf was created by the Irish and was given to the Scottish by the Irish as a personal joke.

3.) In Japan it is not considered illegal or indecent for a woman to answer the door topless.

In canada..Mounties dont really appreciate stupid american tourists asking to try out the cattle prod on their buddy..lmao..looks around..What? none of you ever asked to do that? Rotf..

4.) There was a time when drinking tea at noon in England (tea time) was required and was local law in some places. If anyone was caught in public not drinking a cup of tea at noon they could be arrested or fined.

(details are sketchy, so this may not be completely true, but it is from what I hear.)

In poland..the kids get out of school early to go to the pubs! was told this by my friends wife who is from Poland. She said they'd get out at around 12-1pm and everyone got off of work and they went to the pubs.

5.) UFO phenominon is increasing in India, and India has long been known as one of the world's largest hotspots for paranormal activity.

1. In Taiwan it's considered impolite to blink your eyes at someone.

2. In most countries a head nod means yes, but in Bulgaria and Greece it means no.

3. The finger circle with 3 fanned fingers means "okay" in the U.S., but in Brazil it's obscene, in Greece it's impolite, in Japan it means "money", and in south France, "Zero"

Last edited:
naveltklr1350 said:
In canada..Mounties dont really appreciate stupid american tourists asking to try out the cattle prod on their buddy..lmao..looks around..What? none of you ever asked to do that? Rotf..
"I'm the mountie!
I'm handsome! I'm brave! I'm strong!
I'm the mounite!
And I enforce the law!
You can try to run
but you will never hide!
The mountie always gets his man!"

Do they carry cattle prods for reals?

I got this from a Canadian friend of mine (please note, this contains some vulgarity):

As a Canadian, you have to be extra vigilant. There are a lot of impostors out there. If you suspect that someone is falsely trying to pass themselves off as a Canadian, make the following statement - and then carefully note their reaction:

"Last night, I cashed my pogey and went to buy a mickey of C.C. at the beer parlour, but my skidoo got stuck in the muskeg on my way back to the duplex. I was trying to deke out a deer, you see. Damn chinook, melted everything. And then a Mountie snuck up behind me in a ghost car and gave me an impaired. I was S.O.L., sitting there dressed only in my Stanfields and a touque at the time. And the Mountie, he's all chippy and everything, calling me a "shit disturber" and what not. What could I say, except, "Sorry, EH!"

If the person you are talking to nods sympathetically, they're one of us. If, however, they stare at you with a blank incomprehension, they are not a real Canadian. Have them reported to the authorities at once.

The passage cited above contains no fewer than 19 different Canadianisms.
In order:

* pogey: EI (Employment insurance). Money provided by the government for not working.

* mickey: A small bottle of booze (13 oz) (A Texas mickey, on the other hand, is a ridiculously big bottle of booze, which, despite the name, is still a Canadianism through and through.)

* C.C.: Canadian Club, a brand of rye. Not to be confused with "hockey stick," another kind of Canadian Club.

* beer parlour: Like an ice cream parlour, but for Canadians.

* skidoo: Self-propelled decapitation unit for teenagers, (Snow-Mobiles)

* muskeg: Boggy swampland.

* duplex: A single building divided in half with two sets of inhabitants - each trying to pretend the other doesn't exist while at the same time managing to drive each other crazy; metaphor for Canada's french and english.

* deke: found in the dictionary as a "skillful misdirection." As a noun, it is used most often in exclamatory constructions, such as: "Whadda deke!" Meaning, "My, what an impressive display of physical dexterity employing misdirection and guile."

* chinook: An unseasonably warm wind that comes over the Rockies and onto the plains, melting snow banks in Calgary but just missing Edmonton, much to the pleasure of Calgarians.

* Mountie: Canadian icon, strong of jaw, red of coat, pure of heart. Always get their man! (See also Pepper spray, uses of.)

* snuck: To have sneaked; to move, past tense, in a sneaky manner; non-restrictive extended semi-gerundial form of "did sneak." (We think.)

* ghost car: An unmarked police car, easily identifiable by its inconspicuousness.

* impaired: A charge of drunk driving. Used both as a noun and as an adjective (the alternative adjectival from of "impaired" being "pissed to the gills").

* S.O.L.: Shit outta luck; in an unfortunate predicament.

* Stanfields: Men's underwear, especially Grandpa-style, white cotton ones with a big elastic waistband and a large superfluous flap in the front and back!

* touque: Canada's official National Head Apparel, with about the same suave sex appeal as a pair of Stanfields.

* chippy: Behaviour that is inappropriately aggressive; constantly looking for a reason to find offense; from "chip on one's shoulder." (See Western Canada)

* shit disturber: (See Quebec) a troublemaker or provocateur. According to Katherine Barber, editor in Chief of the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, "shit disturber" is a distinctly Canadian term. (Just remember that Western Canada is chippy and Quebec is a shit disturber, and you will do fine.)

