• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Is a Private Club for this Community possible in the U.S?

CapturedDoll

Verified
I know a lot of people have thought about it. But after the sale of my condo I can conceivably do it. But I don't want to take the dive yet if there are other ways I need to be looking at this. I've technically run my own business from home but this is different. We're talking about renting space. Hiring people. Paperwork. etc etc. And the public.

Now I will say upfront I mean it when I say I want only people into Tickling coming to this club. ANd that will probably hurt me financially. But... maybe with the right location thats accessible to everyone. (Say right in the middle of the U.S)or Idk...) and get investors. Or Patreon it. Or Private memberships. Could this happen? Is it a realistic dream I should follow?

I have no idea what I'm doing. And the laws etc about even owning such a club. But I'm willing to take the dive is I meet the right people or this is feesible on a scale I can handle to try at least for a few months. ANd not go broke. I think I'd need investors. With people with experience in these matters.

So what do you think? Ideas, thoughts, suggestions appreciated. :)

Oh and it should go without saying this will absolutely be LGBTQIA+ friendly. :)

Btw I will get into some of my ideas tomorrow for it.Its really late now.

Last edited:
I´m really not experienced with running a business even SIMILAR to that. The idea is amazing of course - we have been friends for a VERY long time and LAST thing I´d want for you is ruining yourself for an idea that fails. You are incredibly passionate about everything that has to do with tickling and its community and I highly appreciate what you did for it so far! In case you REALLY start it up I wish you the best luck you EVER could have and all the support that you need!

I love your passion. If anyone could do it, it is you.
There is a club in Dallas that played with the "tickle spa" idea. Maybe if you reached out to that owner and stress that you will not compete with her, she could give you some tips. You would need to welcome investors, but you might have to open before they will invest, show them something real.
If i had won a lottery, you would have your money.
Sorry i dont have much yet, but this needs planning. I will be back with more

I´m really not experienced with running a business even SIMILAR to that. The idea is amazing of course - we have been friends for a VERY long time and LAST thing I´d want for you is ruining yourself for an idea that fails. You are incredibly passionate about everything that has to do with tickling and its community and I highly appreciate what you did for it so far! In case you REALLY start it up I wish you the best luck you EVER could have and all the support that you need!

Thank you friend :)

I love your passion. If anyone could do it, it is you.
There is a club in Dallas that played with the "tickle spa" idea. Maybe if you reached out to that owner and stress that you will not compete with her, she could give you some tips. You would need to welcome investors, but you might have to open before they will invest, show them something real.
If i had won a lottery, you would have your money.
Sorry i dont have much yet, but this needs planning. I will be back with more

I really appreciate that kingp. :) I think my ideas are solid. And I might be able to open it without help. But yeah to continue it investors.

Yeah thats a really good idea. Ill think about that.

Yeah Ill probablyneed investors and it definetly needs planning. I had to make this thread so it could be discussed with everyone.

Hey Doll,

I think you’re really facing an uphill battle. Tickling is still a fringe kink (though not as much as people think), and 95% of mainstream small businesses fail in the first few years. Aside from the problem of raising startup capital, I’m not sure you could generate enough of a steady revenue stream to keep your place open. If you open it to the general public, you’d really be opening yourself up to a potential lawsuit and I’m not sure what kind of business license you’d need to operate such a place. All it takes would be one person to claim assault, or molestation, and you could be facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit that could cripple you and your employees. Also, I don’t know nor want to know if you filed taxes on your in-home business, but you should have by law, and running a public business would definitely require it. I’m not trying to be debbie downer, but I once searched for a long time for such a place and started to think about why it doesn’t exist, not even internationally. The only “tickle spas” around are essentially massage studios where the therapists tickle you lightly to make you feel giddy and whatnot. A place where people agree to be put in stocks or tied up and tortured, maybe even videoed is an entirely different thing. I’m not even remotely educated in the tickle community as far as conventions and gatherings, etc., but I do know about running a FT business open all year and it’s a difficult task. I would think it would only work in NYC, LA or Las Vegas. It would be fun to plan, though, and maybe it would becone feasible the more you think about it! I wish you all the luck in the world. Passion deserves reward!

