• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who is/isn't able to PC in the new chat room?

TicklingDuo

3rd Level Yellow Feather
NO...I'm not asking who has permission to. ;)

I was just in the chat room and someone was trying to PC. She could receive them, but not send them. She's on Windows XP and AOL. I know the XP isn't a problem. I was wondering if AOL might be. Maybe some trials by members and the posting of results would help point to possible solutions?

Just a thought.

Ann

Folks, please respond to this post. We already know that the chat runs erratically on MacOS. To find out where the problems lie, we need as much info as we can get about different systems and browsers.

Thanks for bringing the issue up, Ann.

double-edged sword, here.

The chat looks like it's using AWT (kinda like the old chat, but since Swing can mimic the AWT who knows) - on Mac OS 9 the Java VM only supports up to Java 1.1, which means AWT for display... but one of the reasons Swing was invented was that AWT was flaky across platforms. Only problem is, Swing is part of Java 1.2 and higher, which is only supported on Mac OSX. There is a Swing package available for Java 1.1 on the Mac, but still.

anyway, all of that is moot if the browsers have updated VMs - my experience with Java on the Mac is limited but the above is what I learned researching platform issues for a class I'm currently teaching. May help, may not. Do with it as you will.:cool:

That's a good edge, Phineas. Thanks! I'm pretty certain this applet uses Swing, but I wouldn't put it beyond the programmers to use both. Anyway, it runs flakey on MacOSX as well, which would point to AWT, or an unholy mixture of both. Or, as is still my suspicion, a lousy implementation of thread-calls.

(Oh no. I checked. It uses only AWT. Well, that explains a lot.)

Last edited:
I have yet to even get into the new chat room. I am registered, But I don't get the "enter chat room" when I go to the chat room forum.

Help.

I have not been able to get in all day today. Is the room working? The aplet will not load.

Jen

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back