• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A rant brought to you by the letters W, J and F....and by the number 4

Angel77

Level of Garnet Feather
I was watching a show not too long ago about how as a society, we are so "sue happy." Why has it come to this? People are suing fast food chains because they or their children have gained weight from eating too many Happy Meals (when I gain a few from eating too much fast food I simply don't buy fast food anymore - it's my decision on what to buy and put into my body so therefore that would be my fault, not Big Mac's - speaking of which, I should probably hit the gym :jester:), or how about people suing tobacco companies because they have gotten cancer. This one really pisses me off. When are we taught that smoking is bad? In elementary school at least or even before that. And once we're old enough to read, we can clearly see on the cig package that smoking causes cancer, among other things. Hey, I myself am a smoker and if I got cancer because of it, it's MY FAULT. It would be unfortunate but again, my fault. I chose to smoke. I know smoking is bad but I still light up. It doesn't take a freaking genius to know that you are responsible for what you do to you. Just like that whack job lady that successfully sued McDonald's for having hot coffee (that she very stupidly put between her legs and subsequently got burned). That case STILL pisses me off. She gets money because she's stupid??? I've heard of cases where people have sued owners of dogs after they have TRESPASSED into their yards with the dogs being tied up and they got bit - so they sue? Weren't they the ones trespassing? Ugh. Ok, I feel better now lol. In the meantime, enjoy some of the stupid cases and winners of the Stella Awards (an award for people that sue for stupid reasons). Shame on the judges or jury that awarded these people money. :sowrong: :banghead: :doh:
Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'! For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico , where she purchased coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right? That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy.

Here are the Stellas for the past year:

*SEVENTH PLACE*

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Start scratching!

* SIXTH PLACE *

Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Scratch some more....

* FIFTH PLACE *
Terrence Dickson, of Bristol, Pa., who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental anguish. Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We should all have this kind of anguish. Keep scratching. There are more.....

Double hand-scratching after this one.

*FOURTH PLACE*

Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Pick a new spot to scratch. You're getting a bald spot.

* THIRD PLACE *

Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pa., because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. Whatever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?

Only two more so ease up on the scratching.....

*SECOND PLACE*

Kara Walton, of Claymont , Del. , sued the owner of a nightclub in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the nightclub had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure..

OK. Here we go!!

* FIRST PLACE *

This year's runaway First-Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?
$1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Fifth place is hilarious! The guy got locked in the garage and had to survive for 8 days on pepsi and dry dog food!

These things always aggravate me. I don't understand the consept of awarding money to people how do stupid things. Really if you walk away from the wheel of a car while it is moving no shit you are probably going to crash. To me the more people win these types of law suits the more excuses we give idiots to do these things and think they can make a profit.

EDIT: Ok subtle posted as I was typing, but still. The McDonald's lady DID happen. So I still stick with this:

:facepalm: You know that movie with Clive Owen, Children of Men? After reading this I'm thinkin that wouldn't be such a bad thing to happen. Not the war and desolation part. The no breeding part. :D

Well, in the interest of maintaining everyone's sanity, I will go ahead and fire this torpedo:

http://www.stellaawards.com/bogus.html

the above stories are, thankfully, fabrications. :)

Absolutely but unfortunately there are stories just like these ones (some of them are real but they don't say which ones) out there that are not false. It's a scary world we live in lol.

I agree about the suing thing. We live in a time where a lot of people blame everyone but themselves. They do that with the school systems, too. It's ALWAYS the teacher's fault and never the parent or student's. :doh: A couple of disturbed boys go on a shooting spree at a high school? No, don't blame the boys or the parents...blame the VIDEOGAMES! Blame the MUSIC they were listening to!

Good Lord, what has this age come to?

I agree about the suing thing. We live in a time where a lot of people blame everyone but themselves. They do that with the school systems, too. It's ALWAYS the teacher's fault and never the parent or student's. :doh: A couple of disturbed boys go on a shooting spree at a high school? No, don't blame the boys or the parents...blame the VIDEOGAMES! Blame the MUSIC they were listening to!

