• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Why do some people become less ticklish as they get older?

TicklingIsLife

3rd Level Orange Feather
I used to be ticklish when I was younger. Now nothing. What's wrong with me. What causes this? Is there any way to reverse it?

Could be a psychological thing. I know some people who were super ticklish as kids, but found it so disturbing as they got older that they ceased to be ticklish.

I was very ticklish as a kid. As I got older and started playing, I seem to have lost some of it. I've been a lee for over an hour. Yes i was laughing the whole time but haven't met anyone who could break me.

I feel as we grow older we tend to " forget " our ticklishness. We have to remember our inner child and recount the feeling of being tickled.

I used to be ticklish when I was younger. Now nothing. What's wrong with me. What causes this? Is there any way to reverse it?

Actually it is a number of things. as you get older your nerves deteriorate naturally, exposure to the UV radiation and such damages the nerve endings at the skin level diminishing tactile feeling and response, and as we get older we mature and have better control of our feelings and reactions so we can block out alot of it. But places like the feet over the years of constantly walking on them deaden the nerve endings some from the constant pressure of just walking. You can still be extremely ticklish but you are actually less ticklish then when you were younger... welcome to the human condition.

Last edited:
im less ticklish too, altho, i seem to have brought it back out ofmyself out of pure will :D

Combination of toughened skin and improved control.

Although like Hari, when I'm with the suitable ler, I'm quite willing to surrender a lot of that self-control :)

Although like Hari, when I'm with the suitable ler, I'm quite willing to surrender a lot of that self-control :)

Have you noticed how hard it is to reverse that with the ler in question once its done?

I remember this girl that ler`d for me quite abit, and at first it was a walk in the park, once I opened up to her there was no turning back :D

Dam!! (I thought to myself) as I lay there squirming about :p

I'd say this could apply to me as well. I've dulled out of it in general, so who knows. Not that it bothers me too much. :cheesy:

ALL diabetics will experience SOME degree of peropheral neuropathy too

I have definitely gotten less ticklish with age. My upper body is slowly but surely losing all ticklish sensation. Under arms, stomach ribs -- places that used to be hyper ticklish five years ago are now becoming very lightly ticklish with my underarms barely reacting to that sensation at all.

Truly it depends on the tickler, but I am finding more and more that it's dying. However! New places are springing up. The back of my knees, a place I never was very squirmy about, has become one of my weakest points. My feet also seem to be compensating for all that my upper body lost.

So there's still hope. :D

I am another who is more ticklish. Part of that may that I was not tickled in some of my very ticklish areas until I was older. I suppose that I will eventually lose ticklishness as part of the aging process but I know some elderly people are still quite ticklish

Huh. I totally thought all of that was BS, but, ikaiyoo kinda shut that whole mentality down.

Randomness but I'm someone who recently discovered they've lost some ticklishness. My sides, underarms and feet are no longer ticklish. But my stomach has gotten more ticklish.

desensitization

it can go back and forth however!
i am now more ticklish than ever.
my wife has gotten to know me well over the years, and when in the mood can destroy me in no time. lately though we have both noticed i am more sensitive, and react strongly, and can not hold in the laughter.
god i love it!
i hope you get your senstivity back. you can try hypnosis.

steve

As one of the oldest people here (not to scare you) your sense of hearing dulls, your eyesight dims; it's only logical that your sensitivity to touch would diminish as well.

But there are compensations! Ask me later!

I can say that this is not true for me...I've not lost any ticklishness at all. I'm just as ticklish now as I ever have been. The same is true for my mother, who swears she's more ticklish now than she used to be.

OK people... Lets reel it back in.

The only way hypnosis is going to help tickling is if you are trying to tickle someone who had a traumatic event in their life with it and have repressed shit in their head and has anxiety from being tickled and then using hypnotherapy that could help work through something like that... Which isnt making someone more ticklish.

AND FOR THE RECORD:

There also is no tickling pill, spray, ray, drink, wand, spell, you have seen in tickling artwork or read in a story that makes you more ticklish either.

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back