• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Baseball fans-should Larry Bowa be fired?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
This is a post for Phillies fans, and baseball fans in general. The question is: Do you think Larry Bowa should be fired, or with all the injuries the team has had, is their record not his fault?
As most know on here, Iam an Atlanta Braves fan. Here's my take on the Phillies, as I hear a lot about them, since I dont live far from Philadelphia, and get all the TV stations from there.
While the Phillies have admittedly had many key injuries this year, injuries are a part of the game, and the Phillies have definitely underachieved this year. My Braves have had seasons when they have been missing key players for whole seasons, and still went to the playoffs, such as in 1999 when their first baseman Andres Galaragga missed the whole year due to cancer, and in 2000 when their now ace relief pitcher John Smoltz missed the whole season due to reconstructive arm surgery. In addition, we are in first place in the National League East this year having had our second baseman out for two months with a broken collarbone, and other major injuries.
In my opinion, while the Phillies have had injuries, and Atlanta has admittedly played far beyond expectations this year, the Phillies were built to win the Eastern Division and get to the playoffs this year. The division is Atlanta's unless the Braves have an absolute collapse. (Not likely) and the wild card is looking less and less likely with each Phillies loss. While one cannot blame the manager solely, the booing at Citizens Bank Park on the last homestand indicates that the fans have had it with both Bowa and the play of this team. Philly should at least win the wild card if nothing else, but unless they get very hot, and several other teams collapse, that probably wont happen either.
I think the question now really is whether Bowa should be fired now, or they will wait til the end of the season. Quite frankly, Iam surprised that the Phils have stayed with him this long. It will be interesting to see if a few more losses and fading further out of the wild card race will seal Mr Bowa's fate. If I were the General Manager, it would be a tough call to make. Part of me says to fire Bowa now, and try to get a little run started, with a bit of good feeling at the end of the season, even if they dont make the wild card, and then yet another part says it may be disruptive, to wait til the end of the season, let him go then, and start with the winter plans.
Of course, I'm not Phillies management, but my gut tells me that from their actions in the last few days, that the Phillies are going to keep Bowa until season's end, and let him go then. I could be wrong, but this is just my gut. I think if he was going to be fired, it would have been done by the end of the last completed stretch of home games where they played so awful. Baseball fans, and anyone else who knows and cares, what do you think? Should Larry be fired now, at season's end. or is it not his fault with all the injuries Philly has, and should he be kept for next year? I will be interested to hear reaction. Thanks.

Mitch

Larry Bowa will be spitting sunflower seeds in the home dugout at Fenway Park next season. You heard it here first.

Interesting. You might very well be right, considering the Sox disappointing season this year. I'll be very surprised if he's back with the Phillies, unless they get VERY hot and unexpectedly win the wild card.

Mitch

What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back