• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Angels Fans: WTF WAS WITH THAT CALL?!?

Krokus

3rd Level Green Feather
Dumbass umpires just lost us the game. That was by far the worst call I think I have ever seen. This is a tough pill to swallow.

Krokus said:
Dumbass umpires just lost us the game. That was by far the worst call I think I have ever seen. This is a tough pill to swallow.

I was upset at the Angels for beating my Yanks, but yes they were robbed here. That was a bad bad call! That ball never touched the ground, it was caught in the web, very close but caught!

Now that I've had time to absorb the loss, I'm calmer now (see my post right after the game ended in the baseball thread in the Silly Forum), but I still say it was a bad call. Granted, it was very close and could have gone either way, but home plate umpire Doug Eddings called a strike, Angel catcher Josh Paul didn't tag Chicago's batter, A.J. Pierzynski (maybe he should've but that tells me he KNEW he had caught the ball without it hitting the ground), and the players were walking off the field, so everyone thought he was out. Then A.J. runs toward first base, they review the play, and the call is changed. I have nothing against the fans (they had nothing to do with it), but the umpires DID rule the wrong way. If the Angels lose this series...I'm one pissed-off Angels fan (along with many others here in the O.C.). :mad: :Grrr: :ranty: :ignite:

P.S. Nice to see there are others who think that was a bad call. :D

Last edited:
Awful call... there is no other way around that. The fact is that Doug Eddings the home plate umpire signaled out. That was a terrible call. Hopefully you will sweep them in California.

I do hope the Angels win the next three games in Anaheim, they might have to. And for those of you who can't get the L.A. Times, here are two interesting articles about the missed call (you might have to register first to read them):

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseb...3oct13,0,4995970.story?coll=la-home-headlines

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseb...oct13,0,3603650.column?coll=la-home-headlines

And two links from the O.C. Register (one's another article, the other's a message board):

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_711849.php

http://talk.ocregister.com/showthread.php?t=16432

One more (I promise this is the last one :D):

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...LYF?slug=dw-badcall101205&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Last edited:
Ouch.....that was a really bad call just saw it on espn, is there something in MLB like the NFL were you can challenge the play??

welcome to Raider Nation were bad calls happen every week

no, but I really think that they should add the instant replay rule to baseball. Each mananger has one or two challenges a game. These umpires think they know all and are perfect, but as we have seen in the playoffs so far, they need some friggin eye exams.

I am a Sox fan and I will say the Angels were screwed on that call,good for the Sox,bad for the Angels.It makes you wonder is this the "Bartman ball,for the Angels. :confused: :confused:

Thanks for all your support, everyone. Looks like even the Sox fans don't agree with the call (but I don't blame them for taking the victory). And allowing managers to challenge calls by instant replay a limited number of times per game is a good idea, I think. The games would be a little longer, but avoiding blown calls is more important. :ermm:

Personally i was so disgusted by this call and a lot of it has to do with who made the call "DOUG EDDINGS" this guy is such a duche forgive the language if anyone is offended i appologize I am a Braves fan and follow all their games and this same guy was the one who got into it with Estrada during a game in the middle of the season. Of course umpires and catchers get into it all the time but Never have i seen where a player decide to not argue a play and just go back to catching and have an umpire continue to curse in the players ear as the pitch was about to come in and that is what Doug Eddings did IMO that is uncalled for by an umpire.

Now to the play a couple reasons regardless if the play was considered close:
1. Regardless what he said after that interview he made the out signal, he put his hand out to single the swinging Strike and then after that he did the out singal that means the plays dead.