Good Lord, what has this age come to?

I agree. If you sue because you got injured because of some faulty piece of equipment or some serious wrongdoing, ok, but to sue just to sue? People just don't take responsibility for their actions anymore.

Absolutely but unfortunately there are stories just like these ones (some of them are real but they don't say which ones) out there that are not false. It's a scary world we live in lol.

I completely agree. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to file suit against all the ticklish women of the world for all the emotional distress they cause me ;)

Didn't you know? If you're an idiot, it's not your problem and you're not responsible for your own actions. :)

Snail Shell

I completely agree. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to file suit against all the ticklish women of the world for all the emotional distress they cause me ;)

LMAO! You know, I wouldn't doubt that someone someday might pull that one. :jester:

We might have grounds for a class action lawsuit here. Count me in! ;)

We interupt your regularly scheduled text for this public service announcement:

Stupid People

New advances in medical and neurological science have helped us better understand the frighteningly common mental disorder known colloquially as "stupidity". A person suffering from stupidity may show symptoms of severely impaired judgement at all times, difficulty when faced with simple problem-solving tasks, general disorientation with immediate surroundings, wearing t-shirts with text reading "I'm with stupid --->" on the front or even the back and jumping in front or behind news reporters filming on location.

picture.php

Sufferers of stupidity are unable to control the inherent stupidity of their actions, being too stupid to realize whether or not they may be inappropriate, offensive or even unsafe. As such it is society's responsibility to ensure that stupid people are not allowed to find themselves in situations whereby they may cause harm to themselves or others as a result of their stupidity.

picture.php

However where safety is not an issue it is perfectly acceptable, and indeed encouraged to allow stupid people the pleasure of basking freely in their mental deficiency. It makes them happy and gives us all a good laugh.

picture.php

It should also be noted that stupid people are certainly not without use. As with any handicap, stupidity can be overcome to the point that the sufferer can continue being a happy, productive member of society. Jobs that stupid people might enjoy include professional sports,

picture.php

public transport logistics management,

picture.php

television and entertainment,

picture.php

and military torpedo loading.

picture.php

By properly understanding the stupid person and allowing society to adapt to the occasional "episode", we can all live in a happier, stupider world.

Thank you. And now back to your daily dose of sanity.

LMAO! :popcorn:

Well then, how about for us lee's.......the torture we must endure!? The forced laughter?! Surely we should get some money for that? :jester:

Stupid People

New advances in medical and neurological science have helped us better understand the frighteningly common mental disorder known colloquially as "stupidity". A person suffering from stupidity may show symptoms of severely impaired judgement at all times, difficulty when faced with simple problem-solving tasks, general disorientation with immediate surroundings, wearing t-shirts with text reading "I'm with stupid --->" on the front or even the back and jumping in front or behind news reporters filming on location.

picture.php

Sufferers of stupidity are unable to control the inherent stupidity of their actions, being too stupid to realize whether or not they may be inappropriate, offensive or even unsafe. As such it is society's responsibility to ensure that stupid people are not allowed to find themselves in situations whereby they may cause harm to themselves or others as a result of their stupidity.

picture.php

However where safety is not an issue it is perfectly acceptable, and indeed encouraged to allow stupid people the pleasure of basking freely in their mental deficiency. It makes them happy and gives us all a good laugh.

picture.php

It should also be noted that stupid people are certainly not without use. As with any handicap, stupidity can be overcome to the point that the sufferer can continue being a happy, productive member of society. Jobs that stupid people might enjoy include professional sports,

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

By properly understanding the stupid person and allowing society to adapt to the occasional "episode", we can all live in a happier, stupider world.

Thank you. And now back to your daily does of sanity.

LMFAOOOOOOOO! :rowfull:

Omg, these pics are awesome!!!!

Stupid People

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you. And now back to your daily dose of sanity.

