• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

When is it a "Scene"?

Ayla ny

Verified
I started to respond to a question and realized that I had question of my own. When exactly is tickling considered a “Scene”?

Wikipedia said:
In BDSM, a scene is a complete encounter. It may or may not involve sexual activity.

It may help to think of a scene as the BDSM equivalent of what might be considered a romantic interlude or erotic encounter. While what constitutes such an encounter will vary depending on the people, kink and lifestyle involved, almost everyone in the community uses the term.

A scene can take place in private between two people, or in a club where it can be viewed by an audience. When a scene takes place in public it may be because the participants enjoy the thrill of being watched by others, or because of the equipment available, or because having third parties present adds safety for play partners who have only recently met. There is an etiquette in most clubs which regulates how the onlookers may interact with the people in the scene.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_(BDSM)

Thank you! Not sure if I agree 100% but it does define it!

I'm intrigued. :D

What is your interpretation?

I'm not sure if I have one, actually..hence why I just pulled a generic from wikipedia. But, I've always known it to be referred to as "scene", so I just use it.

I have always equated "scene" with a public thing... but I am always learning and asking. :)

In my opinion "A Scene" can be different things to different people. Sometimes the term is used for intense cybering as well. So I think its hard to come up with an exact definition. Sorta like when does a pebble get big enough to be a rock. So there are probably lots of grey areas where some people would say that is a Scene and others might say its not. Just my two cents. :D

My own perception/interpretation of a "scene" leaves little room for grey areas.... there's an audience of some sort. Whether that's one other person in the room, or a dozen people at a small gathering, or a thousand people watching a staged performance at a convention. Think of it as a play or a motion picture scene. Two people playing, in my mind's eye, does not constitute a scene. Someone doing a photo shoot or filming a video is shooting a scene, because people will see it. But this is one of those questions that's open to interpretation.

In my understanding it's a 'scene' when it was kind of prepared beforehand. That could include bringing bondage equipment and/or toys, talk about likes/dislikes/limits and discuss a safeword.
Both parties will fully concentrate on what they are doing ( some spontaneous tickling while watching TV is not a scene ;)), it will go on for quite a while and will include some kind of aftercare.
In my understanding it doesn't matter if anyone is watching.

I always thought an "a scene" required an audience, at least one person watching and not participating. I see that Wikipedia doesn't agree with that.

I think the best way to define a word is usually to consider the practical contexts in which people use it, considering that usage happens first and the writing of the definition follows, and also considering that usages evolve and definitions get rewritten accordingly. With that in mind, I think the question could be, in what contexts--private, public, or both--do we tend to refer to a tickling or other BDSM session as a scene, or hear others make such reference? For my part, I tend to associate the word with public contexts. I think it tends to connote a boundary line between the persons having the scene and persons either watching it or casually strolling by it. The two main usages of it that I hear at Paddles (New York BDSM club) are the rule "Never interrupt a scene" and the customary practice of saying "That was a nice scene you just had" as a way of starting a conversation. (It tends to have the subtext, eventually spoken, of "Would you like to have a scene with me now?") So in my view, the way to make a case that it applies in private encounters as well would be to report that you yourself actually use it that way or hear others use it that way.

My 11 cents:

I was first taught the word 'scene' in the spanking community. "Scene" can be a noun or a verb; with a capital 'S' it refers to the community itself: "it's ok to show Esmerelda your new paddle, she's in the Scene like us" or He's been in the tickling Scene for years but he's new to the spanking Scene". It's also used for a really, reeaaaalllly good play session with a little extra oomph: "I loved it when you spanked me in your suit and fedora last night like Cary Grant, it was an amazing scene!". "We're scening tonight and it's going to be pretty intense since I actually deserve a spanking this time" . I've always heard the same usage with tickling folks and other BDSMmers, so that's how I still use the terms :)

It's never had anything to do with an audience or being in public to my knowledge, though an audience can certainly turn a session into an amazing scene :devil:

To me scene has always referred to the community, and session to a 'play scene' (for the definitely used in this thread).

To me a session is anything more than a random tickle. A session requires preparation of some sort, even if it's just telling someone to lie down, or kneel.

For me, it's always been when the restaurant owner comes over and says "Sir, you're making a scene." :jester:

Snail Shell

For me, it's always been when the restaurant owner comes over and says "Sir, you're making a scene." :jester:

Snail Shell

It is precisely the restaurant owner's point that other people, not at your table, are now watching the events at your table (and this is a bad thing because you are distracting them from enjoying their meal). So use of the word in that context still implies an audience.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back