Last edited:
Hey Doll,

I think you’re really facing an uphill battle. Tickling is still a fringe kink (though not as much as people think), and 95% of mainstream small businesses fail in the first few years. Aside from the problem of raising startup capital, I’m not sure you could generate enough of a steady revenue stream to keep your place open. If you open it to the general public, you’d really be opening yourself up to a potential lawsuit and I’m not sure what kind of business license you’d need to operate such a place. All it takes would be one person to claim assault, or molestation, and you could be facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit that could cripple you and your employees. Also, I don’t know nor want to know if you filed taxes on your in-home business, but you should have by law, and running a public business would definitely require it. I’m not trying to be debbie downer, but I once searched for a long time for such a place and started to think about why it doesn’t exist, not even internationally. The only “tickle spas” around are essentially massage studios where the therapists tickle you lightly to make you feel giddy and whatnot. A place where people agree to be put in stocks or tied up and tortured, maybe even videoed is an entirely different thing. I’m not even remotely educated in the tickle community as far as conventions and gatherings, etc., but I do know about running a FT business open all year and it’s a difficult task. It would be fun to plan, though, and maybe it would becone feasible the more you think about it! Good luck

Thank you I appreciate your input!

I have thought about lawsuits and such over molestation charges but I would have cameras in every room I think to make sure everyone was safe. And Id have a Bodyguard or retired Police Officer to work there.

I want this so badly for myself and this community.

As others noted, we aren't all that ubiquitous nationwide (in the US) and elsewhere. The first one would need to be in a densely populated city, e.g., NY, LA, Chicago, etc., then see if it catches on. Then you have the issue of public outing issues. I personally likely would not go for fear of being "exposed" to friends/family/society, as I remain closeted. It would need to be a very private club to attract the community, with discretion guaranteed.

As others noted, we aren't all that ubiquitous nationwide (in the US) and elsewhere. The first one would need to be in a densely populated city, e.g., NY, LA, Chicago, etc., then see if it catches on. Then you have the issue of public outing issues. I personally likely would not go for fear of being "exposed" to friends/family/society, as I remain closeted. It would need to be a very private club to attract the community, with discretion guaranteed.

I completely agree with you. I want the club to he a safe zone for us. Not to be outed.

I was also thinking right of the middle of the U.S doesn't make sense? In bigger cities I totaly get but buying property in a cheaper state could be key to keeping it open

This was talked about back in the early 2000’s but ever came of it. My thought is the first thing you need to do is develop a solid business plan and then meet with a lawyer who will tell you all the issues you may have is running a business like this. One of the things that was talked about when this came up before is the perception Kink associated with it and how do you get around that. So protect yourself and talk to a lawyer.
I love the idea and wish you the best of luck.
The Laugher

This was talked about back in the early 2000’s but ever came of it. My thought is the first thing you need to do is develop a solid business plan and then meet with a lawyer who will tell you all the issues you may have is running a business like this. One of the things that was talked about when this came up before is the perception Kink associated with it and how do you get around that. So protect yourself and talk to a lawyer.
I love the idea and wish you the best of luck.
The Laugher

Thank you! Yes talking to a lawyer is a great idea. Thank you!

I think you might need to consider the actual numbers here. Full disclosure, I'm still young and have yet to be in the position to run a business. But how are you charging? Entry/membership fees? And would those exact prices turn a profit considering the number of people attending? I'm not sure how many ticklephiles there are in the United States currently, but let's be generous (I think) and say there are presently 100,000 people in the US who either are tickle kinksters or could be persuaded to try it. Where are they distributed? How many could realistically afford to join a club like this, or physically get to it? And that's leaving out the good points made above. I don't think it's impossible but I'd try to run the numbers.

Yeah Ive been talking with people all day and already have great advice. Maybe this can't happen but Im going to find out. ANd if I cant do it Ill figure something out. Butt Im gonna try. :)

Love your idea doll.

Tickle fetch might be very regional. I heard it was 2nd most popular fetish here in Los Angeles right behind feet. That was from a radio show with lady Elizabeth formerly from passive arts studio. Now nor sure how that translates into locations across the US.

Might be you would need to concentrate in bigger cities.

I wish you a ton of luck. You passion is unparalleled hun. You are awesome.

I think it's a great idea, but for many of the reasons cited above, you wouldn't want to saddle yourself with the overheads and legal issues of a full-time space. It would not be financially viable at all, we don't have the numbers and are too spread out.

Just before the pandemic, Bella Carrera was running tickle parties here in LA under the name of 'Hollywood Tickling'. They were lots of fun, were slowly taking off, then gone of course Covid hit. But the head count was hardly large still.

A membership based group, with nights that rotate regularly around major cities in the country would be the best bet. Sort of like what Foot Night already does - a subscriber basis, with website , members section, added content, social media (maybe a private Discord or something) features, all details on meetups, models in attendance on play nights, rates, house rules.

Rent out friendly/discreet places with private play rooms etc.

That I think has been the closest model to what you want that has been done so far. You get all the benefits without overcommitting yourself financially. You'd just be shooting for it to break even/fund itself, which I think is achievable.

Best of luck either way!

