• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who Grew Up Watching Power Rangers?

DebonairDavid

TMF Regular
Let's talk about anything related to the franchise. I'll start.

I got to meet Jason David Frank at C2E2 right before the lockdowns began in 2020, and it felt like an honor to finally get to meet the man I grew up with. However, I took his death personally because part of my childhood died along with him (may the Power protect you, JDF). Being that Turbo was often considered one of the low points of the franchise, I've been in the very early stages of writing a fan-fiction reboot series, and I'll be sure to post each episode when they come out. Countless people have told me I'm a very good writer (I've been writing stories since I was 11), so I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.

I was in middle school when Power Rangers Season 1 first aired so, yeah, Jason Frank's death kind of hits hard to home. It sucks cause from what I hear he was a very good person and hated people who harassed the actors. To this day I feel very sorry for the actors who played Bulk and Skull as they (and their families) got a lot of harassment from kids not realizing they were just actors.

I was in middle school when Power Rangers Season 1 first aired so, yeah, Jason Frank's death kind of hits hard to home. It sucks cause from what I hear he was a very good person and hated people who harassed the actors. To this day I feel very sorry for the actors who played Bulk and Skull as they (and their families) got a lot of harassment from kids not realizing they were just actors.

Is it true Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy got harassed? I never heard of that, and they seem like they have a good time at the Morphicon among other conventions. I know some of the other cast members, such as Patricia Jai Lee, were harassed by the fans, and it led to her quitting acting and becoming a firefighter. While its sad she encountered that, I'm happy to know she's now a hero both on and off-screen.

Going back to my fan-fiction for PRT, as much as I'd like to see your guys' thoughts on it, it's not as developed as this other PR fan-fiction series I was writing previously called Power Rangers Arctic Blast, so now I'm going to see about posting that in the not too distant future instead. I got pretty far with developing the character bios and decided to make it to where the rangers had tightly-woven character dynamics, which led to them all growing as people because of it. The only thing that sucks is the place where they would hang out was an after-school program I used to be a part of, and after I had a falling out with them, I deleted it out of spite, so now I have to start all over again.

Last edited:
I felt very much the same when he died, he was literally my childhood hero. Got to meet him at a London Comic Con in... I wanna say 2017... Great dude. I made it my mission to meet all the MMRP Rangers (Still missing Adam and Kat sadly) but honestly, all of them were great but JDF was my guy and like you I took his death personally. I dropped out after Zeo, so never got to Turbo although I did see the movie. I think Fanfic will be well recieved here

Is it true Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy got harassed? I never heard of that, and they seem like they have a good time at the Morphicon among other conventions. I know some of the other cast members, such as Patricia Jai Lee, were harassed by the fans, and it led to her quitting acting and becoming a firefighter. While its sad she encountered that, I'm happy to know she's now a hero both on and off-screen.
Unfortunately yes. Both Paul and Jason would be having outtings with their own wives and kids and little kids would come up to them and keep calling them Bulk and Skull and make fun of them even when they pointed out that they were just actors and were trying to spend time with their families. Granted I'm guessing the harassment died down a lot if their having fun now with convention appearences.

Unfortunately yes. Both Paul and Jason would be having outtings with their own wives and kids and little kids would come up to them and keep calling them Bulk and Skull and make fun of them even when they pointed out that they were just actors and were trying to spend time with their families. Granted I'm guessing the harassment died down a lot if their having fun now with convention appearences.

That sucks. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Jason Narvy is now a theater professor at East Stroudsberg University.

Because I recently got into drawing with a mouse and a program called KolourPaint, which is an open-source equivalent to MS Paint, I was thinking about seeing how challenging it will be to draw the White Dino Thunder Ranger with Mezagog, Conner, Ethan, and Kira in the background

Last edited:
I was in my early twenties when that show came out. I did however have a MAJOR crush on the pink ranger Amy Jo Johnson. I remember reading once she likes having her feet tickled 🙂

I was in my early twenties when that show came out. I did however have a MAJOR crush on the pink ranger Amy Jo Johnson. I remember reading once she likes having her feet tickled 🙂

Because she's in her early to mid 50s, my attraction towards her diminished a few years ago

One of my fave stories to tell. When I was in high school, we had a substitute teacher who when he was in college was a stunt double on Power Rangers. One day he allowed us to ask questions about his time on the show.

All the boys wanted to ask about Amy Jo Johnson!

One of my fave stories to tell. When I was in high school, we had a substitute teacher who when he was in college was a stunt double on Power Rangers. One day he allowed us to ask questions about his time on the show.

All the boys wanted to ask about Amy Jo Johnson!
Did he show pictures or videos of himself behind the scenes?

Did he show pictures or videos of himself behind the scenes?
If he did, he did not show it to my class. I want to say our senior year book has one BTS pic of him but id have to dig that up and find it.

Interesting facts about Amy Jo Johnson especially #19

Attachments

• IMG_0477.png
    IMG_0477.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
While I was posting stuff I'm selling on Craigslist just now, I was listening to the MMPR soundtrack, as well as Ron Wasserman's score from Shattered Grid. I love how Shattered Grid's existence is a result of the franchise maturing and reinventing itself over the years. Not only that, but we as fans have kept the franchise alive by sharing our love for it. :D

@luvgirlsfeet You'll love this. Even though it's rare to see female rangers in their socks, here's a picture of Brittany Anne Pirtle from Samurai in hers, as well as a picture of her in a bikini. I'd LOVE to know if she's ticklish. :love:

Attachments

• Brittany Anne Pirtle in socks.png
    Brittany Anne Pirtle in socks.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • brittany-anne-pirtle-bring-it-on-2.jpg
    brittany-anne-pirtle-bring-it-on-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back