• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What Methods Do You Use.. To Apply For Jobs?

Paola. what the fuck does anything that I asked you.. "About feet", as you say, have anything to do with the subject we are talking about here?

"I cant handle a real job". You "Evaluate"

"Employers Want Results Not Excuses".

You're the expert on evaluation, paola, the fucking maven of the world.

How the fuck do you know what I "Can and Cant Handle"?. You're nothing more than an attacking troll on a forum, where 75% of your posts are attacks against me.

You know EVERYTHING that goes on, what went on at Aflac, the restrictions placed on me, the actions of the people in the business deal that caused me to have to leave Aflac, AND what is discussed between me and "Employers".

You are completely delusional. Preaching to me like you're sitting on your imaginary high horse, with all the answers about life. This, from a troll, no less.

You're Sigmund Freud, paola,

You're the employee evaluator, the shrink, the judge, and the jury, all in one.

Proven that your post was meant as nothing but as potshot.. is that you brought up about '

"Bombarding you with a flurry of questions about your feet",.

Taking the topic of my discussing about interviews completely off topic, to suit your own end;.

"You have to expect a variety of responses". You said

How is any of what you said "A response" ?

There is nothing constructive, well meaning, or sincere about your posts.

You merely chimed in with something completely unrelated.

Your "response" as you call it, was in reality, "An attack" even if it isnt considered such under the supposed "Golden Rule"

Last edited:
I should also point out that I havent posted any specifics about what goes on for me with job interviews, potential situations, or certainly anything to do with my father or my personal life. As I mentioned before, I'm not going to discuss matters like that here anymore. My thread was intended to look for advice about job interviews in general, until Paola took it off topic with her potshots,.

"I just did mention him". The maven paola says.

Saying that I dont discuss him, isnt "mentioning him". It's merely pointing out that I dont.

I;m seriously growing so tired of attacks like Paola's being allowed to continue, as long as she's freaking out about "Questions" from long ago.

Such makes my decision to spend far less time here, look like a prudent one.

Hey Mitch, in all honesty, Paola's post was not a "potshot". A potshot is her just flat out insulting you by saying you're worthless, etc. Her post was meant to give you some good advice on how to present yourself, and not dwell on what happened at Aflac for example. Your posts sometimes do come off as "whiny" and "poor ol' Mitch". It was really was meant to try and nudge you into a more positive frame of thinking when you are looking for a job.

Then, what I find very odd is the fact that she is even providing any kind of direction. I notice you haven't denied what she claims what you have done to her. That wasn't right dude. But give her credit, she was actually trying to give you POSITIVE advice in looking for a job and you quickly went after her claiming it was a potshot or an attack. If what you were doing to her is true, then why on Earth would you even act negatively towards her? She didn't come to this thread and call you names (she would have every right really) and just tell you to "fuck off" and hope you never find any happiness. But she is not doing that is she? You really should chill towards her on this forum.

I am proud of you for leaving a lot of your personal stuff off the forum because you will find more peace that way. Your threads about your personal life usually end up as train wrecks, so keep up the good work and not letting us know what happens in your life when it comes to struggles. You want to share a major accomplishment? That would be ok. If you have struggles, then I suggest you keep that away from this forum. Good luck Mitch. I hope you have happiness somewhere.

Prime, you'll excuse me if I disagree with you.

She made comments that she has absolutely no information about. How does she know what my "body language" is during interviews"? Is she there with me?

How was her advice "Good"?

"I cant handle a real job"

"Employers want results not excuses".

As for what she "claims I did to her". How is such relevant at all to this discussion? My post was.. "What advice do people have about looking for jobs". It wasnt "Lets discuss Mitch's approach to women on this forum".

I have been leaving my personal life off the forum, for two reasons. One because of threads that get twisted like this, that are allowed, and two, because I just dont have the attachment or patience for this place that I used to. A lot of the crap that's gone on the last several weeks, have made me really reconsider my position about this place. The only reason I havent left, is because it's difficult to turn my back on 13 years.

Prime, think of this, as an example of paola's advice not being good or well meaning.

Did she ever post anything positive. like

"Good Luck with the job search".

Or..

I know this is a rough time for you, hang in there.

No.

She says.

"I';m not going to coddle you".

This is why I cant see your point of her giving me "Good advice". Basically what you're saying is,.. "Its okay that she attacks you, even though she has no information about the subject she;'s discussing".