Thank you everyone for your input. I think I talked to every under the sun about this. EXCEPT a special someone Im waiting to hear back from. I won't say who yet. But I think because of what the reality is of such a niche. Including for my own growth. I may go and study under someone first at a Dungeon. I'll write more soon after I talk to this person *ahem* LEGEND.

:)

I've been a business owner for a number of years. Both in the online sphere as well as my own physical storefronts. I have several thoughts on the matter.

There are quite a few ways to make money off of such an idea, but the big question is the overhead. How much would rent be per month, could you negotiate rent abaitment for a period? You would definitely need general liability insurance, and possibly another kind just in case (though these usually amount to only a couple g's a year depending)

Private membership vs public is definitely a consideration, perhaps, like some types of lounges, a public area and a private area, or even a secondary to the public business in one section that generates more revenue, and a lead into a paid for private area?

I am a member of several cigar lounges, who charge 600$ a year just for a locker membership to the place. I could see no issue with people into this type of thing paying similar or even higher rates to go to a physical place to partake of this type of activity. And then there are other ways to make money--merchanise, toys, making a rather large library of video clips you sell online, virtual memberships, etc.

I see PLENTY of potential revenue streams, but I also see a lot of work invovled in doing it. However, you are obviously exceedingly passionate about this, and that's what is needed in any business to make it work.

I'm going to be honest--most people who will reply here, who are not business owners are not going to give sound advice, many people will want this just because they want to attend, not thinking of the hard work that will be behind it. And others will be full blown pessiments and say they don't see the money in it because they aren't considering all the streams of income this has the potential for. It will be a full time commitment. But if you are willing to put that in, then you just need to weigh the math. Other than the rent, and utilities, you wouldn't have that big an overhead since it would be service related and not necessarily product related...so the question is can you sell enough memberships, or sessions each month to cover that nut. Can online sales virtual memberships etc, bring in enough to cover that as well?

Just some food for thought.

Part of it will also depend on location because sex clubs or 18 plus things require more licensing than other things.

I think people are also being rather silly when they say there aren't the numbers for this. That, or they are overestimate the number of people it would need. Membership models exist for this type of reason, again, cigar lounges like I cited function with only 80-100 members per year. And they don't have the luxury of selling a video library online to anyone anywhere as well. If this was opened up in a decently populated area or within driving distance for such, out of cities with millions of people, I don't think one would be hardpressed to find a hundred or two hundred people who are into tickling.

I've been a business owner for a number of years. Both in the online sphere as well as my own physical storefronts. I have several thoughts on the matter.

There are quite a few ways to make money off of such an idea, but the big question is the overhead. How much would rent be per month, could you negotiate rent abaitment for a period? You would definitely need general liability insurance, and possibly another kind just in case (though these usually amount to only a couple g's a year depending)

Private membership vs public is definitely a consideration, perhaps, like some types of lounges, a public area and a private area, or even a secondary to the public business in one section that generates more revenue, and a lead into a paid for private area?

I am a member of several cigar lounges, who charge 600$ a year just for a locker membership to the place. I could see no issue with people into this type of thing paying similar or even higher rates to go to a physical place to partake of this type of activity. And then there are other ways to make money--merchanise, toys, making a rather large library of video clips you sell online, virtual memberships, etc.

I see PLENTY of potential revenue streams, but I also see a lot of work invovled in doing it. However, you are obviously exceedingly passionate about this, and that's what is needed in any business to make it work.

I'm going to be honest--most people who will reply here, who are not business owners are not going to give sound advice, many people will want this just because they want to attend, not thinking of the hard work that will be behind it. And others will be full blown pessiments and say they don't see the money in it because they aren't considering all the streams of income this has the potential for. It will be a full time commitment. But if you are willing to put that in, then you just need to weigh the math. Other than the rent, and utilities, you wouldn't have that big an overhead since it would be service related and not necessarily product related...so the question is can you sell enough memberships, or sessions each month to cover that nut. Can online sales virtual memberships etc, bring in enough to cover that as well?

Just some food for thought.

Part of it will also depend on location because sex clubs or 18 plus things require more licensing than other things.

Thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it!!

I think people are also being rather silly when they say there aren't the numbers for this. That, or they are overestimate the number of people it would need. Membership models exist for this type of reason, again, cigar lounges like I cited function with only 80-100 members per year. And they don't have the luxury of selling a video library online to anyone anywhere as well. If this was opened up in a decently populated area or within driving distance for such, out of cities with millions of people, I don't think one would be hardpressed to find a hundred or two hundred people who are into tickling.

True!! :)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/26/2024
Visit Dorr 44 for clips! Details in the D44 box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back