:bwahaha:

These things always aggravate me. I don't understand the consept of awarding money to people how do stupid things. Really if you walk away from the wheel of a car while it is moving no shit you are probably going to crash. To me the more people win these types of law suits the more excuses we give idiots to do these things and think they can make a profit.

"Jury of their peers" People that are just as stupid as they are...:gbtoast:

I was watching a show not too long ago about how as a society, we are so "sue happy." Why has it come to this? People are suing fast food chains because they or their children have gained weight from eating too many Happy Meals (when I gain a few from eating too much fast food I simply don't buy fast food anymore - it's my decision on what to buy and put into my body so therefore that would be my fault, not Big Mac's - speaking of which, I should probably hit the gym :jester:), or how about people suing tobacco companies because they have gotten cancer. This one really pisses me off. When are we taught that smoking is bad? In elementary school at least or even before that. And once we're old enough to read, we can clearly see on the cig package that smoking causes cancer, among other things. Hey, I myself am a smoker and if I got cancer because of it, it's MY FAULT. It would be unfortunate but again, my fault. I chose to smoke. I know smoking is bad but I still light up. It doesn't take a freaking genius to know that you are responsible for what you do to you. Just like that whack job lady that successfully sued McDonald's for having hot coffee (that she very stupidly put between her legs and subsequently got burned). That case STILL pisses me off. She gets money because she's stupid??? I've heard of cases where people have sued owners of dogs after they have TRESPASSED into their yards with the dogs being tied up and they got bit - so they sue? Weren't they the ones trespassing? Ugh. Ok, I feel better now lol. In the meantime, enjoy some of the stupid cases and winners of the Stella Awards (an award for people that sue for stupid reasons). Shame on the judges or jury that awarded these people money. :sowrong: :banghead: :doh:
Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'! For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico , where she purchased coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right? That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy.

Here are the Stellas for the past year:

*SEVENTH PLACE*

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Start scratching!

* SIXTH PLACE *

Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Scratch some more....

* FIFTH PLACE *
Terrence Dickson, of Bristol, Pa., who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental anguish. Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We should all have this kind of anguish. Keep scratching. There are more.....

Double hand-scratching after this one.

*FOURTH PLACE*

Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Pick a new spot to scratch. You're getting a bald spot.

* THIRD PLACE *

Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pa., because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. Whatever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?

Only two more so ease up on the scratching.....

*SECOND PLACE*

Kara Walton, of Claymont , Del. , sued the owner of a nightclub in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the nightclub had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure..

OK. Here we go!!

* FIRST PLACE *

This year's runaway First-Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?
$1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Also as a small sidenote, there have been people including American comedian Andy Kaufmann who have died from lung cancer who didn't smoke, now health officials are saying that not all people who get lung cancer smoke, but all of them drink. I'm not taking sides here, I do both, I'm a dead man. But it is interesting.

Also as a small sidenote, there have been people including American comedian Andy Kaufmann who have died from lung cancer who didn't smoke, now health officials are saying that not all people who get lung cancer smoke, but all of them drink. I'm not taking sides here, I do both, I'm a dead man. But it is interesting.

Oh I absolutely agree with you on this. I'm just meaning when people who knowingly do something bad or stupid and then sue because they got hurt, sick etc.

Very interesting about the drinking thing too...........

All those people should be sterilized. Preventing further stupidity from entering the world.

it should be noted that Tobacco companies cooked the books when it came to what they were sellings, and mainly that is the reason why they are getting nailed with the lawsuits.

LMAO! You know, I wouldn't doubt that someone someday might pull that one. :jester:

LMAO! :popcorn:

Well then, how about for us lee's.......the torture we must endure!? The forced laughter?! Surely we should get some money for that? :jester:

Forced laughter--torture?! Ridiculous! Preposterous! Superfluous! Everyone knows laughter is the best medicine! We are totally hiring Johnny Cochrane on this one!

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back