• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Will Emmitt Break It?

ForgottenTcklr

4th Level Red Feather
So, do you guys think that Emmitt Smith will break the Rushing Yards Record help by Walter Payton this Sunday when they host Seattle. Seattle is terrible so I think it can be done, but 93 yards is a substancial ammount for one game... unless you're Priest Holmes.

he probably will, but i wont care. i never liked Emmitt Smith. if it wasnt for that O-line he had, he would have put up average numbers... why did Barry Sanders have to retire????

Yea!

He will. If not, then he will at the next game. Either way Emmit is the best.

ForgottenTcklr said:
So, do you guys think that Emmitt Smith will break the Rushing Yards Record help by Walter Payton this Sunday when they host Seattle.

I do. No doubt the team knows about the record, so the QB will give the ball to Smith every chance he gets. I'm not a fan of him or football (except when the Super Bowl arrives :p) but I'll be rooting for Emmitt nonetheless. :) Then he'll be able to retire. Too bad his team sucks now! :D

Yep, I agree. They are playing the Seahawks who are giving up an average of over 100 rushing yrds. per game!

Not a Cowboys fan, but I also will be rooting him.

I mean Rice already broke Payton's other record earlier this season.

GOT RICE?

Smith would have had half that many yards if played for the Bears temas that Payton played for. Yes, they have similar yards per game, but they played on completely different teams. Next to OJ Simpson I'm willing to bet that Payton's teams had the worst record of any team that produced a 10,000+ yard rusher. Plus Smith never had to worry about the opposing defense keying only on him the entire game for season after season because the cowboys had other threats in their passing game.

I just can't stand the thought of him breaking that record and standing there smiling and talking about how hard it was when a guy like Payton never wanted the spot light, did his job, and was successful despite the odds stacked against him, only to have his post-football life shortened by a terrible illness. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

~ toyou

Unfortunately,

That is a fact that is not brought up as much...

And the strength of the offensive line will not go down into the record books... it's just the numbers.

So in twenty years most will have forgotten the ideas of who had a stronger O line!

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

AND THE WINNER IS...... EMMITT SMITH!

It was nice to see Walter Payton's family supporting Emmitt!

Yep,

I mean I do kinda feel sorry for them sometimes for a second or two... then I realize that it's the Dallas Cowboys I'm thinking about!

Bah

You guys are quick to forget that the Cowboys were once the greatest team in the history of the NFL.

And the keyword there, Krokus, is WERE. :D

P.S. Nice sig, dude. :)

I do believe he will break the record today (looking all innocent like the record was'nt already broken earlier today)....yes..i think he will. :D

I don't think the Cowboy's of the mid-90's are the best team of all time. I think ten-thirteen years ago's 49'ers or twenty years ago's Bears, or many other top-quality team.

But the mid-90's Cowboys were good!

Poor Michael Irvin...

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back