I know someone who has a saying "I wont comment, because I dont have all the facts"

Does she have the facts about what happened to me at Aflac, or what the situation with the job interviews are? No, she twists it, and then brings in irrelevant information, for the purpose of doing nothing but being attacking

Bottom line, what she says is

"I'm just going to attack you.".

In my heart.. I really want to pack this place in.

Its; very difficult to do after 13 years. I think what I;m doing.. is to distance myself from it slowly.

One more comment to what you said, prime..

If for example, I decided to post something positive like.

"I wanted to let everyone know that I got a great new job". As I did when I passed the insurance exam, or got the position with Aflac.

paola's comment undoubtedly would be something like.

"Let's see how long it is before you get fired, with your attitude and excuses"

and it would undoubtedly be allowed.

Considering the fact the 75% of her posts are attacks against me.

Such is why I just cant subscribe to your theory that she's giving me "constructive advice".

Mitch, with all due respect you are in the wrong about her. Let's just take a moment to reflect. At one time, you and her were on good terms. Then because of something YOU did to her, you are no longer on good terms. So why are you even surprised or even upset of she does take "potshots"? Her comments were really not attacks on you, but you perceive it to be. But why? YOU started the "hostility" between you two so why are you even surprised?

Mitch, you do need to stop thinking everything is an attack. You are also assuming she will say "you will be fired". Even if she did, your behavior towards her would be the cause of the conflict. I can't support your hostility towards her, some of the others yes, but with her no because you know what you did to her.

I wish all the happiness for you Mitch. Down deep you are a good guy and you will find that happiness.

prime, I thank you for your good wishes.

About paola, let's just say that you and I are two friends agreeing to disagree about her.

I never remember being on good terms with her.

I think I talked to her once, and since then, there have been these potshot posts from her.

I'm going to give you an example of what I mean.

I have many friends on this forum., women, people who I discussed the whole feet and tickling thing with, similar to what paola is claiming.

I can think of one or two people, women, who have been really nice over the years, who, if for example, I posted.,, a rant about my father in the main forum, they would sharply say to me "Mitch, enough". However, if either these people needed support or advice from me or vice versa , it was there.

You can have your opinion, prime, opinions are what makes the world go round. Just so you know, it isnt because someone disagrees with Mitch, or even says something sharp, that I take a dislike to them. Its when there is a pattern of behavior like paola has had with me, that I take a dislike to them, and express the things I have.

ok this topic has gotten really off topic and should be taken to a private message or stopped being talked about all together whatever the issues are they should not be aired in an open public forum, so lets try to get it back on topic. How you gone to job fairs? or how about pounding the pavement its an old school method but it might be the most effective way to go. Jobs aren't easy to come by now a days its really not about what you know its who you know. I'd suggest sticking with posting your resume online and reaching out to companies to offer your services. The best advice I can give is sell yourself to the companies, make yourself stand out among all the rest.

Angel, thanks for the direction of putting things back on topic. Thats what I want to do.

Now, to answer your questions.

I've definitely done two of the things you mentioned. My resume is online at several jobs websites, which is where I have gotten some of my interviews from. In fact, I've gotten a few notifications of people who have seen my resume, and have invited me to an interview because of it.

I dont know anyone who can get me a job, or at least they say they cant. Funny thing, I have another friend who is looking for a job, and he said the same thing.

I have gone to a few "company open houses" at hotels and things, and talked to some people.

As for the idea of "pounding the pavement". I know for a fact that there is nothing in my neighborhood. I do look around in other areas of the city if I'm somewhere for a reason, but transportation in NYC is expensive unless you';re going somewhere for a specific reason .

I'm also in touch with a few job couneslors, and employment agencies. I'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the sincere advice, Angel.

Mitch, make your own business. Pick a few things you excel in, and develop them a bit more, and work to capitalize off of it. It's not difficult.

Um Mitch, in order for what took place between you two, you had to be on good terms. Otherwise the topic of her feet never comes up... sorry my friend you are in the wrong about her.

As for the topic, perhaps you should start your own business. That way you can control your own destiny instead of being at the mercy of some crazy boss. If you could do your own business, what would you like to do?

Thanks, CTS. I appreciate the advice.

Without getting into details in the main forum, I do plan to do that, but.. I need a job with a paycheck now, so that would have to be secondary.

