• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Baseball Trade Deadline Deals

You've got that completely backwards. The Dodgers got the best of this deal, then the Red Sox, with the Pirates the losers.

The Dodgers didn't give away anyone off their 25-man roster, and added one of the best hitters in baseball (Yes, he still is). They just bought the NL West for... Wait, they aren't even paying him! Not only did they get the Red Sox to pay Manny, but got them to add in 2 of the prospects going to Pittsburgh. Highway robbery!

All true points, but the Dodgers still aren't going anywhere. This move MIGHT buy them their division, but they still might not finish above .500 and theres a VERY good change that they won't make it past the WC round. I still think they have NO chance of reaching or winning the WS. It's a lateral move, not forward. Plus, they now have 5 OF's on their active roster, one too many and two who are downright awful.

Manny will probably bolt to NY in FA. Even if he stays, he's 36 going on 37. The Dodgers continue to spend big bucks on old and fading stars (see Nomar, Jeff Kent, Andruw 'Jabba' Jones, Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, and dare I mention Kevin Brown?)

The Dodgers aren't going anywhere, with or without this trade. That's all I'm saying. And the Bucs... well they're just desperate to restock their pathetic farm system. The fact that they got 4 players for Bay is amazing. Although I'd have prefered if they got Niemann and Brignac from the Rays.

You do know the cubs are only 4 up right?

5 up. And they just swept the Brew crew without breaking a sweat. The fav's are clearly LAA and CHC right now.

Although the NL is a crapshoot every year and the Cubs are fighting a 100 year curse; they clearly have the best assembled team and coaching staff of any competitor at the moment.

Add to the fact that every other team in the race really didn't help themselves at the deadline (other than 'the Crew') and have glaring weaknesses and I would say that this is the Cubbies year.

All true points, but the Dodgers still aren't going anywhere. This move MIGHT buy them their division, but they still might not finish above .500 and theres a VERY good change that they won't make it past the WC round. I still think they have NO chance of reaching or winning the WS. It's a lateral move, not forward. Plus, they now have 5 OF's on their active roster, one too many and two who are downright awful.

Manny will probably bolt to NY in FA. Even if he stays, he's 36 going on 37. The Dodgers continue to spend big bucks on old and fading stars (see Nomar, Jeff Kent, Andruw 'Jabba' Jones, Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, and dare I mention Kevin Brown?)

The Dodgers aren't going anywhere, with or without this trade. That's all I'm saying. And the Bucs... well they're just desperate to restock their pathetic farm system. The fact that they got 4 players for Bay is amazing. Although I'd have prefered if they got Niemann and Brignac from the Rays.

The Dodgers have some good young position players in the likes of Loney, Kemp, and even Ethier who's a little older. None of them are difference makers, though. Manny should provide that huge middle of the lineup upgrade they've been starving for, but otherwise, you're right. They've pretty much cornered the market on aging former stars. Fortunately for them, their pitching remains strong.

If the Dodgers would just clean house and build around their young[er] talent (Kemp, Loney, Ethier, Martin, Billingsley, Broxton) and primo pitching staff they could conceivably be a legitimate threat.

Look at the D-Backs. Last year they won the division and reached the NLCS. This year they're struggling to stay .500 and win their division. They're taking their lumps and gaining valuable experience at the same time. They're one small tweak away (Teix in FA?) from the big time. This is the business model for a perennial contender, IMO.

Thanks for bringing up Russell Martin. Can't believe I forgot to mention him as far as their position players go.

This move MIGHT buy them their division... It's a lateral move, not forward.

Going from second to first in their division is a lateral move? You said 'they now have 5 OF's and two are awful'. That would mean you're admitting Manny is an upgrade to atleast one of their current outfielders.

Plus, they now have 5 OF's on their active roster, one too many and two who are downright awful.

Perfect. They'll have no problem figuring out who to start... and most if not all teams carry 5 OFs.

The Dodgers continue to spend big bucks on old and fading stars

They're not paying him. They actually cut salary in this deal because they're no longer paying LaRoche and Morris.

The Dodgers could potentially 2 months plus playoffs from a future Hall of Famer for free.

And the Bucs... well they're just desperate to restock their pathetic farm system. The fact that they got 4 players for Bay is amazing.

Don't look at the fact that they got 4 players. Look at the players they did get. They're terrible.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back