• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Is It About Tickling?

Sockstickler

1st Level Black Feather
Hi. I'm sure this has been addressed a while back, but I wanted to see what people these days think.
Ok, as we know, alot of us (I'd wager almost all of us) here share a love of tickling. Whether it involves us tickling someone else or having someone else tickling us, it's something we can't get enough of.
With that in mind, what I want to know is how we can like something so much, and look forward to it, but if we have the chance to tickle someone, they end up shouting things like "No!" and "Stop!" amidst their laughter, even the most diehard tickling lover. After it's done, they say they enjoy it, and would love to do it again, but while the actual tickling's going on, they'll do all they can to avoid it. Why is that?
As has been postulated by scientists, the feeling of tickling was originally meant as a survival mechanism to kick in if we felt something crawling on us, and so we'd know to get rid of whatever it was. However, if there's no one there except you and the other person, you know there isn't anything like that going on. We know it's another person bringing out these sensations, and it's someone we trust (Usually) who's doing it, so why do we still tend to freak out, flail, and try to get away if we're tickled?
And with that in mind, why is it exactly that we laugh when someone tickles us? If it's meant to be a survival mechanism, then wouldn't yelling and shouting be more appropriate? What about tickling manifests itself as laughter?
I've read a few essays on the subject, wikipedia entries and such, and I'm sure a lot of you have read the same things. What is it about tickling that brings these about?

Interesting question.From a lees perspective I think that it's the reflexes that results in a lee to do all they can to avoid the tickling when it happens,even though they love it.A lot of the time it could be that they have no control over their body hence why the body spasms and twitches when it is touched on certain areas in a certain way.

first of all the hollywood brother thinks laughter is the best medicine to help survive and that rock and roll is pretty good as well. Secondly there are so many good things to tickling like the lee's reaction and the domination. The bottom line hollywood brother style is that what is there not to love about the world of tickling and this great forum?

I agree about the reflexes, tickle_fan03. And it is great forum, hollywood brother. I think of tickling like the giddy feeling of a rollercoaster ride. People yell and laugh, and even scream but ride the coaster again.

Here's two quotes from this link. They surprised me.:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickling

"Fetishism -Tickling as a fetish is perhaps one of the most common human behaviors known, in that studies indicate nearly 85 percent of adults in some way or another enjoy tickling others, being tickled themselves, or watching others be tickled. The tickling can be done with or without restraint."

"Society - Tickling is defined by many child physiologists as an integral bonding activity between parents and children. In the parent-child concept, tickling establishes at an early age the pleasure associated with being touched by a parent with a trust-bond developed so that parents may touch a child, in an unpleasant way, should circumstances develop such as the need to treat a painful injury or prevent harm from danger. This tickling relationship continues throughout childhood and often into the early to mid teenage years."

My Subby Hubby likens the intense physical stimulation to the pleasure of eating extremely spicy foods and says he finds certain strong physical stimuli to be erotic when delivered by a romantic partner. He thinks that it's the way his central nervous system is "wired," combined with the influence from life experiences such as early romantic encounters or observation of others engaged in courting.

Another Unsolicited Bit Of Mv Lust. The Articles I Read So Long Ago(late 1970's) Talked About The "bug" Theory Regarding Being Sensitive To Tickling And Also That Ticklish Areas Had Good Blood Supply( Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face, Class:)) And Needed To Be Protected. I Never Got A Completely Satisfying Explanation Of The Laughter Link To Tickling. Some People That Find Tickling Pure Torture Still Lol During A Session. There Seemed To Be A Lot Of Circular Referencing To About Six Or So Articles In Many Of The Others. I See Tickling As Having Similarities To Being Scared Or Surprised By Someone Or Even Sneezing. The Small Amount Of Stumulus Results In A Exagerated Response.

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back