• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Behold! The Awesome Power of Cheese!

I'm pretty sure for those that think that powdered orange salt is cheese, its called "Fitting."

Oh, I know it's not all cheese, silly. I figure it was maybe 1% cheddar or something. Besides, you're not a dirty, lowly Kraft person, so I doubt you'd ever know the joy of licking your cheeto dust covered fingers clean after polishing off a bag. Cheese 1%er over here :p

thebigcheese_491_detail_2008_general.jpg

Not sure if its exported to the States, but Meredith's Goats Cheese is seriously super delicious.

I love a good blue cheese too.

Problem is Ive become a little lactose intolerant, the arch nemesis of the cheese lover. But my cheesing days shall continue. If you can get onto some Meredith's though, you wont regret it.

Oh, I know it's not all cheese, silly. I figure it was maybe 1% cheddar or something.

When I was a teen I had a summer job as a 'security guard' and one post was at a well-known brand factory that made snacks. They made cheezy snacks similar to Cheetos, and yes, technically they use 'real' cheese - it was shipped from an industrial Wisconsin cheese-maker in cardboard cylinders the size of truck tires and was the most neon orange you ever saw (almost hurt to look at it). All cheddars are white, and an orange coloring agent is added to some for aesthetics. But this was over the top because the cheese was eventually diluted; ground up with a ton of salt and fillers to make a mountain of that dry powder you lick off your fingers.

I have nothing against cheese flavored snack foods. But the reality is you're eating more cornstarch and salt than cheese - and the 'cheese' itself is barely cheese by definition only.

So back on topic... I highly recommend Ardsallagh Hard Goat's Cheese from Ireland, which is a hard, salty cheese, with a nutty flavor. That and a pocket knife with your favorite movie, and its all the snack you need.

...Problem is Ive become a little lactose intolerant, the arch nemesis of the cheese lover. ...

If its lactose intolerance, stick with goats or sheep cheeses, which seem to have less of an effect, if any at all.

I'd never heard of Cheetos until this thread and now all of a sudden I get an email offering a free packet!!

If anyone else wants a free packet of Cheetos, you can download a voucher here

http://imovo.org/Templates/keystore/keystore.aspx?vnum=69553324

lol!

To think that this thread started as a nice, informative thing about different types of cheese... And now it's gotten to: Who wants a free packet of Cheetos!

Amazing. Love it when threads go wonky. I'm just glad I'm not the OP!

Sooner or later we're all going to get a bit cheesed off with this saga.

Cheese (or awareness and appreciation of cheese) is often considered as something appreciated by the cultured among us. Whatever that means.

I do remember being offered a cheese board many years ago when I was a student and being utterly bemused by the fact that there was a basic cheddar, a basic blue cheese, a basic red Leicester and a basic brie on offer and that this was being presented as a final course of a meal, displayed on some pretentious wooden board as the 'cheese course' ......whereas to me, this selection of cheese was just standard refrigerated rolling stock!!

That's the Brits for you, any excuse for a bit of pomp and tradition :)

How's about the TV commercial a few years back, where, on Christmas morning a young girl had an enormous amount of wonderful presents. The parents asked "how did this happen?" And the young girl says..."Cheese". (Referring to Santa Claus......)

Next time, stick a laughing emoticon in your reply and I'll send you some really pure Gouda.

Made myself wince slightly reading that back lol. Hopefully it didn't come across snarky. (Sometimes I worry if I haven't peppered my comment with lols and silly faces that people might not realize I'm just messing around! It's happened before. :ermm:)

I do remember being offered a cheese board many years ago when I was a student and being utterly bemused by the fact that there was a basic cheddar, a basic blue cheese, a basic red Leicester and a basic brie on offer and that this was being presented as a final course of a meal, displayed on some pretentious wooden board as the 'cheese course' ......whereas to me, this selection of cheese was just standard refrigerated rolling stock!!

Cheese snob! (And here comes the face... :p Heh.)

I know what you mean though. It's like at Christmas when you can't think of anything to get yer nan...I know, I'll get her a little hamper-type thing with a tiny cheese board and a selection of different cheeses and chutneys... Cos it's considered posh, I suppose lol. And then you give her the present. And she has to pretend to be pleased. And you have to convince yourself that her reaction was genuine. And then you catch sight of the little cheese board from the last hamper you gave her. And you feel bad for being a shit grandson. Or maybe that's just me, I dunno. lol

Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, shaved prosciutto, fresh summer tomato and basil from the garden on home baked crusty semolina bread drizzled with olive oil.

Heaven.

Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, shaved prosciutto, fresh summer tomato and basil from the garden on home baked crusty semolina bread drizzled with olive oil.

That was sounding great... But then I found myself pulling faces at the mention of semolina lol. For a lot of people in Britain it tends to have negative connotations, i.e. dodgy school dinners - "soggy semolina" pudding and all that. It could certainly do with an image overhaul!

That was sounding great... But then I found myself pulling faces at the mention of semolina lol. For a lot of people in Britain it tends to have negative connotations, i.e. dodgy school dinners - "soggy semolina" pudding and all that. It could certainly do with an image overhaul!

I assure you, the little Italy crusty semolina bread I'm referring to has little in common with 'soggy semolina pudding'. Its more like a cracking French baguette, but with more balls... and has sesame seeds. I assume what you are describing is more in the rubbery polenta department.

My faves are artisan Cheddar, any good blue cheese, and the creme de la creme, fresh mozzarella! Smoked Gouda or Mozzarella are not too shabby either.

Saw Gouda being made in The Netherlands some years back. Fascinating!

What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back