• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What is Family?

classy

Verified
What is "Family"​
Would you say "Family" is the blood from which you came? I would say not. In my life I have found that the people that did not have the same blood flowing in their veins have shown more “Family” qualities to me. “Family” is a broad word. “Family”,I feel, will come to you when something is wrong; talking to you and helping you through a hard time. Never whispering around the corner of your mistakes or what they feel are mistakes. “Family” would never shun you for a difference in opinion; using your hardships as a conversation piece for entertainment. “Family” is caring of your hardships and your progress. “Family” would go the extra mile to make sure we are OK. Distance would never keep “Family” apart emotionally.
Don’t get me wrong. I do have “Family” that do these things for me and have the same blood running through our veins. But, I must say, I have friends that have done these things with out a complaint or a second thought faster than most “Family” would even consider. “Family” is an action, a privilege; it is not just something you claim to be. What is “Family” to you?

Gotta agree with your assessment, Classy. I'd only add that family accepts you for who you really are rather than trying to make you into something they want you to be or think that you should be. I've found more family here in this community than I find with most of my relatives.

See ya tomorrow! :)

"Family" Is a word for a particular group of a Mafia. So stop talking about it because you shouldn't, or else something accidentally might accidentally happen to you accidentally.....which would be an accident.

Beautiful Thread Classy! I have to agree with you.
They say that family is what binds people together stronger than any other force. The love of one's family and the love they give in return seems greater than no other. Yet sometimes in life there are many surprises. There are people who seem like family and there are people who were never family, but are closer than blood could ever be. The universe is full of wonder and of mystery. It is a tapestry woven with such complexity yet larger in simplicity.

We all have families we were born into but sometimes families change and we have to build our own. For me the friendship and love I share with all you here binds us closer than blood ever could!

Family is though that are nearest and dearest to you that allow you to be you no questions asked and always want best for you. They can be blood related, but do not have to be. Actually it means so much more when they aren't blood because you don't have to accept them or vice versa but those ties that bind so to speak mean so much more.

Personally I have a close group that are family to me, blood and not blood, and I would do anything for them as they would for me. Time has strengthened our bond and nothing could ever break them. I don't just allow anyone into my "family" but I am always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

In my opinion(whatever that's worth), Family has nothing to do with blood relations at all. It means anybody who is special and important in your life.

And yes, I'm still sad cause I'm not hanging with my family now like I was last weekend in Philly.

Oh.....and a Wiseguy never carries his money in a wallet, you keep it in a roll. And shave off that mustache, it's not allowed. And get rid of those jeans...what is this a rodeo? Get pants like me.

Drew

Very good post Classy, and I agree.

To me family is not about blood. Family for me are people who know who you truly are, and love you anyway. Family are people you without a doubt will know for the rest of your life, they are the people that would take a bullet for you and the people you can call at 2 am in the morning.

Ok I'm done spouting clichés now but that's really how it is! :D

In a social work class I took family was describes as "having a shared history and future. One is a member of his/her family until death, and often even after death."

Family i snot always blood realtives. It is those who your so close to that you want to talk about everything good and bad. That you feel safe with and trust wholeheartedly. Many dear freinds are my brothers and sisters in the deepest sence. I am closer to them than my own family.

Family i snot always blood realtives.

Wait...

You mean every time I get a cold, I can count that as a family gathering?

WICKED!!!

As of two minutes ago, this forum has met my relatives!

All over my 20" flat-screen moniter!:dogpile:

Wow Classy! That's Deep!! lol

Just because your blood related doesn't mean your family.

Family is a word for people that make you feel at home. :happyfloa

I couldn't agree more. Family to me is whomever I choose it to be, blood relations or not. I also feel that one is certainly allowed to have multiple families. :)

;)

Wow Classy! That's Deep!! lol

Just because your blood related doesn't mean your family.

Family is a word for people that make you feel at home. :happyfloa

I can't be silly all the time! LOL but yes it was heavy on my mind so had to write it. :makingalist:

I couldn't agree more. Family to me is whomever I choose it to be, blood relations or not. I also feel that one is certainly allowed to have multiple families. :)

I certainly agree. I have my work family as well. It's what gets us through the rough times and rough days. I've had more than one employee in tears when it was his/her turn to leave for greener pastures. We pride ourselves in having a very close knit group (ok, sometimes too close) who care about each other. It makes getting up and going to work a little bit easier and better for all :)

Family is an interesting subject.

Objectively 'family' is the group you are related to, ie: your 'blood relatives'.

However, true family is subjective. There are people who say 'you can not choose your family', and to them I say 'go shag a goat'. I have friends who are like brothers to me. Guys I would, and have put my self on the line for so many times, and they've done the same for me.

Family, true family is a bond that can't be broken; it's not predicated on blood, but history. Allow me to explain:

[Thanks to the Catholic Church] I've never known my blood relations. I was adopted, but I have a sister that I love, and a mother and a father, who I've known for pretty much my whole life, and love. I have no desire to seek out the 'family' who didn't want to fight to keep me, nor did they have any desire to ever meet with me.

My adopted family spans the best part of 40 people (not an exaggeration), and I couldn't be happier. I'm treated as a family member at every reunion, and I've known my 'cousins' all of my (or their) life. We are in a very real sense a family; I have never been treated differently because of adoption.

Now, if these people, who I technically am no relation to are my family, are the friends I’ve had for years any different? I’ve known my closest friends since I was 4. We grew up together, played together, competed in sports together, pushed each other to get better at every thing we did. I’d consider us as close as brothers. I’d be as close to them as I would my sister.

That’s the tricky thing about ‘family’, the word gets thrown around a lot, and most people I know say a lot of things about it, without knowing anything about having no blood relations.

I prefer definitions similar to yours, Classy. Family is first what you're born to, and then it's the chosen - those who chose you and those you choose, those who accept you and those you accept.

Means that there's blood that ain't family, and family that ain't blood.

Family cares, even when they're pissed off at yer dumb ass. They're the wretches that fall so low and need your loving assistance.

Mostly, though, they're the folks ya love without definition, with so few boundaries that such is unspoken.

Most of the tribes of this continent define family like you do. Like I do.

This Song was a poem written by Felice Mancini(Henry Mancini's daughter) to her immediate family as a gift he loved it so much that he set it to music & the Carpenter's loved it so much that they recorded it! I think it can be meant for either immediate family or those closest to you in your life!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0NtznMKkGo

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back