Without getting into a rant in the main forum, and staying completely on topic of the job search.. I want to offer just one example of something that happened to me recently at an interview. and then analyze something. This one hurt a little bit, for the reasons I'm going to explain.

The week before last, I was invited to an interview of a company that represented labor unions, in their employee benefits.

The emails and phone interaction I had with the people, before the interview, seemed incredibly positive and hopeful.

I went to the interview, and of course, I was nervous, both because of my job situation in general, and what I heard from the people. This was a job that I wanted, and thought I had a real chance to get.

I got to the interview, and found out that I was the only licensed insurance agent there. The rest of the guys who were at the interview with me were all very nice. We were talking and drinking tea in the waiting room of the company. In fact, they all told me that if they got this job, they would have had to take the insurance exam.

The people that interviewed me seemed very impressed with me. In fact they said to me "You have an advantage over the other people we interviewed, because you're already an insurance agent".

I walked out of the interview hopeful, but its almost two weeks later, and I've heard nothing. They said there are sometimes rolling callbacks, but, I dont want to get my hopes up.

Usually, I try to take the interviews in stride. I do research on the companies, go to the interview, have it, and try to put it behind me if it doesnt work out.

That one, and one other company, that I'm waiting to hear from, with hopes of an interview, with someone who I've had a lot of communication with, seem to sting a little more then all the rest.

I know I just have to keep trying. It';s just incredibly frustrating.

prime, I just thought of a perfect example/correlation of why I think you're completely wrong for defending paola.

Turn it around.. Say, for example. I had messaged a girl on the forum, in an attempt to talk about general things/tickling, etc etc, and said girl didnt answer me for whatever reason. Such has happened to me many times in the 12 plus years I'[ve been here.

Then, say, for example, said girl was having a serious personal problem with work, family etc etc, and posted about it on the forum.

Imagine if I intentionally posted something like "All this is all your fault, you're a baby, you're a bitch, yada yada yada". Or acting like I know it all, and scolded said girl, which is exactly paola's attitude to me. She's angry with me at things I discussed with her about topics totally unrelated to this, tickling etc, and has chosen to follow me around the forum taking potshots at me, and acting like she's the judge and jury, about other things.

Imagine if I then justified it by saying "I;m saying all this to you, whatever girl,. because I'm angry with you that you wouldnt talk to me about tickling"

You know what would happen? Said girl would report me, everyone would think I;m a scumbag, and I would probably be banned.

Yet, because paola is disgruntled with me, and chooses to follow me around the forum, making 75% of her posts as potshots against me, said is okay.

Do you know what I would do/have done, in cases in the past where I messaged women, and they didnt answer me, and they posted about something unrelated?

I either. A. Had them on ignore, and ignored their posts.. or B. if it was truly a situation where I thought I could help, I would get past my whole
I'm mad at whatever girl because they didnt want to talk about tickling with me", and try to offer helpful advice.

paola has never done this, and such is why I think your view about her, and how she acts, is 100% wrong. Sorry. I'm not only saying this because she;s doing it to me., I would say it if she did it to some other forum member also.

I thank you for the advice of starting my own business. I do want to, and have some ideas, but right now need a job with a paycheck, as a business takes time to build, and become profitable.

Last edited:
Mitch, you know what hurts your explanation? The simple fact that you have not denied her claim against you. Therefore, her "attitude" towards you should not be a shocker. There was another woman who said the same thing. Mitch, your hands are not clean. That is why I say you did her wrong so why are you surprised? Plus, her posts are not insulting. She isn't calling you a loser, she isn't writing that she hopes you fail in life, she writes things to help you get better. Sorry if you don't see it this way, but why are you mad at a woman you offended?

I do get it about starting your own business. It costs money. But for fun, let's say money was no object. What business would you start?

prime, why am I supposed to deny her claim? I'm not a liar. I asked her tickling questions on a tickling forum. I didn t "bombard her with questions" as she says . I messaged her, told her who I was, she answered, I answered her back, asked her if it would be okay if we discussed tickling, she said yes, and I asked her tickling questions. She had the choice not to answer the questions. Her whole rant about my "bombing her with tickling questions", and then going off as she did, has no relevance to this topic.

You say to me : "Her posts are not insulting." . Let;s just agree to disagree on that. She is being judge, jury, and Goddess all in one. One can be condescending, and insulting, without calling someone a "loser". That;s exactly what she;s doing, even if you dont think so.

