• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Advice from fellow writers

HallKogan

2nd Level Red Feather
Does anyone know of a good word processor app?

I’ve been using Werdsmith which until recently has been very reliable. This morning however, as I was just about to upload my latest story, there was a hiccup of some kind and I lost the entire thing.

Over 1,000 words, hours of work, gone on a flash. Thankfully It wasn’t a vital part of my series, but I’m still irked.

Ideas?

Does anyone know of a good word processor app?

I’ve been using Werdsmith which until recently has been very reliable. This morning however, as I was just about to upload my latest story, there was a hiccup of some kind and I lost the entire thing.

Over 1,000 words, hours of work, gone on a flash. Thankfully It wasn’t a vital part of my series, but I’m still irked.

Ideas?

I use Microsoft Word mainly, but you can also use the free alternatives like open office or libre office.
There is another app that i'm exploring as of now for a book that i'm writing called Scrivener that's made specifically for books and stories. The only downside to Word and Scrivener is they are paid apps.

That’s an idea, but I work from my phone. I’m going to start making backups though.

It used to be that I could only really write in a notebook pen & paper was the only way I could work. Now I’m turning out some pretty good stuff tapping away on my IPhone.

I used word it's gd, think it does cost too get thou.. In the past I have used notebook too write but it can look rly weird cuz of the page lay out, so for long writing it is not really the best. But the newer version might be better, I use too write an then copy an paste it on too a better format.. But it can be little botherson doing all that but it's great for writing short to mild forum entries plus it does not cut out on you.. Causing you too lose everything which has happened a lot on here too me in the past

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I learned the hard way to always have a copy, with a different file name, of every file that I open with an editor.
(This was back in 2003 when I had to rewrite most of The Trainer after the editor that I was using erased the entire file.)

What's New

5/11/2024
The TMF Art and Story Archives collect some of our communities best creators work in one place!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back