• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

DO NOT Go Soft In The Wake Of American Casualties Overseas, Please!

GuitarPeteTklr

TMF Regular
I keep hearing all this "anti-war sentiment" in the news as a response to the American casualties that resulted from the peril of their military station overseas and it is beginning to incense Me. I hope that we, as a nation, have truly not gone that soft, since our forefathers shed their blood to ensure our current freedom and lifestyle!

First, a moment of reflection, prayer (regardless of your creed), and condolence for the families of the deceased military service personnel. Although it might not be said often or loud enough, I think I can safely speak for THE MAJORITY of Americans, when I express our sorrow for your loss. NONE of us like to lose loved ones, even when we KNOW their occupation is the defense of our great nation. Take solace in the fact that those who gave their lives, and continue to risk their lives are HEROES in the eyes of WE who they departed from, we ALL are grateful (even though SOME of us lose sight of that, in the process of extolling our liberal views), and that their sacrifice(s) represent(s) milestone(s) in making the world, once again, safe for democracy. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and may your higher power(s) bless those departed and at risk, their families, and their friends!

Moving forward...WE MUST NOT RELENT! ELSE TERRORISM WINS! War isn't fun...war isn't glamorous, war isn't pretty...war is he**...and we didn't draw first blood! They did! Stay righteous! Be prepared to make some more sacrifice...heightened security at airports, higher scrutiny for citizenship requirements when seeking vital personal documents, employment, etc., being prepared to accomodate a MODEST dose of "racial profiling" (Dave2112, et. al. covered this one pretty well in another post here in the General Forum) in the interest in national security and safety...and together we will make GOOD triumph over EVIL! The alternative is unrelenting terror and eventually, total anarchy.

We already know what 7 or 8 recently departed military service people are willing to pay to pass the legacy of American freedom on to the balance of our lives and the lives of our children, both born and still to be born. I am ready to pay with My own life, if that is what will best accomplish this manifest destiny. We already know (or perhaps, in SOME cases, take for granted) what the value of such a lifestyle brings! I hope most of the balance of you are prepared to make the same sacrifice. I have spoke with some folks here who ALREADY HAVE served this country in the manner in which we speak in the chatrooms. Those who have already served have already done us proud! And might even do so again, if called upon to do so!

Let's stay united! I love ALL who love freedom and/or our American lifestyle and respect those foreigners who respect us. I tolerate those who don't respect us, lest they have no respect for themselves either, and I despise those who have, do and will commit heinous acts to bring terror or harm to us! Please don't go soft in the wake of the sacrifice of some military lives! They all died doing what makes ALL of us proud! They are HEROES! Let us be prepared to make reasonable future sacrifice of military lives and accept that! Such is the business of war! And remember...at the current rate of attrition, America and its allies WILL SURELY prevail! Keep your heads and your flags high! Mourn our dead to closure! But don't mourn long enough to despair! Be proud and spirited and fight back! I sincerely believe if those who passed on in this and other conflicts were able to speak to us now, the above is what they would request. To relent would mean they died in vain. I AM NOT WILLING to let their sacrifice be in vain, and I hope the rest of you are not either!

I am proud to be an American!

GuitarPeteTklr

Last edited:
Here Here!!!

I feel the same way Pete. You can not simply hope that the terrorits will go away. They will not!!!
If we leave maybe there won't be fighting anymore, umm I don't think so. The fighting in the moutains only presses home the point that the war in Afganistan is still raging on...
Even if we are momentarily allowed to forget and watch the Olympics and hope that all is right with the world, but unfortunately that is not the case. We must keep our guards up, airports must still be kept secured, borders tightened.
Anyway, I agree with what Pete is saying here.
Great thread Pete!

This is why Y-Wings come with proton bombs.:D

A whole lot of the anti-war sentiment is coming from the press themselves.Many of them are still pissed that Bush is president,and have no problem trying to dump on his head.We were warned that this will take years,and that the hard part is yet to come.I personally equate the press with a freshly used toilet....full of shit.

shark said:
A whole lot of the anti-war sentiment is coming from the press themselves.Many of them are still pissed that Bush is president,and have no problem trying to dump on his head.We were warned that this will take years,and that the hard part is yet to come.I personally equate the press with a freshly used toilet....full of shit.

Typical left-wing media. I watch FoxNews.

GROW soft??? We already are!

