• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A heads-up for pet owners ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faramir

1st Level Orange Feather
from an email I got from a friend .. sorry if it's been discussed before ...

I haven't checked this out but its better to be safe than sorry

Subject: IF YOU HAVE ANIMALS or small children please read

I recently had a neighbor who had their 5-year old German shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago. They had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver level was unreal as the dog had ingested poison of some kind.

The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.

My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (Actually he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze).

Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors.

Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible.

thanks for the heads up! i always leave those wet jet cartridges out, and my dog loves to get into that stuff.

Thank you so much for that...I have all hardwood floors in my house...and the swiffer wetjet is just easier...but I can't let my poor pooch suffer because I'm lazy...

No more swiffer wet for me...thank you SO much...my dog thanks you too!

The article said this warning is a hoax.

I wouldn't abandon you swiffer product until you check further.

I smell a rat.

From the Snopes article:

In direct response to the e-mail's charge, Procter and Gamble posted a rebuttal:

There is a false Internet rumor circulating rapidly among pet owners alleging that Swiffer WetJet may contain antifreeze and is harmful to pets. The Wet cloths and WetJet liquid solution cleaners do not contain antifreeze or any ingredient similar to it. In fact, all Swiffer products are safe to use around pets.

We evaluated the Swiffer Wet cloths and WetJet cleaners to ensure they're safe — a fact confirmed by the ASPCA, independent veterinarians and scientists. In fact, for nearly five years, people in over 38 million U.S. homes have safely used Swiffer products on everything from the kitchen and living room floors to tables and ceiling fans.

We have pets too, and their health and well-being is very important to us. Please help us stop this rumor by sharing the truth with others.

Yep what an ingenious rumor. Oh when I mean ingenious I mean everyone who belived this is stupid and dumb. I swear only a three year old retarded monkey could believe this. Well whoever you are I got a big middle finger for you when you want it.

Man I hate stupid people and those who believe them.

Awww....did I hurt you wittle feelings? Well that's F***in too bad. BITE ME! i'm not afraid to be honest to get a point across.

Hey, dont bite off MY head over it! hot damn....what's gotten into you suddenly?

I just hate people who are so dumb they would believe anything the liberal media tells them. Everything from weightloss pills to "Games cause Violence". For gosh sakes people, GROW A BRAIN!

Timewarp said:
I just hate people who are so dumb they would believe anything the liberal media tells them. Everything from weightloss pills to "Games cause Violence". For gosh sakes people, GROW A BRAIN!

Alright, calm down. Thousands of hoaxes cross the internet every year and this one is, somewhat, minor. Someone probably got a bug-up-their-butt for Procter and Gamble and wanted to hurt them a little. Anyway, better safe than sorry, so just chill.

Timewarp said:
Well whoever you are I got a big middle finger for you when you want it.

Is that all you got TW=TWerp, a middle finger - I got something better than that with YOUR name on it .. !!

Dickwad Punkass

Thanks and kudo's to those that had my back ... I was just trying to put a word out "just in case". I don't "LIVE" on the www, so therefore I was just trying to pass on a heads up. It never effin' fails though, ya know ... why do I even bother ... !!

TW can kiss my ASS ... !!

Last edited:
I'm surprised at the level of hostility displayed in this thread :( Since it no longer serves any useful purpose, it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

5/20/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello to us all!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back