• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A question about the rules and guidelines.

PurpleStyle

3rd Level Red Feather
First: I don't want an answer unless it's by a staff member or moderator. My question pertains to:

"We take the "be polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion). And if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning. This goes for private messaging as well."

Now, I'm curious about how far along this integrates with my freedom of speech as a US citizen. Where does it stop on this particular forum? The line's a bit blurry to me. There are subjects spoken of that may seem taboo to some, but not to others. I won't clarify on who or what because I don't wish to offend or make anybody feel weird. If a single person feels they are making a simple statement (within the bounds of our own laws, morals, and freedoms), but others disagree to the point where it makes them upset because they personally don't like it (even if it turns out to be true), is that single person "being rude" or "intentionally unpleasant or disruptive"?

I'm curious because... this rule seems to be flexible with certain people, but when something doesn't go their way, it's a terrible offense. In their own mind, this feeling allows them to make threats about going to staff members over something that they could have simply ignored, when they personally were not being badgered.

I apologize if this kind of question is a nuisance, but thank you for reading it. :)

We apply the rule based on whether the member intended to be disruptive, determined in part by his or her history, contributions, and past incidents, if any. In practice, we usually issue at least two or three warnings before taking further action, except in serious cases (such as threats).

Because the forum is private property, the First Amendment does not restrict our ability to maintain decorum and order. However, our policy is not to discriminate based on viewpoint unless "viewpoint" is clearly being used as an excuse to circumvent the rules (e.g., Holocaust denying, race-bashing).

First: I don't want an answer unless it's by a staff member or moderator. My question pertains to:

I'm curious because... this rule seems to be flexible with certain people, but when something doesn't go their way, it's a terrible offense. In their own mind, this feeling allows them to make threats about going to staff members over something that they could have simply ignored, when they personally were not being badgered.

hmm i'm curious about this part...people actually make threats saying they will go to staff members??? damn how childish is that..

sorry i'm not a mod but i just had to comment...

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back