• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

barefoot adventurer

Breygon

TMF Regular
I'm currently writing (more just brainstorming) a medieval fantasy/Dungeons & Dragons-esc story, and one of the main protagonists is a young human (or maybe half-elf) female rogue who goes barefoot. I'm kind of stuck as to 'why' she might do that. Would it be simple poverty (hence why she became a thief-type to begin with)? could it help her balance? stealth? (no hard-soled boots after all) helps her climb? work in the dark better? spiritual/chi/heavenly balance? (not thinking that one is likely; she's not likely an atheist or anything, she just doesn't think about that sort of stuff really).
And also, I'd like any ideas as to some "tactile" descriptions; what does it feel like to walk barefoot on cobblestone streets, through the woods? in caves or dungeons?
I'm sure at least some tickling will work it's way in there somewhere, so don't worry too much. ;)

would like any sort of info/ideas from you all on the internet. Thanks in advance.

I'd say any of the reasons you listed there are perfectly valid, especially poverty if she's only recently started thieving and hasn't had the chance to snatch a pair or get the coin to buy some. That'd even be compounded if she's young enough that she's still growing, she might have simply outgrown any she had had before. From my experience barefooting frequently, I might suggest the more practical reason that not wearing shoes gives me a greater sense of where I am. If she does the same then she could keep her eyes on her target or look out for someone trying to spot her while she feels her way underfoot.

As to your request for descriptions, I think I can help there, too. Stone streets are often sun-warmed, which, if you're like be and relish getting to feel things, it's really comforting. They're worn, but they're not entirely smooth. And they're often uneven, so there's a bit of fun skipping over them, keeping balance, all that stuff...

The woods are trickier because there's so many kinds of woods. Some are VERY nice walking through. Soft, mossy ground, crunching leaves... And now I suddenly want to find a forest to stroll through again. Some are more challenging, of course... ones that're overgrown with thorns or briers. But I'm nuts. The challenge is kinda what calls to me.

Caves on the other hand can be VERY fun. Smooth, slick stones that are all damp and cool just like everything else. Dungeons, I imagine, aren't too dissimilar. They're just built rather than eaten away by eons of water.

She could also be the unfortunate victim of some kind of prank curse that causes any footwear she adorns to deteriorate nigh-instantaneously.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back