• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

8.9 Earthquake hits Japan!!

The thing is, no one knows how big the death toll is. There is little to no communication infrastructure remaining in the hardest hit areas, so it will be a matter of sorting out the living from the dead, and this will take weeks. It is foolish for any government to just announce speculative death tolls right out without confirmation.

Japan's populace tends to have families fairly spread out over the country. Many people will migrate to the bigger cities, leaving their families behind in smaller communities, but visiting a few times a year. The last thing Japan needs is chaos in the affected area, so it just doesn't make sense to say that "all 45,000 in MinamiSanriku are feared dead" when it's only been two days.

Would it make more sense to say, "We suspect that they survived being hit by countless tons of trash and debris"?

I'm just making objective speculations.

The aftershock still continues here.
There is no day when the earthquake doesn't occur for four days.
A small and middle scale earthquake occurs many times every day.
Bottles of water, Food, tools for disaster disappears from the shop, and uneasiness extends.

On the topic of this Earthquake...would you all like to see something horrifying?

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2011/03/i_hope_these_people_arent_your/GodBlessAmerica.php

Behold. I present to you, a fine example of retarded American patriotism. These stupid rednecks believe that the Japanese deserve this; considering it 'payback' for bombing pearl harbor.

Now, I want you guys to think back waaaaaay to 1945. Anything special about that year? I'll give you a hint; it involves two Japanese cities, two large explosions, and was called the Manhattan project.
Any 'payback' necessary for Pearl Harbor was exacted 5-6 times over when we dropped two Nuclear weapons on Japanese cities.

Patriots, I beg of you, don't open your mouth if you have the memory of a goldfish and a sub-80 IQ.
OMG

These mouthbreathers are ranting about Pearl Harbor, an event most of them only know as history before they were born. Are they unaware that we defeated the Japanese and have been allies with them over 60 years? Idiots like these never let go of anything! Really, really sad. Are they still whining about the War of 1812? I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

It makes sense if you kick reason and logic to the curb. This is "god's country", and while we have gotten our revenge (firebombing the shit out of Japan and then nuking them twice), our vengeful lord and savior jesus didn't. :lol

Ariel... just... stop trying so hard. There was hardly anything about religion in those ignorant-ass comments. It was just vengeance and prejudice. Geez, I mean if you're looking for someone with a vendetta thanks to religion, look no further than yourself.

O Sammi, queen of the TickleTheater,

I humbly apologize for speaking undeniable truth. If I had any idea that the truth would offend people, I would just keep my mouth shut. Fair day to you, milady!

*rides off on her lollerskates*

Oh, bullshit. You love that it's offensive to certain people. You adore seeing people get riled up over something you laugh at. It lets you win on the internet!

I think it's funny that certain people get so offended by it. Such a silly thing to get riled up about.

6900 people confirmed dead. Over 10,000 still missing.

I'm actually curious about where they're getting their death toll estimates. From what I understand, a city of 70,000 people disappeared over the course of five minutes, and from that they estimated that 1/70 of those people died.

Sorry, but that's just painfully optimistic. If a city that large was trashed, then we're looking at a 5 digit number on the death tolls.

I'm not going to say 'I told you so' on such a grim subject. All I'm going to say, is that such stupid optimism often leads to disappointment.

Not to mention that the threat warning on the Nuclear Reactor has been raised to level 5; the highest level being 7.

Oh, bullshit. You love that it's offensive to certain people. You adore seeing people get riled up over something you laugh at. It lets you win on the internet!

You say that like it's a bad thing! :stickout You shouldn't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive!

Atheists say that religion is man made, well so is your belief in atheism, so what's your point, they are both man made belief systems?

My point is that you shouldn't grow potatoes in Ireland, or put nuclear reactors on an island that rests upon "The Ring of Fire". :lol

I like that, within hours of the disaster, we(the US) had navy vessels filled with supplies heading in the direction of Japan. It's the right thing to do for anybody in need, but especially for a solid ally like Japan. They're some tough motherfuckers over there. They'll make it through this, as terrible a calamity as it has been.

My point is that you shouldn't grow potatoes in Ireland, or put nuclear reactors on an island that rests upon "The Ring of Fire". :lol

Purple...hun...we all love ya but if you keep making statements like that we're all gonna have to paint a giant target on your back and then stand 50 yards away with very VERY innocent-looking faces. ^_~

I agree though with the reactor on an quake prone island though. I wonder though...where on Earth is the least quake prone location?

a big reason they built it I believe is that Japan doesn't have a lot of resources for energy; not a lot of coal, and (almost) no oil.

I'm pretty sure that lack of goods was (part of) the logic used as justification by the Emperor in ~1930's to invade places like Manchuria and Korea.

What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back