• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst Hit Song Ever?

dreamboy

TMF Regular
Blender magazine(the May issue) has just compiled a list of the 100 Worst Hit Songs Ever to ever come out. Topping their chart is "We built this city" by Starship. The top 5 also include:
"Achy Breaky Heart", by Billy Ray Cyrus
"Everybody Have Fun Tonight", by Wang Chung
"Rollin'", by Limp Bizkit
"Ice Ice Baby", by Vanilla Ice
Yes, the Beatles and even Simon & Garfunkle made the list (can you believe it ?? :sowrong: )
If you were going to complete this list, what songs would you include in the Worst Hit Song Ever list?

Last edited:
Well I agree with Achy Breaky Heart, for one, but the other 4 would have to be:
1)Dancing Queen ~ Abba (sorry but it just annoys me)
2)That song by the New Radicals
3)MMMBop ~ Hansen
4)Oops I did It Again ~ Britney Spears

"I got my mind set on you" by George Harrison. Man, does that song ever suck!

"Springtime of my life (is that it?)" by the Bangles was really bad too.

pretty much any song by britney

BBE i think the title was "Hazy Shade of Winter" by the Bangles

"We Built This City" is a good choice for worst hit song of all time.

So is:

"Mr. Roboto" by Styx
"Tainted Love" by Soft Cell
"American Pie" by Don Mclean
"My Heart Goes on" by Celine Dion
"Footloose" by Kenny Loggins

Very, very bad :sowrong: :sowrong: was:

"Get Out of My Dreams, Get Into My Car"

But even worse :sowrong: :sowrong: :sowrong: was:

"Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I've Got Love In My Tummy"

:D

Anything by Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, Creed, Kelly Osbourne, Jesse Camp, etc.... There are way too many to name, but I have a special kind of hatred reserved for the EXTREMELY annoying "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. What a trite piece of Christian Rock shit!... This kind of stuff only sells because of its religious affiliations....

I've said it before and I'll say it again......
anything by Stevie Wonder ...

Cotton Eye Joe was on the list...I think that ot dosent belong on the list, there must have been something eons more deserving than it

Waaayyyyy off topic, forgive me, but I had no other way to speak to the Mods so I'm doin it here... sorry.

Keep AffectionateDan in mind as a moderator for any of the TMF boards if the need for a new moderator ever arises.

ok done now.... thanks for listening.

Well I must highly disagree with a few of the tracks listed by Styx (that is a great and creative concept LP...if ya dont know the LP and story thats why it may seem dumb as a single), George Harrison (very pop but it's pure Jeff Lynne so, not bad) and Wang Chung (club classic in the 80s). Now my cast for worst ever? My list would be too damn long so I'll just put it this way..mainly anything thats came out from the early 90s - today in the rap, alternative, hip hop and teenie pop (aka girl/boy band shit) field of music. If I could..id build a time machine and go back to the late 70s and live from there to the early 90s all over again:D

I forgot to add:

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by Culture Club
"Come on Eilleen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

Drew

Anything by the Talking Heads. In particular, the song "Once in a Lifetime." Once again, I'm not sure if that's the title. But I'm sure you can pick it out. That song is enough to make your rip your radio from your dash.

Anything by the "Bare Naked Ladies." They really thought they were being cute by picking that name, but they shoud've concerned themselves with making better music. There's a DJ around here who just loves to say "and coming up is a song from the Bare Naked Ladies!" That DJ sucks and so does the band.

Nearly anything from the B52s, although I liked the song "Good Stuff." That song has a reference to something we all hold near and dear.

Gee, I like virtually every song listed here!

But, as a former DJ, may I add the single worst song EVER to forced upon the unsuspecting public?

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

Dear LORD I hated playing that song!

As to you George Harrison bashers :p check out the Weird Al Parody that says it best "This Song is Just Six words long" LOL

~ toyou

Come on Drew, Mr. Roboto was a classic

ok, here is my list:
Dancing Queen by ABBA (I agree smurfie it is very annoying)
anything by Britney Spears/boy bands
Don't worry be happy by Bobby Mcferrin
Save me by Evanescence (only because they play it to death)

and Mr. MacPhisto, Creed rules!!!

Not even "Isn't She Lovely?"

TKpervert said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again......
anything by Stevie Wonder ...

Hi pervert,

Normally I don't questions other's opinions, we;re all wonderfully different; but this knocked me over. Do me a favor, email me at [email protected] or PM me and tell me what you dislike about Stevie Wonder. The man was a God when I was growing up in the '70's and '80's in NYC; I've never heard anyone say they didn't like *any* of his work over the last 40 yrs, and I'd honestly like to hear what you have to say :cool:. Don't worry, I won't argue with you a bit; just want to hear your POV. Thanks!

Bella

Oh god... c'mon man... Creed is a rip off of Pearl Jam. (Granted, Pearl Jam sucks now too... Everything after Vitalogy has just been awful.)

I like Stevie wonder too--was less offensive than anything by lame- ass boy bands like 98 degrees and IN STINK (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose!):rolleyes:

XOXO

MrMacphisto said:
Oh god... c'mon man... Creed is a rip off of Pearl Jam. (Granted, Pearl Jam sucks now too... Everything after Vitalogy has just been awful.)

LOL LOL..all poor excuses for rock (aka alternative) from the early 90s to now is a Pearl Jam or Green Dick (oops i mean day) rip off..the Pearl Jam voice i've dubbed as the Luciano Pavarotti on crack voice..am I wrong?:rolleyes:

We Are The World.
God Bless the USA.
I'll Be There For You (Friends)
Any song by Adam Sandler.

The Sean Man

Sean... I'm glad you mentioned God Bless the USA... Don't you hate it when a song sells itself with patriotism and/or religion to make up for a lack of talent? It's the biggest fucking cop-out. Let's add the oh-so-annoying "Proud to be an American" to that list as well. Lee Greenwood can kiss my ass....

Valley Girl by Frank and Moon Unit Zappa What really used to iratate me was when the high school girls in PA tried to talk in that irratating way the valley girls did:mad:

MrMacphisto said:

Hey, man, Weathered was a great CD. Honestly, I think Creed is better than Pearl Jam to tell you the truth

And nothing wrong with singing songs of patriotism. Nothing like lovin' USA!!!

I don't know if it was the video for "Mr. Roboto" that just got on my nerves.....the one with the dancing robots......or Dennis DeYoung's ridicoulous scream halfway thru after singing "Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto..."

Did I actually just write that??

Drew

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back