Her posts are not intended to help me get better.

As for your point of "The other woman who said the same thing" I dont know what, or who, you are talking about, and it has no relevance,

Whatever, prime, have your view. Paola is the maven on life, and all this is all my fault.

I;m not going to bother debating this with you anymore, its pointless.

Last edited:
Mitchell, put your big boy pants on and quit whining about Paola. She is an extremely intelligent young lady who is only trying to help.:wiseowl:

bill, I take your post as exactly what it is, a potshot, much like your other posts to me for however long.

"Put on my big boy pants".,as if you[re the maven of maturity and intelligence.

"Paola is an intelligent young lady who was trying to help".

She was "trying to help" by taking the subject completely off topic, and passing judgement about something she had no information on.

I;'ll say it this way.''

If I had only a few posts on a forum, and 95% of my posts were potshots against her, people's reactions would be far different then they are, but because paola is doing it to Mitch, it's okay.

Mitchell with all due respect, if you really feel Paola is taking shots at you and you feel she isn't trying to give you advice to help(Which I believe she is trying to help, we will agree to disagree) just ignore her posts and don't talk to her or respond to her. Its as simple as that, sometimes you just have to let things go.

I believe everyone here is trying to support you(you may disagree and that's fine) but you asked for methods on how people have looked for jobs and people have given answers(some you agree with other you don't) my advice is focus on the advice you feel and really help you and ignore all the rest. Don't react to something or someone simply because you don't like what they had to say. just move on and focus on making progress to find a better job for yourself

Angel, thanks. I agree with you except for two things.

Paola is not well meaning.

bill's post is nothing but a definite potshot at me. Did he say anything at all about jobs or my situation. All he said was.., and I quote.

"Paola is an intelligent young lady, put on your big boy pants and stop whining".

A personal attack on bill's part, and justifying someone else who has a history of personal attacks.

Like I said before, if someone who has been truly well meaning, puts a sharp or disagreeable post to something I say, I dont have a problem with that. Disagreement is what the world go round.

Its when someone has a pattern of behavior like paola and bill do, that I have the problem with, especially when in paola's case, she has no information to support her claim,.

I frankly dont care if she dislikes me. I dislike her just as much as she dislikes me.

However, if she put a thread up in the forum that didnt have to do with me, or wasnt a potshot or attack against me, I would ignore it, unless I had something constructive to say. This is a method she has never followed. Just look at her posting history, and the volume/amount of her posts that are attacks against me.

Last edited:
Mitchell,

Calm down. You're being unnecessarily sensitive. If paola is indeed trying to hurt you, then she is enjoying your complants. It is the cyber version of squirming and screaming when a stick is poked at you. If she does this, then she is enjoying your actions.

I see your point. Her history is just annoying.

Back to the topic of jobs.

Other people like me who are looking for jobs, have probably heard the words. "Potential interview".

It;s beginning to really grind my gears. Its like, if I hear this again, I'm going to scream.,

I get e-mails.

"Hi, we saw your resume, and you could have a potential interview".

A couple of times, including today.. I got calls, from people who first asked me some questions, and then said.

"Hi, we're calling because we looked at your resume, and we want to let you know we may invite you to a potential interview. We'll call you back within the week".

If anything sounds like.. double talk, and BS, that is.

What the fuck is a "potential interview".

To me, and it's not just because I'm going through this now.

Why even waste time sending emails, or certainly calling, to talk to someone, to say "potential interview". '

They know what requirements they've mandated for whatever job they're looking to fill. They see my resume and the cover letters I send.

Either they like my resume and want to talk to me, or they dont.

It's difficult enough going through, first, second, and third interviews, and not getting jobs, but the whole "potential interview". If anything sounds like a major mind game, that does.

Last edited:
Mitchell, again your focusing on the negative and not the positive. Despite what you believe(weather its true or not) won't help you in your goal of finding work. Buddy you have to learn to let it go because the more you focus on it the more it will distract you from the goal of getting a job. I don't believe what she has said is bad(my opinion) I believe it was meant to light a fire under you to get you motivated. and lets just say it is an attack, what good will it do for you to focus on it? It helps you achieve nothing.

Angel, I wasnt talking about paola. I dont care about her. It wasnt said to light a fire under me, it was an attack, and I let it go. Look at my last post about the whole "potential interview" jargon. That is something that really is beginning to annoy me.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back