* * * please distribute to all your patriotic Canuck friends, eh! * *

Last edited:
MayDay said:
"I'm the mountie!
I'm handsome! I'm brave! I'm strong!
I'm the mounite!
And I enforce the law!
You can try to run
but you will never hide!
The mountie always gets his man!"

Do they carry cattle prods for reals?

you know..i dont recall seeing one..it might have been on the backside of him tho..but our police carry tasers on their front hips. hmm..I must go back and find out!! I didnt stick around to find out his "electrifying" answer to my question(okay i didnt wanna find out the hard way!)..so I said..sorry, stupid American tourist and walked away quickly. lmao Thanks for the Theme song to The Mountie(old wwf wrestler right?)

naveltklr1350 said:
Thanks for the Theme song to The Mountie(old wwf wrestler right?)

That's him! Good ol' Jacques Rougeou. That guy was slick.

Its a japanese custom to burp at the end of a meal to let the cook know that the meal was delicious(basically the cooks would love me)

In greece, putting up your hand is like having five middle fingers up

mayday: that was awesome. The hollywood brother do not know if you remember but the brother of the mountie after he stopped wrestling with the monutie became a successful commentator for the wwf and wwe for many years. Also if you ever get cattle prodded by a monutie then have protective armour under your clothes so you can not feel it or just grab the shoock stick and attack the monutie while saying hey

toronto fact: Toronto is a major city but the inner city area has a big fetish thing to it. There are many sex and leather shops and even the way some of the locals dress and act point to a freerer more fetish oriented lifestyle. When the amazing hollywood brother was touring toronto to support canada the hollywood brother ran into local yokels who told the hollywood brother of clubs where anything goes

HOLLYWOODBROTHE said:
mayday: that was awesome. The hollywood brother do not know if you remember but the brother of the mountie after he stopped wrestling with the monutie became a successful commentator for the wwf and wwe for many years. Also if you ever get cattle prodded by a monutie then have protective armour under your clothes so you can not feel it or just grab the shoock stick and attack the monutie while saying hey

Bzzzz! Bzzzzz!!

Attachments

• The Mountie.jpg
    The Mountie.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22
Although generally looked down upon by the modern world and most of Indian society, many older Hindu families still practice "bride burnings" where if the husband dies before the wife, basically it means she has no more purpose in life anymore and SHE THROWS HERSELF ONTO THE FUNERAL FIRE AND BURNS TO DEATH! And if she doesnt, shes usually shunned and ridiculed by her peers and inevitably stoned to death....TILL DEATH DO YOU PART MY ASS!!

Through an egosentric mindset one would see this as cruel and unusual, but all cultures have their own unique and sometimes questionable traditions...

As for my own culture; I've been to Norway twice in my life, once for a Funeral and then a Wedding. in Norway a black, see-through slip-dress is appropriate garb to wear to the funeral of a Norwegian-Lutheran relative. Something about showing the dead you have no shame and want to bare yourself to them....and Aunt Yacobena was baring it all.....EEEESH!

Its also customary during a traditional Norwegian wedding for the bride to where her dress inside-out...I believe this custom began during the time of Eric the Red, following the philosophy that if you're dating a Viking you might as well wear your best wooing outfit with the seams and stray threads showing until someone civilized comes along. They also traditionally wear severed cow tails under their dress as well....no idea where that one comes from...LOL :p And towards the end the traditional "delicacy" is served, known as lutefisk which is basically a jelly made from pureed catfish and cod....that ranks up there with Haggis as a definite aquired tasted...

Last edited:
AphroditeRabbit said:
ROTFL! Biggest vibrator ever...

Yeah right. I dare you stick one of those in the love bucket. You'll be in for a surprise.

naveltklr1350 said:
In poland..the kids get out of school early to go to the pubs!
??? Yah sure , some even have school in a pub you know, precious gain of time :)
Mhhh i don't know how can you believe things like that. It's not true at all .

just what i heard...never been to Europe, Maybe it was just the kids in high school, i dont know the legal drinkin age there. Oh well. Carry on folks!

naveltklr1350 said:
just what i heard...never been to Europe, Maybe it was just the kids in high school, i dont know the legal drinkin age there. Oh well. Carry on folks!

The legal drinking age for Beer and "soft" stuff( XD ) in germany is 16, for things like Vodka it's 18 years. I think(!!) it's the same in the other eurpean countries, but i could(most probably) be wrong.

Hmm don't know what else to say XD

It's 18 for ALL alcohol in Croatia and most of Europe(been). Also, in Croatia, you can't drink ANY alcohol before you drive-it's illegal.

In India, admiring people's stuff is the same as politely asking them to give that thing to you.

What's New

5/27/2024
Take a moment to think about those that sacrificed all on this Memorial Day.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back