• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Younger or older?

RUNOFFSTAGE

4th Level Red Feather
When you're young, you always (many people, at least) want to come across as older and more mature
than you perhaps are. When you have finally reached the age you wanted from the beginning,
you want people to think that you are younger than you really are. Some take it as an
insult, even, when people guess that you are, for example, five years older than you really are.

At what age does that change? I know, some of you may be perfectly fine with how old you are,
and that's good. But is there, theoretically, a certain time in life when you want to be younger instead of older?

(sorry about the confusing post, btw xD)

Its different for everyone ide imagine. For me, im 22, and already partly wish I could re-live my late teens, People often mistake me for being abit younger than I am when they see me, but older than I am if theyve only talked to me. Im niether insulted nor flattered by these instances.

I always wanted to be 18, and when I reached that, I wanted to to be 25, and currently, I still DO wanna reach 25, but only cus car insurance will be significantly cheaper and I can start to think about moving out etc. When I reach 25, I cant think of anything else to gain by ageing. Letting go of my teens was hard, letting go of my 20`s and hitting the age of 30 doesnt sound like much fun either, but thats life :)

You tend to want to be older so you can do things that you cannot at a younger age, same goes for wanting to be younger.

To answer your question Ide estimate somewhere between the age of 25-30 as an average.

Hari

I don't think there's an age where you go from wanting to be perceived as older to wanting to be perceived as younger. It's all about your own neuroses and emotional crap and whatnot. I think when you're a kid you want to be older so's you can have some influence on your own life without other people dictating to you how it is and how it's going to be, and when you're older you want to be young again because you suddenly realise how precious your youth was and how badly you wasted it on being boring. Either that, or some people want to be perceived as younger because they're afraid of their own mortality. To these people I would offer the following advice; read The Book Of The Five Rings, take up Buddhism, and accept the fact that you are middle-aged.

People tend to assume I'm older than I am (21). I am perfectly fine with growing older, my age isn't what defines me.

People already think I'm 18 when they look at me so I don't really have much to worry about in that regard...

I always love how Adam 'Lakers' Carolla puts it:

Remember when you were like 8-10 years old and you thought grown ups were smart and knew everything... and then you grew up and figured out that it's not true?:manicd:

I don't try to act younger or older, I just act like myself, no matter what. What that means (or age I come across as) I have no clue, but that's what it is.

And I don't think I'd like to be younger than older... even though it is/was a blast to be a clueless kid without a care in the world. I prefer to 'progress' in some fashion, if possible.

Interesting Q

When I was younger (teens) I looked older than I was, which of course at that age I thought was great :D

Now I'm older, people that meet me usually think I'm a bit younger than I am, which of course makes me happy.

I'm not sure if I'd like to be younger now, I've learned a lot about life and about myself in general as I've got older. I'm older in years but I still act like a silly sod and I hope that never changes.

I think the only time I'd love to be younger was if I got a serious illness and maybe being younger, I'd have more of a chance at a good recovery. Oh and the fact that my inner clock is ticking louder and louder, wish I had a few extra years for that :)

There is no certain age it happens sweetie. I think it's just each person's own mindset that makes them want something or another. I remember being in high school and just wanting to be 21 like everyone else because then you are an "adult". Now I realize it really didn't do that much more for me than 18 and "some" people never really become an adult, regardless of how long they've been alive. :jester: Age is just a number. You are as young or old as you feel. Live life, do what makes you happy, and have fun!

Once I turn 21 I don't want to get any older hahahaa. Yay! Next July!

For some reason, a lot of people say 32 is the ideal age.

It's kind of hard to gauge something like this until you've already passed what your ideal age ends up being.

I'm only 29, so things are still feeling somewhat ideal for me right now.

But is there, theoretically, a certain time in life when you want to be younger instead of older?

ah well another good question by the great Swedishlee :)

There is no ideal age, actually i mean when you feel kinda mature and stuff ( you can be adult of age, but have a mentality of a teen ! reminder ;) ) you appreciate it, and are happy to have been through life so far.

but i guess, you want to be younger when you're beginning to be "very" old and feel it > over 60-70's, and i don't imagine myself being that old and say : wow it's great !

"Time is abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitot their own decay."
-Thundercles

But seriously, I am looking for that special someone. I would prefer they be more emotionally mature, but I'm not picky. I don't care how old or young she is as long as we connect. But I do have an age limit. If she is closer to my Mom's age than mine: No! If she is closer to my adopted sisters age than mine: NO!

I'm in my friggin' late thirties and I still get carded at liquor stores...I can't wait until I'm old and decrepit, toothless and sitting on my front porch tellin' them young folk to get off my lawn or I'm callin' the cops!!! Old people have all the perks, like having time to enjoy crossword puzzles and banana bread, I'm bloody well jealous :ranty:.

I'm in my friggin' late thirties and I still get carded at liquor stores...I can't wait until I'm old and decrepit, toothless and sitting on my front porch tellin' them young folk to get off my lawn or I'm callin' the cops!!! Old people have all the perks, like having time to enjoy crossword puzzles and banana bread, I'm bloody well jealous :ranty:.

Lol, but banana bread is killer!

It's a good question, I think. Like many 18 year olds I liked older woman, at 16 my gf was a senior, she drove, at 20 we reconvened had kids and married. In the middle though, at 18-19, I dated 28-30 year olds. At 30 I dated 40, I was 'single dad' then, and now at 42 I think 33 is the perfect age, lol. But I have dated older and younger in my 40's. It's not about the older/younger thing anymore. It's about staying with them for 10 hours and not running out of things to talk about, not easy, and that can be any age from 33ish to 50! So, to me we change as we age, the person herself takes precedence over any idealistic age we may perceive.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back