• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Who's Your Hero?

goddess_nemesis

Verified
In honor of 'Superman Returns' hitting the big screen on Wednesday (and all superhero movies that came before it and will come after it), I thought it befitting to ask the question: Who's Your Hero?

My hero is my dad. He works hard to provide for his family, to give me and my brothers things he never had growing. He loves us, jokes around with us, makes our friends know they are always welcomed and that they have a place to stay if need be, and is always there when we need him.

i've said this many times before.. my dad is my hero, he showed me how to die with courage and dignity. i only hope when my time comes, i do half as well..

also through all the things that happened to myself, my husband is my hero, for standing by me and keeping me strong.

ticklingnemesis said:
In honor of 'Superman Returns' hitting the big screen on Wednesday (and all superhero movies that came before it and will come after it), I thought it befitting to ask the question: Who's Your Hero?

My hero is my dad. He works hard to provide for his family, to give me and my brothers things he never had growing. He loves us, jokes around with us, makes our friends know they are always welcomed and that they have a place to stay if need be, and is always there when we need him.

I had in my teen years a poster of MMonroe, flanked by another of FDR, and another of Bobby Kennedy. I still like them as my heroes.

my hero is my father first and foremost, with captain James T. Kirk running a close second. peace........BLUE_THUNDER

My dad...

Anybody who is tough enough to get on the gerny himself when he has a heart attack is about as tough as it gets. When he was younger (teens a guess) him and his friends lived on the Anglo side of Saint Clair (a street here in Toronto). Right on the otherside of Clidonia (the street he lived on) it was all Italian, back then the Anglos (aka Muncha Cakes) and the Italians (aka W.O.P.s) didn't get along and my dad and his 3 or 4 buddys would walk down the street pushing guys out of the way who were blocking up the side walk like they owned it.

My father is the toughest SOB I will ever know in my life, and not just because of the reason most people call a guy tough. Sure in the day he was a scrapper, but he is also a responsable and hard working man. He never walked out on his family, I don't even think the thought crossed his mined. Even after 4 or 5 heart attack he's had (I kid you not) he still got up and whent to work, and was a real man. If I could be half the man my father is, I would be 10 or 100 times the man I am.

I could use up ever bit of memory telling storys about my dad. He is everything a man should be. He isn't perfect, sometimes he can jump on me with out knowing all the fact, and he pushs me because he wants me to be better then him in life. Personaly I don't see how that is possible, how can you be better then a guy who is willing to put it all on the line for his familly. Thats what a heroe does... puts it all on the line for what he believes in most.

Who are my heroes? children who are battling cancer and other life threatening diseases.

I sat in amazement last week at the bedside of an 8 yr old girl suffering from acute myelogenous leukemia; a very aggressive childhood cancer. This brave little angel lay there.....IV's in her arm, being stuck with needles every hour(drawing blood), nauseated and weak from chemotherapy, and all of her beautiful hair gone (fell out due to the chemo.....not a hair on her head; she lay there smiling...so happy to see me. She didn't wince or start crying when the nurse drew blood or gave her a shot.....is the bravest little thing I've ever seen.

She's only 8 years old and seems to have complete peace....knows her odds of being alive in five years are only 50/50 (she knows more about leukemia and treatment options than I); doesn't lie there fretting about dying; instead plans to do the things she enjoys (swimming, playing with her friends and pets, visiting the beach) when she enters remission for as long as possible. She told a nurse "I'd love to be a doctor when I grow up.....IF I live long enough to grow up" (both the nurse and I choked back tears; her mom had to leave the room before she began sobbing :(

This precious child is only in the third grade, and yet there's no doubt she's handling the pain of her disease and treatment and the possibility of dying from leukemia far better than I could; better than several adults I've known who suffered and/ or died from cancer. She's my hero and inspiration....as is every single little angel like her who's fighting so hard to stay alive, and doing so with a courage and inner strength which is inspiring to witness :)

Last edited:
Red Skelton will forevermore be one of my greatest heroes. he was hilarious without the use of crudeness and vulgarity. he truly cared for others, and always ended his time on stage with a heartfelt farewell. truly a clown among clowns.
Rest in Peace, Red.

My dad is my hero. For continuing on as strong as he has since my mothers passing in June 1997 he has never missed a beat. He was the best man at my wedding in 2001 and gave my sister away at her wedding in 2004. He has quit smoking after 30+ years as well has continued to live in and improve the house he and my mom bought together and raised myself my younger brother and sister in. My dad turned 60 years old on May 31, 2006 and has the strenght and courage to go on for many more....You're the best dad thank you :cool2:

Charles Barkley

"I'm not paid to be a role model, parents should be role models"

"Just because you say something doesn't make it controversial, and it doesn't make you a bad person. We're not all supposed to think alike."

What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back