• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Can I convert WMV files to RM files?

renny

TMF Regular
I have a question for the computer-savvy people here. I haven't been able to download Windows Media Player to my computer, so I'm wondering, can Media Player clips be opened and played using RealPlayer, (which I have)?

I don't think that you can just open a *.wmv in realplayer, but you can always try. Either by using the open file option in real player or right clicking the file and using the open with option.

I think that you would need a program to convert from one to the other. I am having the opposite problem. I like to see my clips on my tv, but my dvd burner software will not recognize *.rm or *.ram, which most of my clips are in, so I have to convert them to either *.mpeg or *.wmv, which is a pain.

IT is possible

About a year ago I wanted to do the same thing but for music and after searching I found a program that did just what yoiu are asking for.I found it at zd net downloads or one of those download sites. Anyways, it was share ware and it allowed me to use it as a trial and it worked perfectly!!! So I know they are out there you just have to search

Db

renny said:
I have a question for the computer-savvy people here. I haven't been able to download Windows Media Player to my computer, so I'm wondering, can Media Player clips be opened and played using RealPlayer, (which I have)?

As long as i know, the last Real Player version 10.5 is able to show nearly every video formats (except maybe some DivX or rare video files types).
For example, i use it myself for showing .MOV and .QT files because the original QuickTime player isn't able to show clips in full size (only 200%).
But Real Player 10.5 is able to play all these video formats :
.RM, .MPG, .AVI, .WMV, .MOV, .QT and many others.
When installing Real Player 10.5, you can setup the files types you wish to associate/open with it by default.

Thing is, my computer is a Mac 9.1 (and no snide comments from the anti-Mac people, please), so I can't get higher than the 7.1 RealPlayer. I imported some WMV clips to this computer and obviously, when I tried to open them, it gave me the "Open With" menu of options. I chose RealPlayer, the player window came up, but then a box popped that said "RealPlayer needs to download new software." So I guess I'll have to find a high-speed connection in a library to hook into (I'm living with my parents now and I use their computer for the Internet)

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back