• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

2012 College Football Fan Thread

jhop220

3rd Level Red Feather
I don't know how many people around here love college football, but I know I do. I love the collegiate level of play way better than the NFL. I understand that is not a popular view but I love the drama and excitement every week brings in college football.

Week 1 is in the books and what did we see?

Alabama dominate

Michigan lose credibility

The Big Ten continuing to struggle...a lot against MAC teams.

USC can beat a bunch of undersized guys who live in paradise.

Oklahoma nearly laid an egg in El Paso.

Oklahoma State facing a team that was about as competitive as their local pee-wee league would be against them.

Now the top 5 looks a little something like this:

1) Alabama
2) USC
3) LSU
4) Oregon
5) Oklahoma

Now Alabama has a glorified bye week against the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky before traveling to Fayetteville to take on a more legitimate top 10 team in the Arkansas Razorbacks.

USC is going to East Rutherford New Jersey to take on...uhh...Syracuse. Don't see this being like the Syracuse/Northwestern game last week unless your looking at it one sided.

LSU is hosting Washington which could surprise them for maybe a quarter or so before the Tigers overwhelm the undersized Pac-12 team.

Oregon hosts cupcake #2 in Fresno State even though Fresno has pulled shockers out in previous years. Oregon is just too fast.

Oklahoma hosts the Florida A&M Panthers. Well at least it is an actual FCS team for the Sooners. BTW anyone else notice they have two bye weeks this year?

So where is the excitement this week?

Got to look down the standings but a couple games that I'm interested in are

Auburn/Mississippi State (I live in Alabama and would watch any game Auburn loses)

Georgia/Mizzou

Florida/Texas A&M

What are ya'll looking forward to?

As a Penn State fan (yes I know) I don't think the loss to Ohio is a fluke. That's a legit BCS buster right there led by a coach who has won a national title.

But yeah, Big Ten is attrocious. Really haven't been good since 2005. Talent level is there except on the lines.

As a Penn State fan (yes I know) I don't think the loss to Ohio is a fluke. That's a legit BCS buster right there led by a coach who has won a national title.

But yeah, Big Ten is attrocious. Really haven't been good since 2005. Talent level is there except on the lines.

I don't blame fans of Penn State...matter of fact...I respect them more admitting now to being one. The players did nothing wrong and neither did the fans.

Big Ten's saving grace is in Ohio State (unfortunately). It just won't come for another 2 years. Meyer is a fantastic coach...I expect them to be good.

I understand why Gameday got moved because of Arkansas's pathetic loss to Louisiana-Monroe. However, I thought they should've gone to Michigan State/Notre Dame instead of Rocky Top where Florida will take on Tennessee. Reason is because Florida was featured last week and it would be nice to see a change of scenery as far as fans go.

Here are my predictions of the top ten teams this week:

1) Alabama @ Arkansas

I have Alabama going in and destroying Arkansas. I don't see them being ready at all after such a large upset. Bama is too tough, and the Tide will be rolling to that meeting in Baton Rouge on November 3.

2) USC @ Stanford

Yeah the Trojans are coming back west and some may think they could hiccup in this game. Sorry, but Andrew Luck resides in Indianapolis. Barkley will lead them to an easy win against Stanford.

3) Idaho @ LSU

Moving along...this game will be over at the coin toss.

4) Tennessee Tech @ Oregon

Ugh...these cup cake games annoy me to no end.

5) Wake Forest @ Florida State

So the Noles decided to end their scrimmages and show up to the 2012 season. The Deacons will splash water on their faces and keep it close until the 4th quarter where FSU will take over.

6) Oklahoma is idle before Kansas State then idle again....how convenient.

7) Florida Atlantic @ Georgia

Cupcakes keep on coming

8) UAB @ South Carolina

yawn

9) James Madison @ West Virginia

zzzz

10) Notre Dame @ Michigan State

This is my (mild) upset of the week here. The Irish will steal one in East Lansing based off the turnovers from Maxwell. Expect it to be close...unless State hands it to Bell 20+ times...then all bets are off

Yeah I think PSU could easily be 2-0 but combination new system and all the other crap is kinda making it difficult. Still a ton of talent on that defense and the offensive line is actually moving people, something they havent done consistently since the mid 90's. I don't really think the limiting of scholarships is that big a deal when you realize most of them after 60 are given to walk ons that have stayed with the program and fringe players. It's more of a depth thing then anything else.