2. If the play was close and the catcher thought there was the slimest chance it hit the ground he would of just tagged the runner there would be no reason for him to try to fool the umpire its still an easy out just to tag him

3. Even the batter hestitated and started to go to the dugout before he ran to first

4. Even when Doug Eddings was asked about the play the reported asked so you saw the ball hit the ground then right and Doug Eddings replied "No Im Saying it wasnt clear if it was caught or not" for the player to even have the chance to run to first the umpire has to see it hit the ground he doesnt get to go on a hunch

Moral of it all this guy will be umeployed by the end of the year no one gets as many controversies as this guy has been thru the coarse of the year D.E. lets finish those initials off AD cuz thats what your career is lol sorry all im done just needed to vent

EDIT: oh BTW i love that sig pic I love how Eddings wont even speak and even standup for himself hes making his Head Crew Official do all the talking even tho he was out in Right Field

Hi, A Tklsh Tickler! I didn't know that about Doug Eddings. He sounds like an unprofessional and unsportsmanlike guy! I also think he should be disciplined by the league, he is a bad umpire. And thanks for the compliment, I put that pic in my sig so everyone would know what I thought about that call. :D

Yep we was robbed. But by the same token, in game #1, the Chicago guy was safe on first, yet he was called out. What goes around comes around.

I lament the day when the entire baseball playing field is electronically bugged, much like pro tennis today.

The 'sport' part disappears, and baseball becomes just another cheap video game.

Good point, TK. I just wish the result of the call hadn't been so costly, both to the game as well as to the Angels. :sowrong: Just to let you know, I'm going to be watching tomorrow's game like a hawk. I want to see how the next game in Anaheim is handled. At least Doug Eddings won't be at home plate (but he'll still be on the field :disgust: ).

TKpervert said:
Yep we was robbed. But by the same token, in game #1, the Chicago guy was safe on first, yet he was called out. What goes around comes around.

I lament the day when the entire baseball playing field is electronically bugged, much like pro tennis today.

The 'sport' part disappears, and baseball becomes just another cheap video game.

A bad call is a bad call that happens in baseball thats not what frustrated me the thing that frustrated me was he called the batter out then changed his mind after the other team left the field Make a call and stick by it

The umpires have just been plain awful. I understand that Angel fans have it out for Eddings. But the entire umpiring crews for virtually all series have been poorly done. It makes me wonder, these guys that are umpiring these games in the post-season made it on merit. I would really hate to see these grades. :confused:

The umpires have made some bad calls, but we'll never really know whether they made a difference in the outcome of the game. For example, although I was angry when Eddings ruled the way he did, I recognize that Chicago might have won Game 2 of the ALCS anyway even without the benefit of that terrible call. There's no doubt that the White Sox have had some lucky breaks, but they're also a great team, and that's why they beat my Angels and made it to the World Series. I'll never be a fan of the umpires but I give credit where it's due, and human error is a part of the game whether we like it or not.

amk714 said:
The umpires have made some bad calls, but we'll never really know whether they made a difference in the outcome of the game. For example, although I was angry when Eddings ruled the way he did, I recognize that Chicago might have won Game 2 of the ALCS anyway even without the benefit of that terrible call. There's no doubt that the White Sox have had some lucky breaks, but they're also a great team, and that's why they beat my Angels and made it to the World Series. I'll never be a fan of the umpires but I give credit where it's due, and human error is a part of the game whether we like it or not.
I disagree. The White Sox are not a great team. They are a good team. Not a great team. They might have gotten the win in game two. One thing we do know is the Angels were not given a chance in extra innings to win the game. That is a shame.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
I disagree. The White Sox are not a great team. They are a good team. Not a great team.

The White Sox were great for much of the season before going on a losing streak, but they recovered and won 99 games, second only to the Cards' 100. They swept the champion Red Sox, then beat the Angels in the ALCS with four complete games by their pitchers after losing the first. And now they've taken a 2-0 lead against a great Astros team, so Chicago has lost only one game in the postseason so far. Not bad for a good team.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
They might have gotten the win in game two. One thing we do know is the Angels were not given a chance in extra innings to win the game. That is a shame.

What you say is true but since the ALCS was tied 1-1 after that game the Angels had three more chances to win and didn't.

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back