• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's a watch?

BlasterMaster

1st Level Yellow Feather
Yeah, I literally had that question asked to me by a pair of teenagers today at work.

I'm going to go to my bed and cry myself to sleep now...:(

Maybe that's why many of them can't be on time to anything?

Kids today type on their computers but probably don't know what a typewriter is?:shock:

Last year I overheard one student ask another, "Have you ever seen those big black discs that they used to use for music?"
I presume she was referring to 33 RPM vinyl records.

That';s unreal.

I sold all of my watches within the past year, and don't have any now. However,.. when I was younger.. I used to collect cheap watches. It wasn't until the last few years that I haven't been wearing one.

I haven't worn watches for ages, ever since an unfortunate incident where a watch my grandfather left me was hit by someone's briefcase as we passed on a staircase and cracked. I have several nice watches though, I like to look at them, but they are all damaged in one way or another, which is a shame and also means they won't sell.

A watch is what you use to tell time when your cell phone's down...:)

It's the uber-ture thing that they commonly do on Deviant Art!... That's all I can say about that. :eek:

"The Watch" is a contraction of 'The Night Watchmen", who were civil employees contracted to patrol the streets at night, calling out the hour, keeping a lookout for fires, checking that doors were locked and ensuring that drunks and other vagrants were delivered to the watch constable. This goes back to biblical times and is pretty much worldwide. Its function has now been mostly replaced by professional policemen.

In England official service of this nature dates back to the early 1200s, in Colonial America Boston established a force of Watchmen in the early 1600s.

Pocket, and later, wristwatches now perform the function of 'telling the hour' that the watchman used to undertake, eg "Four o' the clock and all's well", or 'Six o'clock and a frosty morning!"

That's why a timepiece is called a 'watch'.

Watches are becoming so rare these days that a nice watch stands out. I get a lot of compliments on my Swiss automatic (which runs off kinetic motion as I walk). People love looking through the quartz window in the back and seeing all the gears and springs whirring. It cost me more than what an iPhone goes for but when was the last time someone stopped you and admired your phone?

Watches are becoming so rare these days that a nice watch stands out. I get a lot of compliments on my Swiss automatic (which runs off kinetic motion as I walk). People love looking through the quartz window in the back and seeing all the gears and springs whirring. It cost me more than what an iPhone goes for but when was the last time someone stopped you and admired your phone?

The Swiss People: AhHA! We win ONCE AGAIN! (strokes their collective chins) ^_~

I'm one of those weird kids that actually doesn't like using a phone for everything. I have a flip phone that I use maaaaaybe once a week for emergency calls. Most of my long-distance communication is done through my PC.

In highschool I wore a watch because I was a nut about keeping track of every single second that passed, and now that I've stopped wearing one my wrist feels awfully bare... I think I may start wearing one again. Maybe get myself something fancy.

I can believe it, actually. It seems like I'm one of the few people who wears watches these days. I rarely ever see people wearing watches, and using cell phones, and I can kind'a understand it, as you can conveniently set up you phone so important reminders are right there beside your time so every time you check, you remember.

A Swiss watch, hell any quality analogue watch for that matter, will outlive any iPhone. These things are timeless.

252891.jpg

Last edited:
What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back