As bad as Standford has looked so far, I still think USC is the vastily overrated. They had trouble with Syracuse for most of that game and while the Orange have done a great job rebuilding, it's still a Big East team.

Little late on the discussion here but just joined the forum. Big college fball fan. Syracuse is my team. Seen a few ppl poking some fun at them but its all in good fun. I actually thouhht South Carolina was going to be the team to combete with Bama. Last two weeks habe proved otherwise. With Notre Dame, Florida, and Oregon out the should be interesting.

Also a bit late to the discussion but oh well. Huge college football fan and more specifically, the world's biggest Florida State Seminole fan! Your dead on the money about the college game being more exciting than the pro level, tho.

Alabama is by far the best team in the country. I swear, you could but them in the NFC West and they'd finish second. but after that, it gets good.

I love what Coach Snyder and Kansas State are doing. Colin "Optimus" Klein (best nickname in sports, hands down) is a phenominal football player that is finally getting the respect he deserves. His numbers arent gaudy but the dude wins football games. I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays as opposed to Geno Smith's Xbox like numbers and two loses. He's like a way less annoying version of Tim Tebow!

Notre Dame is overrated in my book. They are a top-15 team yes, but idk about top-5. Their signature win was over an extremely overrated OU team. They dont score a lot of points and their defense that everyone is drooling over has faced 1, I repeat 1, top-50 offense this year. They would get waxed by Oregon, the team that's right behind them in the polls. Look for them to slip up against USC in Matt Barkley's final home game as a Trojan

And Oregon isn't getting enough love. I'm a Southerner and love Southern college football but Oregon is a damn good team, no matter what any SEC elitist tells you. They hang damn near 70 points a game and their defense is much improved this year. I know what your all thinking "they dont play great offenses, so their defensive numbers are inflated" but with their offense, they dont need Alabama's defense, if they hold a team under 30, they win.

LSU is the best one lose team in the country and the rankings reflect it. Their defense is absolutely ferocious. They are big, strong, fast, and well coached on that side of the ball. How they lost to UF is beyond me but here's a BOLD pick for y'all: LSU over Bama at home this weekend. It's a night game on the Bayou and strange things happen at night down there. Just ask South Carolina. Must be some Voodoo goin on down there.

Georgia took control of its own SEC East destiny with its win over UF this past weekend. They are a better team than people give them credit for and are the class of the SEC East. All the need to do is beat a 5-3 Ole Miss team at home and beat a dismal 1-7 Auburn squad away on the plains and they earn themselves a spot in the SEC championship game against, presumably, the winner of the LSU-Bama game.

Florida is next and they have been overachieving all year. They had trouble with Bowling Green and had absolutely no business beating Texas A&M in week two. BTW, Jonny Manziel, TAMU's freshman QB, is one hell of a player. Watch for that kid to be invited to NYC in early December in a couple of years, that kid is raw! But anyway, UF has trouble throwing the ball (less than 150 yards a game) but isn't even top 30 in rushing nationally. And UGA exploited that. They loaded up the box and dared Driskel to throw it. And it worked. UF only had 75 yards rushing while Driskel threw 2 INTs. Look for the Gators to lose to FSU on Nov 24

I really do feel bad for South Carolina. They have a great coach and a stingy defense but can't seem to stay healthy. Lattimore hasn't played a full season yet, which is unfortunate, because with him the are one of the best teams in the country but without him, they have to rely more heavily on the pass and Connor Shaw isn't quite there yet. They are a little too highly ranked for my taste, there are some one loss teams that should be ahead of them but they are definitely the best two lose team in the land.

