• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Will you take any special precautions Sunday?

Bugman

Verified
Sunday is of course the anniversary of 9-11. Anyone working in public transportation will be in a state of heightened alert I'm sure, but beyond any memorial services in Austin I imagine it will be a routine day here.

The FBI is checking.......................................... .......

all of the small rental airports.

You can cause damage with a Piper Cub by placing chemicals or explosives in them.

I don't think I'll be doing anything out of the ordinary, besides keeping an extra eye on the news reports. I think there will be an increased level of scrutiny and security, so I'm hoping we'll be OK

I'm going to sneak up behind a Muslim in some public place and yell "HE'S GOT A BOMB" and watch what happens. :popcorn:

I don't know about this year and since it's a Sunday, I don't know how many folks will be traveling, but I flew out on 9/11 in 2002. The local airport (CVG) and Hartford's airport were both deserted. Superstition maybe.

I don't know about this year and since it's a Sunday, I don't know how many folks will be traveling, but I flew out on 9/11 in 2002. The local airport (CVG) and Hartford's airport were both deserted. Superstition maybe.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever take a flight on 9/11. I'd freak myself out.

Three years ago I had to fly on 9/11 from CLE to San Jose, via Houston, jam backed flights on both legs of the trip. I even got to try out the super-duper high tech-x-ray-metal-detector machine that is supposed to take nakkid pixof you as you walk thru it. - Hell there was no wait in that line! {giggles} I am kinda of the opinion that 9/11 is the safest day of the year to travel. [knocking on wood] But I have my little superstitions that I employ when I have to go somewhere on that day. This year I will be on the road and driving going thru D.C., so it will be on my mind maybe a little be bit more because of the anniversary, but I won't stop me. [Warning here is the soapbox portion of my post] As I said the anniversary won't stop me, because if we stop traveling on 9/11 or stop being a nation of law but one of men [loves me the John Adams] then the terrorists win. [Ok soap box is put away, pulling out my new pair of sandals - giggles]

well i would not fly on that day!!
or if i need to it would be on EL AL!
because of their security

No, no special precautions. I will be attending a memorial service.

It's also the first Sunday of the NFL regular season. Is anyone headed to a game? I bet security will be tight.

No precautions...just staying at home on Sunday and having a "True Blood" season finale party with some friends from work :)

reading this has just made me think, maybe flights are cheeper for this reason!

I'm going to sneak up behind a Muslim in some public place and yell "HE'S GOT A BOMB" and watch what happens. :popcorn:

This made me laugh quite a bit... how sad :p

There's really no special precautions I could take unless I just hide under my bed that day, but bills don't stop for terrorists so I gotta go to work.

No special precautions. I will remember the fallen heroes and the many innocent people who died that day. I have been watching specials all week and got choked up a few times. I'll never forget that day and I'm sure most people who were old enough to understand the world post 9/11 would never be the same. Most of the day I will be watching football and their remembrances.

There's been quite a few anniversaries of 9/11 and nothing has happened. Why would this one be any different?

My special precautions?

I intend to avoid all mass media this Sunday. Not that I think the attacks of 10 years ago were trivial. They were the epitome of not-trivial. I just want to hear, read or watch something other than the inevitable hurricane of theatrical sentimentality and brainless flag-waving, blown at us with category-5 force as only the mainstream news media know how to do. It's an insult to my intelligence and a slap in the face to the friends and families of the victims, one of whom was an old classmate of mine.

And I've watched those replays of the planes hitting the towers and of the towers collapsing a zillion times. Enough is enough.

Pardon my soap-boxery, but there are still a lot of unsavory people out there taking unfair advantage of our losses for financial and political gain.

I'll be going to the Pentagon with my fraternity for the candlelight vigil. No extra precautions taken by me. I don't plan on sacrificing any freedom in the name of security.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back