• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dexter Season Finale

Whoviantrekkie

TMF Master
......Oh my God...that was...

......I mean...I mean Jesus...That's all I can really say.:wow::wow::wow::wow:

Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Dex is going to have a serious hate on going into the next season.

Don't want to spoil for others... but that was gut wrenching :sadcry: *no pun intended*

SHUUTTTTTT UUUUPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! *plus ears, covers eyes, purposely gives himself brain freeze*

SHUUTTTTTT UUUUPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! *plus ears, covers eyes, purposely gives himself brain freeze*

Rofl! Sorry man! I don't think we've given anything away... but get your butt busy and watch it! :wow:

DEXTER KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!111

Hey shut up you guys! It would be a travesty if Marquis found out prematurely that this whole time Darth Vader was Dexter's father, he and Rita are really brother and sister, and that as a child Dexter built C-3PO!

I think Season 4 was by far my favourite of the series :thumbsup:

This plot twist was great not only because it was completely unexpected but because it really was earned and put a button on the overarching theme of the season: free will v. unavoidable fate. Dexter's experience with Trinity made him realize he wanted to become a better person, control his demons, and craft a better future. However, the essence of Trinity is unavoidable fate, a man powerless against his demons who must repeat the same actions in an endless cycle. So the question to be resolved in the finale is whether Dexter, a man who to this point in his life has merely accepted and done the bidding of his dark passenger, can control his own destiny or not. And just when you think that question has been answered...

^couldn't have said it better myself... was really very very well done. Makes the last scene with Trinity even more powerful too if you go back and watch it. As horrifying as it was, it's almost poetic...

The writers for this show are absolutely brilliant. I can't even imagine the story board they must have and the genius it took to create this intricate web.

I've heard some people say that they think (or that they hope) the final scene is just a dream or imagination. I'm convinced the show is much too smart for something soap-opera-esk as that.

This leaves so many possibilities for Season 5, I literally cannot wait.

Whew. I managed to stay away from this thread. I just watched it last night. HOLY CRAP!!! HARRISON KILLED RITA!!!1111 :shock:

In seriousness though...is it bad I saw it coming? :(

Whew. I managed to stay away from this thread. I just watched it last night. HOLY CRAP!!! HARRISON KILLED RITA!!!1111 :shock:

In seriousness though...is it bad I saw it coming? :(

LOL! I had a feeling something like that would happen too... but I'd be lying if I said I "saw it coming" the way that it did :wow: Crazy show! Best season so far yet, IMO :D

I'm just gonna say I called this one about half way into the season. They were making Rita too annoying. It was obvious. At least to me. I still think the show is amazing and in no way am I complaining about the season. Loved it! It sucks SO HARD that it'll be 9 months until next season. :(

The writers kept dropping hints pretty early on that SOMETHING was going to happen involving either just her or his family. When Dex and Rita had their scene in bed, and were happy, I knew she might as well have just kicked a bucket.

Makes me wonder if she'll appear like his dad does. As far as hate goes, nah. Good ol' Dex doesn't have that. He accepted it was fate, just as Trinity did.

As far as hate goes, nah. Good ol' Dex doesn't have that. He accepted it was fate, just as Trinity did.
I don't agree. Arthur used "fate" as an excuse. He dodged responsibility for his actions by persuading himself that it was unavoidable.

Dex doesn't do that. He's all about choices. I think that Rita's death is going to cut him loose from the humanity that he was finding through his family, and make him more vicious than ever.

I don't agree. Arthur used "fate" as an excuse. He dodged responsibility for his actions by persuading himself that it was unavoidable.

Dex doesn't do that. He's all about choices. I think that Rita's death is going to cut him loose from the humanity that he was finding through his family, and make him more vicious than ever.

Ah, but Dex's VO did say that in HIS opinion, Arthur was right and that it was fate. It may have been an excuse (which it is), but Dexter's character believes it, or at least he did at the end of that eipisode.

As for his humanity, well, at least he has the kids and Debra.

Well, if you look at the sequence of events, I think it's pretty clear that the "fate" he was referring to was Rita's death.

The thing is, Dexter's whole approach to being a serial killer is that there are certain people who deserve to die. That's what the Code is all about (well, that and not getting caught). He bases everything he does on the idea that people are morally accountable for their actions (he excuses his own actions with the rationalization that he only kills "monsters").

If he takes Arthur's "fate" approach, practically everything that makes him what he is goes out the window. He doesn't follow the Code anymore - just kills whomever he's "fated" to kill (like Arthur did).

I could see him turning away from the path to humanity, deciding that being what he is is "fated." But I don't think it's possible for him to go the way Arthur did with it.

As for the kids, I predict that he won't keep them. He MIGHT keep Harrison, but look for Rita's kids to go to their grandparents or another relative. Not only would it be impossible for him to do what he needs to do and take care of three kids by himself, but I don't think he'll want to now. I think he's decided that family ties are liabilities.

Well, if you look at the sequence of events, I think it's pretty clear that the "fate" he was referring to was Rita's death.

The thing is, Dexter's whole approach to being a serial killer is that there are certain people who deserve to die. That's what the Code is all about (well, that and not getting caught). He bases everything he does on the idea that people are morally accountable for their actions (he excuses his own actions with the rationalization that he only kills "monsters").

If he takes Arthur's "fate" approach, practically everything that makes him what he is goes out the window. He doesn't follow the Code anymore - just kills whomever he's "fated" to kill (like Arthur did).

I could see him turning away from the path to humanity, deciding that being what he is is "fated." But I don't think it's possible for him to go the way Arthur did with it.

As for the kids, I predict that he won't keep them. He MIGHT keep Harrison, but look for Rita's kids to go to their grandparents or another relative. Not only would it be impossible for him to do what he needs to do and take care of three kids by himself, but I don't think he'll want to now. I think he's decided that family ties are liabilities.

Agreed. Man I can't wait 9 months!! What am I supposed to watch 'til then?!

Well, I managed to stay away from this thread for over 8 months just so I wouldn't catch any spoilers. We just saw the season 4 finale tonight. And hell yeah I was shocked at the ending! But I knew something was coming when I saw there was a thread up dedicated the season finale.
Was gonna buy season 4 this Tuesday when it comes out, but just ordered Shotime instead. And season 5 is a little over a month away!(Sept. 26)

Drew

I had added the show on my facebook page. While I tried to avoid catching any details until now, I did see a comment about Dex struggling to deal with Rita's death. So, once Dex & Trinity began the serious sparring, I figured that was going to be how she went. I have to admit that I was upset about it. While scheduling constraints proved stressful, I thought that Rita and the kids provided a balancing influence on Dex. Now...? I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I suspect that he's going to lose control, at least for a while. There were several hints to that loss of control already...the mess-ups on the kill attempts, breaking the lights, slugging the neighbor, losing it with the Quinn & the deputies, going off on Trinity, etc. So, I think it's going to be quite the challenge to reel himself back in. The fact that Rita and the kids were helping him "become more human" and feel things is likely to work against him since he'll feel this more.

I'm also curious to see what happens between Dex and Deb. She seemed to know that things didn't fit when they found him in Trinity's garage. I doubt that's just going to fade into the background.

Season 5 should be exciting!

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back