Ah, my beloved Seminoles. We're one damn point away from #2 in the nation! Statically, they are top-5 in the country, but the Noles tend to shoot themselves in the foot with fumbles (at least 4 in the past two games) and penalties. But they control their own destiny in the ACC Costal and all they need to do is win the next two games and they are in the ACC chapionship game. But both of those games are on the road. The Maryland game shouldn't be a problem because doesn't have a healthy scholarship quaterback on the roster and have a converted LB or a converted TE to choose from. The Noles' ridiculous pass rush should overwhelm whoever they choose. but next Thursday's game at VT won't be a cake walk by any stretch. Its at Lane Stadium, the Noles traditionally don't play well on Thursdays, and you know Frank Beamer is gonna have his boys ready to go for this big game. Then UF rolls into town and that will be a damn good one but i think the Noles, imploying the gameplan UGA used, beats the Gators for the third straight year. SCALP EM!

And rounding out the top-10 is Louisville. They are undefeated, yes but they haven't played a ranked team all year. They are clearly the best the Big East has to offer but they will get destroyed in a BCS game assuming they win out. But on the flip side, Teddy Bridgewater is having a great rookie year and deserves the Big East player of the year and possibly a seat in NYC if the win out. Look for him to have a great career at Louisville.

Bama pulled of the win @ LSU. Great game both teams looked good. It will be a tough task for anyone to beat Bama. Onside kick was close but I knew in my gut Bama would pull it off when LSU missed that Field Goal.

Agree that Notre Dame gets a bit to much credit. I will admit I haven't watched a lot of their games but they struggled w/ Pitt yesterday. A few weeks ago my Syracuse Orange took care of Pitt without too much trouble.

The great thing about college is that the regular season matters so much. It will definitely be a great finish to the season.

Bama pulled of the win @ LSU. Great game both teams looked good. It will be a tough task for anyone to beat Bama. Onside kick was close but I knew in my gut Bama would pull it off when LSU missed that Field Goal.

Agree that Notre Dame gets a bit to much credit. I will admit I haven't watched a lot of their games but they struggled w/ Pitt yesterday. A few weeks ago my Syracuse Orange took care of Pitt without too much trouble.

The great thing about college is that the regular season matters so much. It will definitely be a great finish to the season.

I think Alabama punched their ticket to Miami yesterday. I know A&M is playing lights out and will be trouble, but Johnny Football will have a tough time running when he gets popped a few times. Bama is home until the SEC Championship, and they match up well against Georgia. I think LSU outplayed Bama in every aspect of that game until the final minute plus. McCarren went to clutch mode and carried his team to victory.

Kansas State handled Oklahoma State's high powered #1 ranked offense. The question is how hurt is Colin Klein? It looked like a nasty wrist injury and they got to go to TCU next week before hosting Texas on December 1.

Notre Dame played sloppy and did just about everything they could to lose that game. Pitt should've won, but they snatched defeat out of the hands of victory. The Irish live to fight on, but they will fall in the BCS I think to Oregon. The Irish have Boston College, Wake Forest, and USC left on the schedule. They should be able to handle the first two provided they don't fall asleep again. USC will be a test for that secondary.

Oregon was impressive offensively but lacked on defense. They took care of business, but if they go on to play Alabama like that then they will lose. Oregon still has Stanford, and Oregon State on the schedule which will be difficult for them.

Jhop,

We had our disagreements when it came to baseball, but you are right on with with this post my friend!

So is it going to be Notre Dame vs. Alabama national championship? Anyone think if Matt Barkley is healthy next week USC will upset ND and throw a wrench into things?

So is it going to be Notre Dame vs. Alabama national championship? Anyone think if Matt Barkley is healthy next week USC will upset ND and throw a wrench into things?

No, even with Matt Barkley (who will not be at 100%)...USC is horrid on defense. Notre Dame will take care of business.

Alabama has a hurdle in Georgia to get through in the SEC Championship. That game won't be easy for my Tide, but if we handle our business then we'll see the Irish in South Beach

And the conference expansion continues. Maryland and Rutgers both heading to the Big 10. Don't think Big East will survive this one. ACC will have to take a Big East school to stay at 14 teams. I am glad Syracuse lect when they did. I will miss the Big East.

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back