• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

what's the best advice you ever got

My best advice was given right here on this forum with a situation, advice is"

Live for yourself,you'll be surprised what can happen":dogpile:

I got a couple, so I'll start in chronological order. And ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE PIECE turned out to be 100% true. I've never been steered wrong by the following advice:

My mother: "Just stay out of his way."
(referring to my father when he was in a bad mood. I';ve run into many people like my father and it's paid off every time)

A newspaper article: "No matter how hot or sexy they may be, never sleep with someone you can't have a conversation with."

And I forget who told me this: "Never trust a fucking Russian."

Whenever I wanted something, I used to be very stuborn and head on to it. I would never stop before getting there. This was true with everything, games, relationships, classes...it was and is my personality.

Once, a girl to whom i was atracted gave me the following advice:
"You know, there is a time for everything, even to quit and let go"

I took this advice and understood I had to change something..at least be able to adapt and change tactics.

Some weeks after the same girl told me:
"I see you are a nice boy and took my advice"
My answer to her will tell you what I changed and how i adapted:
"Yes, I understood your advice and now I see there´s a time when one must live to fight another day"

In the end we got together 1 year and a half later..too bad I found how cold she could really be even with someone she said she loved.

But I took the advice on my life, even in college where I stopped my graduation for a full year. I was not very sure of it when I stopped but one year latter I came back in full force and with a different much better aproach.

So if something´s not working, maybe it´s not the right time or you´re not taking the right aproach. Take your time, think, look several times at it...if you still think you want it, come back later fully regenerated.

don't drive drunk.

i've got another one, once i found the correct word in english i'll post it. i've never had a *flash* advice like for friends, but more from girls with i was / i'm in :redheart: with. girls always know best :)

The best advice i ever got or at least the best one i can remember right now was given to me following my apparent eagerness to get something i truly wanned which kept being postponed by things out of my control... "There aren't easy paths for the things worth having" the second i heard this i felt more encouraged to fight on fiercely for what i desired never giving up or laying off for a second!

Watch what you write, anywhere, to anyone.

Pardon me if this is repeated elsewhere here, but I was told

to be very careful what I put in print.

With the internet, including quickly-written emails
and sites, even such as this, it's now even easier to screw yourself
or give someone else the means to do so...

John 7:24

"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

I've been pretty fortunate and have been given much more good advice over the years than bad.

One thing that stands out is that when I was a Sophomore in high school, signing up for classes for the next year, somebody advised me to take typing, that it would be a good skill to know. This was in 1973, long before the advent of personal computers.

So not only was it a very useful skill, but the class itself was like 95% female. :D

"Treat life like you got nothin' to lose. People tend to stay away from you if they think you're suicidal.":redheart:

Another great one I once got - and I was thinking about it today is -

'There will always be situations in your life, you simply can't change, but you can always change your attitude towards them'.

Sounds trivial, but if you really think about it, it makes a lot of sense and it's certainly helping me right now.

Thanks to everyone for your contributions so far :)

- Don't eat that.

- Put that down.

- Never follow Parry.

- History will absolve me.

- They're not laughing with you; they're calling the police.

Lots! Several, directly and indirectly, from the Bible. I've spent most of my life trying to adhere to these.

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" (11th Commandment).
"Judge not, lest you be judged" (Gospel of Matthew).
Avoid hypocrisy.
Watch your temper.
Be fair and reasonable.
Honesty is the best policy.
What goes around, comes around.
Be yourself, and if you're doing right, stay the course (my Dad).
Admit when you're wrong and don't gloat when you're right (my Dad).
Trust your instincts, follow your heart, but don't completely abandon reason or close your mind (myself).
If you have something to say to someone, say it to them directly before even contemplating saying it to someone else (myself).

And, I agree with Babbles about being careful about what you put into print AS well as about what you merely say and to whom.

Sorry, Minerva, no stories about any of these. I've previously written on this forum about my first-hand witnessing of someone getting what he dished out (10x worse!).

A wise man once told me not to eat yellow snow.I should have listened.:xlime:

Someone once told me.........

........if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got

The world will always change; understand and change with it, or it will just drag you along(with your choice in the matter or not).

What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back