• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Avengers vs. X-Men

Soda Bobinski

Verified
Marvel-pits-Avengers-vs-X-Men-in-2012-3QM49EM-x-large.jpg

Marvel Comics recently announced that in April of 2012 , its two most popular superteams will be going head-to-head in a 12-issue biweekly series w/the fate of the world at stake.

The Phoenix Force is on its way to Earth & looking for a new host & it is believed that "Mutant Messiah" , Hope Summers , is the most likely candidate. The X-Men want to protect Hope & prepare her if she is indeed the one who's chosen. The Avengers want Hope in their custody while they best try to figure out how to keep the planet safe from a cosmic entity known for razing entire worlds.

Mutant & erstwhile Avengers member , the Scarlet Witch , supposedly factors very importantly into the story , as well.

Marvel promises that there will be a definitive winner by the end of this conflict. So who's it gonna be , folks? Earth's mightiest heroes? ... or the children of the atom. :shrug:

How will characters w/ties to both teams such as Wolverine , Beast , & Storm be handled? Which group will they ultimately side with during this slugfest?

So how 'bout it , TMF?! Who's gonna win? What're your predictions? How will things play out? Is this just another 'big event' that makes you want to roll your eyes? Let's hear it! Let the debates begin!

The Avengers aren't called "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" for nothing! The X-Men shouldn't stand a chance.

My bold prediction: The Scarlet Witch becomes the new human host of the Phoenix Force. (if not that, then Jean Grey is brought back to life from it and she joins the Avengers) Hope Summers is a red herring.

I'm leaning toward hope as a red herring as well. Scarlett Witch making her return is something I hadn't thought of but makes a whole lot of sense.

However, gotta give the nod to the Avengers, especially since the preceding story has Cable coming back in Avengers: X- Sanction where he looks to kick a lot of ass. Avengers winning this keeps a balance.

Personally, I think it really comes down to the line-up. As tough as the X-men are, I think The Avengers would win. Hulk (or red hulk at any rate) Iron man, Thor, Captain America, Spider-man, plus multiple other A-game superhero's would put the x-men at a serious disadvantage.

That being said, if the X-men have Juggernaut, Magneto, Namor, Wolverine and Prof X on there side, well, it is possible.

Juggernaut is technically a hybrid of Cain Mario's Juggernaut and Colossus now so It'll be a good test of his actual strength.

I think that they are finally bringing back the Scarlet Witch (since....2004?) is a telling sign of things. She's the one to keep your eye on in all this. The 0 issue in March focuses on her and Hope Summers...

Marvel will win.

Due to the amount of derps who want to buy into this shoddy story-line.

I dunno what a derp is, but I want to read it! All I get from Marvel anymore is the Avengers and New Avengers, and those have been teetering on the fence. I'm thinking this story will be a big blowout or my last hurrah with Marvel...

Thor is a God. The End.

Epilogue: The only person/mutant who stands a chance is Rogue. And, since Rogue could absorb his powers AND she's smokin' HAWT I say Rogue FTW because hawtness is distracting to anything with a working penis.

Rogue. The End End.

This latest image seems to confirm that Wolvie's on the Avengers' side. As well as Beast.

And current X-Man & former Captain America ally , Namor , is sidin' w/the muties.

Does anyone think that any one of these characters might be posing as a 'sleeper agent' for the other side? Or might they , or someone else , switch sides at some point during this conflict?

This latest image seems to confirm that Wolvie's on the Avengers' side. As well as Beast.

And current X-Man & former Captain America ally , Namor , is sidin' w/the muties.

Does anyone think that any one of these characters might be posing as a 'sleeper agent' for the other side? Or might they , or someone else , switch sides at some point during this conflict?

Marvel has already hinted that some people may jump sides during the actual conflict. I would assume that X-Men not wanting to get their butts handed to them will be eager to join the Avengers winning side. Just sayin'.

By the way, check out this interesting tid-bit!
IronPhoenix.png

X-Men are in (more) trouble! HA!

So I'm curious if anyone went out and bought this series? If so, what did ya think?

Honestly, I probably haven't bought a comic book in over 10 years, but I was intrigued enough that I decided to go out to my local comic book store on the day issue #1 came out. Of course as luck would have it, they had some sort of Avengers vs X-Men "party" the night before at midnight or something and were already sold out of issue #1. I didn't feel like going back in and getting a second printing or anything so I wound up not buying any issues. :ranty:

It's getting to the point that I'm so behind in all of my books that I'll have the entire collection before I'll start reading them.

I've been digging it so far! I still say the Scarlet Witch will be the Phoenix when the dust settles.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back