• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Story Length

Alie112

TMF Poster
Hey there guys! I was just curious about how everyone feels about longer stories. I have a story in the works and I've started to get concerned about how long it's getting. Does everyone prefer to get the whole thing at once? Or is splitting it into multiple parts the preferred format for some? Any and all questions about the story are welcome.

People will consume it if it's good. Do what feels right to you :) People will read it, and many will enjoy it.

I think it's fine so far, I just want to know how everyone feels to give the best experience to the reader

Write what you want to write in however many words it takes. Especially if you are NOT being paid for said work.

Once you start to pander to what your audience wants, you stop being an artist, and become a hack. Which is perfectly okay when you are being paid for the work. But not when it's a product of your own passion.

Every reader will approach your work uniquely, and you cannot please all of them as reader A will want a hundred thousand words, and reader B will want Eight Thousand. Reader C wants to read a whole story while on the train to work, Reader D wants to enjoy a work over a week and a half before they go to bed at night. Reader E will just jump to the smutty parts skipping everything and go wank after one fast look.

You can't please them all. And if not being paid then you should be pleasing yourself.

Myriads

The length of the story should be as long as you like it to be. The sad fact of the matter, is that the tickling community is simply not big enough to support an author. It just isn't. So, don't write your stories for money. You won't get much. And don't write your stories for recognition. I'm sure you could get fans, but they will likely never to more than hundreds. Thousands at absolute most. Write the story you want to write, that makes you look back and be proud of what you wrote.

That said, as to the question of breaking then posts into parts, vs. one huge post, I would suggest posting in parts, spacing them out maybe a month a part. Too long a story will deter some people. By breaking it into parts, those who like smaller posts will be happy, and those who like longer posts will be interested in the next post.

The only thing I have against stories being posted in parts, is that half the time the author never follows up with the next part!

I only write about true experiences, but sometimes think I’m writing too much. However, I’m being true to how I write, and figure that if people are interested then they’ll stay with it. Plus, one person’s long story may be another’s short story. I think people will judge it on the content more than anything else.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, everybody,
SmashTV

Write what you want to write in however many words it takes. Especially if you are NOT being paid for said work.

Once you start to pander to what your audience wants, you stop being an artist, and become a hack. Which is perfectly okay when you are being paid for the work. But not when it's a product of your own passion.

Every reader will approach your work uniquely, and you cannot please all of them as reader A will want a hundred thousand words, and reader B will want Eight Thousand. Reader C wants to read a whole story while on the train to work, Reader D wants to enjoy a work over a week and a half before they go to bed at night. Reader E will just jump to the smutty parts skipping everything and go wank after one fast look.

You can't please them all. And if not being paid then you should be pleasing yourself.

Myriads

I agree with Myriads. When I was posting stories for free here, I just wrote what I was inspired to write. Sometimes it turned out long, over 50,000 words in the case of the longest.

Thanks guys, I'll consider splitting it up, while it takes a bit to get to the tickling it's pretty heavy on feet/humiliation content leading up to it

I've posted several long, multi-part tickling stories on the TMF. I'll echo several other commenters here and encourage you to (a) break your stories up; and (b) allow at least a little time to go by between posting parts. When I posted a REALLY long story here several years ago, I posted an installment about once a week, which I thought was just enough time that any one following the story wouldn't feel overwhelmed or conversely, lose the thread and forget about it. It seemed to work for me, to the extent that every installment always got at least few nice comments (publicly and privately) and a respectable number of "views" (I know that doesn't exactly mean readers). That "worked" for me. I know if it'll suit what you have in mind; just thought I'd offer it up. I'll also add that as a reader, I don't want to be asked "what do you want to see happen next?" I always think "you're the storyteller; you show me what happens next. I know what my own fantasies look like. I'm reading this to hear someone else's."

Yeah I wouldn't do that "what happens next" kind of thing, mostly because the suggestions are probably going to be 80% nylon/cuckold material

Well, as a writer that writes pretty much nothing but series for stories, I say make it as long as you want. Don't worry about if it is too long, or too short. There is a wide variety of stories on this forum. The most important thing is quality. You will always have those who rather have a quick action scene and that's it, then you have those readers who want an actual story to follow too. In other words, reading an actual story instead of a description of a tickling video.

Tastes vary, but write what you feel. If you have a story to tell, tell it the way you want to tell it. I will read whatever you write my friend.

I generally try and not make a tickle story too long. I know that for myself, I’m less likely to read something that is “too long”. I would break a long story into parts and place links at the beginning and at the end of a long post.

Primetime gets it and writes some damn good stuff to boot.

Thanks for the compliment! I try my best to entertain everyone and I am still creating more to my saga "Deputy's Universe".

Again to the OP, don't worry about length. Write what you feel. That's what makes a story good.

Hey there guys! I was just curious about how everyone feels about longer stories. I have a story in the works and I've started to get concerned about how long it's getting. Does everyone prefer to get the whole thing at once? Or is splitting it into multiple parts the preferred format for some? Any and all questions about the story are welcome.

I echo the collective statement that you should do what YOU want but I suppose it also depends on pacing, even something as simple as paragraphing can make a world of a difference. If you intend on creating a suspenseful tone where there’s a clear shift in action then I would suggest different chapters posted separately. Creating a sequel altogether also helps keep from the main plot shifting too frequently, but it’s all about how your work is received and where your intentions go from there. All in all I can confidently say that you’re a great writer who knows how to structure well and I wish you the best of luck

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back