• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Apparently.. You Can Now Say The Word "Prick" on TV

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I was just watching a clip from the new Dallas series, from the funeral of JR Ewing. There was a guy who walked into the room as all the actors were reminiscing about JR, and the guy said "JR Ewing was a selfish prick".

Appropriate.. I believe that Dallas was the first TV show to say the mild curse words. Bastard, and Bitch, in the 70s and 80s.

geez...more amazingly, what ISN'T said on TV these days? Personally, I would like to hear the expletive "****" bandied about in a playfully hip, yet vicious demeaning manner... on say... The View or All Things Considered on NPR.

geez...more amazingly, what ISN'T said on TV these days? Personally, I would like to hear the expletive "****" bandied about in a playfully hip, yet vicious demeaning manner... on say... The View or All Things Considered on NPR.

I always thought that word should have been used way more on Golden Girls.

eh....I never really considered "prick" all that terrible of a curse word to begin with anyway. Comedy Central has taken to saying "shit" uncensored, as well as showing some movies uncut late at night on their network, naughty language and all. But its an interesting thing to note I suppose :)

I will be surprised if the censors will ever let the TV shows say "Fuck". For whatever reason, maybe stigma, that seems to be the worst word to them of all.

Well you know the American adage Mitch...

"horrific, deplorable violence is ok....as long as people don't use any naughty words" ;)

....and "You can prick your finger, but you can't finger your prick..."

Chosen, I see your point, and I agree. Violence is so much worse than any dirty words.

LOL CAB.

I will be surprised if the censors will ever let the TV shows say "Fuck". For whatever reason, maybe stigma, that seems to be the worst word to them of all.

Don't they already say that on TV?

ali32

I meant on a basic cable TV station, ali. This Dallas episode was on basic cable, and until then, I had never heard them say the word prick on a basic cable TV station. Such words were reserved for shows or movies that aired on premium channels like HBO and such.

I meant on a basic cable TV station, ali. This Dallas episode was on basic cable, and until then, I had never heard them say the word prick on a basic cable TV station. Such words were reserved for shows or movies that aired on premium channels like HBO and such.

Oh ok...it's all the same here in Australia...we don't have HBO, but the shows I am thinking of aired on HBO in the states...

Sex In The City airs, or aired on TBS, which is a basic cable station, in America. It originally aired on HBO, as you may know. In the original episodes, there was a lot of swearing. When they showed it on TBS, the swear words were edited out.

Sex In The City airs, or aired on TBS, which is a basic cable station, in America. It originally aired on HBO, as you may know. In the original episodes, there was a lot of swearing. When they showed it on TBS, the swear words were edited out.

Was thinking of shows like Dexter and True Blood. If swearing was edited out, one particular Dexter character would never speak!

Are people really offended by cursing on tv these days? It's not like these are words no one has heard before. Probably not the best thing for kids to watch / hear, but that's why you monitor what they watch.

Oh all the curses that have been allowed I'm kinda surprised that prick is making anyone surprised. Honestly at this point is it even really considered a curse word. I can't even think of damn as a curse anymore. Same goes for crap. I mean prick is pretty bland when you compare it to some of the games and other shows that are on right now. I don't think this is worth going into a tizzy over. Unless they are using this on little kids shows it's pretty damn harmless.

"Prick" is one thing. It was not included in the "seven things you can't say on TV" which according to George Carlin are: shit, piss, fuck, ****, motherfucker, cocksucker, and tits."

But I've been hearing "piss" on TV for a couple of decades now.

Sociologically speaking, "prick" is a term that while crass, ranks far milder in severity than "****." When I was growing up, "****" was the one word I was warned by my sisters never to call a girl or woman. According to them it was the most foul, insulting, misogynistic term ever to hit the streets.

Yeah, it is pretty foul.

I still wish it was used more on Golden Girls or maybe Designing Women.

When I was growing up, "****" was the one word I was warned by my sisters never to call a girl or woman. According to them it was the most foul, insulting, misogynistic term ever to hit the streets.

Interestingly, most of the folks that I have ever heard hiss the expletive "****" in a seriously vicious manner have been women about or to other women.

but I still think it should be bandied about more on NPR... I'd like to hear a host **** fight on All Things Considered... or Garrison Keillor called out as an "Old **** Queen" live on A Prairie Home Companion. Alas, I fear I would die of laughter before it got tweeted.

Interestingly, most of the folks that I have ever heard hiss the expletive "****" in a seriously vicious manner have been women about or to other women.
That's very interesting. We definitely travel in different circles. I've never heard a woman refer to another woman as a ****. I have heard them use the term "tramp" and "homewrecker" from time to time.

but I still think it should be bandied about more on NPR... I'd like to hear a host **** fight on All Things Considered... or Garrison Keillor called out as an "Old **** Queen" live on A Prairie Home Companion. Alas, I fear I would die of laughter before it got tweeted.
Too fucking funny, man.

I've read a lot of Stephen King, and his more deplorable male characters often refer to women they don't favor as cunts. One book called Rose Madder stands out. The villain of the story, one Norman Daniels pursues his fleeing, battered wife and tracks her to a halfway house for abused women. He referred to that halfway house as "that cavalcade of cunts."

I've read a lot of Stephen King, and his more deplorable male characters often refer to women they don't favor as cunts. One book called Rose Madder stands out. The villain of the story, one Norman Daniels pursues his fleeing, battered wife and tracks her to a halfway house for abused women. He referred to that halfway house as "that cavalcade of cunts."

That's because Stephen King is a deplorable, hackneyed, misogynistic, drivel of a man that has always been imbibed in drugs and drink and no doubt the domestic violence that goes with it. You write what you know.

er....I'm sorry, did I say "Stephen King?" I meant Dean Koontz. Yeah.

You know, C.A.B., if you and I don't start cleaning up our act here, they're going to change the name of this forum to Generally Disgusting.

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back