• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Worst TV series finales.

Bugman

Verified
My top two have to be M*A*S*H and Seinfeld. In both cases the writers and producers tried too hard and gave birth to spectacular, embarrassing failures. All In The Family is another example. This show lived long past its expiration date. I know these examples are old but so am I. :p

Struggling to think of any myself, but I think some people weren't too happy with the way The Sopranos ended. Mainly cos of the ambiguity of the final scene, I think.

I was a big fan of Who's the Boss?, but I didn't like the way it ended. Tony and Angela were engaged. Tony got a job in as a teacher and baseball coach in Iowa, and Angela didn't like living in Iowa. Angela moved back to Connecticut, and I think called of their engagement. But Tony missed her and he came back to Connecticut, and was going to be Angela's housekeeper again. I feel they could handled it differently. Tony could have gotten at his alma mater, which I think was Richmont College. Or he could have gotten a job at Yale or some other local college. Then Tony and Angela done their job, lived in Angela house and gotten married. They could have hired a new housekeeper, since Tony had a full time job. Plus Samantha was married and Jonathan could have taken care of himself.

Bugman, when I first saw the Seinfeld finale, I thought the same too. However, after rewatching the series several times over and then finale as well, I think the finale was actually poetic justice for the main characters.

Think about all their actions during the series: awful, selfish characters who would ruin other people's lives with their impulsive, careless behavior, often in comical fashion. The main characters would almost never suffer long term consequences for their actions. Wheelchair lady, Susan's death, the bra-less wonder, Abu and the immigration debacle, just to name a few.

The ending of the series delivers that irony right back to Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer. They are getting what they deserved for so long. To be removed from society for being such awful people. I thought it was hilarious.

Could the ending have been better? Absolutely. But I don't know how you would end such a fantastic show that was so hilarious, despite the fact that NOTHING ever happened in every episode, as that was its premise lol.

Bugman, when I first saw the Seinfeld finale, I thought the same too. However, after rewatching the series several times over and then finale as well, I think the finale was actually poetic justice for the main characters.

Think about all their actions during the series: awful, selfish characters who would ruin other people's lives with their impulsive, careless behavior, often in comical fashion. The main characters would almost never suffer long term consequences for their actions. Wheelchair lady, Susan's death, the bra-less wonder, Abu and the immigration debacle, just to name a few.

The ending of the series delivers that irony right back to Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer. They are getting what they deserved for so long. To be removed from society for being such awful people. I thought it was hilarious.

Could the ending have been better? Absolutely. But I don't know how you would end such a fantastic show that was so hilarious, despite the fact that NOTHING ever happened in every episode, as that was its premise lol.

Have to admit I never though about it like that. Still, I find it unsatisfying. We can agree to disagree about that. :)

Dexter’s ending was a bit disappointing in my opinion.

LOST’s finale was.... let’s just say they LOST me...

And (y’all don’t laugh) Pretty Little Liars had the worst finale of all time! Not that it was the best show to begin with, but still! :bwahaha:

Beauty and the Beast had the absolute worst ending possible I think.

Lost got so convoluted and complicated that they had a hard time putting any of the series together in the series finale.

Seinfield's ending may have been poginant and just but it wasn't funny and the series was all about how these four hilariously selfish people wreck the lives of others around them so, yeah, kind of a let down there.

As for M.A.S.H., I feel the ending was evident of the horrors of war. It had a lot of funny moments, too many I feel and people started to feel like that the series was a sitcom when in fact they were telling a story of humans put into the gruesome job of stitching soldiers back together so they can go out and kill the enemy again. I feel M.A.S.H. should have had some humor but the sad tragic moments where what gave it life. It was after all, about a emergency medical unit in the middle of one of the worst wars America ever fought.

Angel (that spinoff series they made for Buffy the Vampire Slayer)….worst finale ever.

The original Dallas TV series.

I loved the original series, watched every episode of it, including the first two seasons in syndication that I had missed when I was a child.

If anyone remembers the finale.

They came up with a scenario of what the family would have been like, had JR never existed. How things/characters would have been different.

At the end of the show, a shot was heard, and Bobby Ewing entered JR's room, and said. "Oh, My God!"

Five years later, in a reunion movie, it was learned that JR had shot a mirror, and not himself.

I think a better finale for Dallas, would have been to somehow show JR how his actions hurt his family, and others.

To attempt to play on his conscience, so to speak. (If he had one)

That's my worst TV Series Finale choice.

Worst series finale in my opinion was for an underappreciated series that should have ran at least two more seasons: Star Trek: Enterprise.

You couldn't have had an uglier ending than having Commander Riker in an ill-fitting TNG suit interact with...A HOLODECK PROGRAM of Captain Archer and his crew during the inauguration of the Federation. Killing off one the show's most popular characters was another misfire. The cast of the show were very angry with the way the series ended, including Jolene Blalock, who played Sub-Commander T'Pol.

This show was also going to feature the origin of the Borg Queen, as Alice Krige was to reprise the role before she was assimilated.

Now Star Trek is a rolling joke. The alternative timeline is a fail. The new show's Klingons look like this...
il_fullxfull.821282244_tdma_grande.jpg

What's New

5/10/2024
Our Welcome forum has a place for you to introduce yourself. Say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back