• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Someone ... Anyone?

InsnlyTklshF

TMF Regular
I sware to god sometimes ya just wanna throw this computer out the window. it's driving me NUTS! I can't seem to get on yahoo messenger and I know some of you "get" computers unlike myself ... We are not able to sign you into yahoo it says in a box. In the top box it says Modem users with a try again box to click. The bottom two LAN/Firewall users one button to click says setup proxy ( if you know your proxy settings you can configure them here ) forget the "help" button cause they sure don't lead you in the right direction. So now that I've gotten this off my chest can someone ... anyone help me pahlease!

If anyone knows where my future Robert Carradine aka Lewis 'Lew' Skolnick when I need him please let me know :twohugs: :smilelove ? :( :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

When in doubt try removing it adn then re-installing it from scratch. Not too much of a technical assist, but it just may work.

I don't have a computer per say , more like a computer cable box , but in regards to my router , I go to settings and click configure router . If it's the router , also compare it's stats to the stats of your computer , IP addresses and such . Once you sincronize all the settings and set all the settings correctly on your router it should help you along . PS one of the router configurations is proxy setting . You may want to send an E mail to yahoo for additional technical advice . PS as an example of my proxy it is in regards to the number 80 or 8080 .......

Well, i can honestly say im not very good with computers, the thing i tend to do if something breaks down is to remove it totally from my computer and try re installing it. you never know. they may have made an update which is why the messenger isn't working? that happened to me once with MSN. hope this helps!

Okay, first of all

InsnlyTklshF said:
I sware to god sometimes ya just wanna throw this computer out the window. it's driving me NUTS! I can't seem to get on yahoo messenger and I know some of you "get" computers unlike myself ... We are not able to sign you into yahoo it says in a box. In the top box it says Modem users with a try again box to click. The bottom two LAN/Firewall users one button to click says setup proxy ( if you know your proxy settings you can configure them here ) forget the "help" button cause they sure don't lead you in the right direction. So now that I've gotten this off my chest can someone ... anyone help me pahlease!

If anyone knows where my future Robert Carradine aka Lewis 'Lew' Skolnick when I need him please let me know :twohugs: :smilelove ? :( :cry1: :cry1: :cry1:
I gotta ask ya a coupla questions.
1-Do you access the internet via a dial up modem? (that's a meodem either installed in or hooked up to your computer and a standard phone line)
2-Is your computer linked to other computers in a local area network? (that usually involves actual physical connections, although there are some wireless LANS, they are still rare.)
3-Do you have a firewall installed on your computer? (This can be software [usually] or hardware[rarely] designed to protect against hacking, viruses and spyware).
4-Which Yahoo site are you trying to acess? (There are many these days, and the problems may be different depending on which site it is.)
Just for example, there are the Search engine site, the free email site, the group hosting site, the personals site, and many others.

Depending on your answers to these questions, there could be several reasons for the problem.

More than likely the problem lies with yahoo itself. I have had problems in the past and recent past. Generally they go away for awhile and then come again. I would reccomend waiting and see if yahoo messenger comes back online. If it does not or gives you lots of problems over the next few days then I would try to address the issue from your end. Just my thoughts on the subject though. :D

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back