I agree with the comments about the media. They DO tend to be full of shit. However, we as a nation tend to be just as bad in some respects. We have grown lazy and apathetic. How else would the situation be prevelant in so many places...bearing many different faces.

While we waste more than all others combined...people all over the world starve to death. While we sit in our nice cozy comparitively safe neighborhoods...others can't walk out their doors without fear of kidnapping, torture and death. While we consider it a hardship to be without our phone, cable or internet for a day...others have the real hardship of no food or shelter.

We as a nation have sat and ignored the problems of the world around us, making only token gestures of aid. The problems we face today are largely those we have allowed to plague other nations for years. The wounds have grown and festered...as have our own.

It's time to lance the wound. It's time to stand up and be counted. It's time to stop being spoiled crybabies and DO something. Will there be a cost? Yes...as we've already seen all too painfully. Is it worth the cost? I believe that it is.

I feel for all those innocents who have been and will be lost...and for those they leave behind. I pray for their peace. And, even as I raise my head in pride for them, I hang it in shame at the guilt I share in allowing it to come to this.

Ann

.......I feel for all those innocents who have been and will be lost...and for those they leave behind. I pray for their peace. And, even as I raise my head in pride for them, I hang it in shame at the guilt I share in allowing it to come to this.,,,

Amen, Ann.

This war has been going on since the Yom Kippur War in 1973. The enemy has nibbled at us: a few Marines here, an old man in a wheelchair there, an embassy somewhere else. We've responded with drive by shootings from submarines, when we've paid attention at all.

The 9/11 attack got our attention. We've dealt the enemy a knock-down blow. Now's the time to kick him in the nuts, then put our boot on the back of his neck and grind his face into the dirt. There will be no ambiguity in anyone's mind - least of all his - as to who won.

THAT'S the way to destroy terrorism, not feel-good fiddling with "root causes". What matters to our fanatical enemies is ascendancy. They had it. We have it now. God willing, we'll keep it until we've won.

Strelnikov

Strelnikov said:
THAT'S the way to destroy terrorism, not feel-good fiddling with "root causes". What matters to our fanatical enemies is ascendancy. They had it. We have it now. God willing, we'll keep it until we've won.

Strelnikov

Strel...I get the impression that this was in response to my comments. Let me make something perfectly clear. I agree that these guys need to be wiped from the face of the earth. However, unless we as a people are willing to stop being such selfish SOBs, we're just going to have to repeat this down the road. Politics is just one of the ways we manipulate things to keep what we want. It isn't the cause, but a tool. Do you want to have to go through this again? I sure the hell don't!

Ann

I also have a problem with ticklingduo's response.We already do supply plenty of foreign aid to other countries,and many times get kicked in the nuts in return. My second observation is that many of these under developed countries are that way because of their own governments or cultures,for which we are not in the least responsible.
We have enough problems here with welfare without making other countries our pet welfare projects,especially when many of them would just as soon see us all dead.
The Al-Queda never said that they wanted our money,foreign aid,or anything but our end of supporting Israel and our deaths.Buying them off won't work since they don't care about our wealth in the first place,and they can kiss my ass before they tell me who my allies should be.
The only thing we did to allow this was to ignore the terrorist problem over the years and choose allies that these dickheads don't approve of.I see nothing to be ashamed of,and feel no guilt except for our own lack of action in the past to smash these dickheads in the first place.

Also today, a report that the soldier who fell out of that helicopter was seen by a Predator drone.He was captured alive by the Al-Queda or Taliban and executed.Need I continue on my ideas about those poor,
mistreated,deprived fuckheads we are sustaining in Guantanamo Bay at Camp Xray?

Ann, I've said this before, but it bears repeating. We're fighting a war of cultures. Ours stands for constitutional government, rule of law, and respect for the political, religious and economic rights of individuals; it has created wealthy societies in which everyone has a significant degree of control over their own lives. Theirs, like the Evil Empire of the Soviets, is our enemy not because of what they do, but because of what they are, and what they stand for.

We can't buy these people off. We can only kill off the most fanatical. As for the rest, Allah Akbar! God is Great! And our victory will prove that He's on OUR side. That may encourage them, by example, to adopt our values in place of their own. Once they do that, they're on their way to civilization and eventual freedom and prosperity. And that's what scares the shit out of the Mullahs.

Strelnikov

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back