• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Do you refuse to suck a binky, and hate the word PWN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helena

Level of Tangerine Feather
I get the feeling that I'm one of the hold outs on the forum that enjoys tickling without sucking on a baby binky, or using the phrase PWN.

I'm definitely a heterosexual woman, and I don't live a submissive lifestyle. I'm just a lee. I like tickling with or without bondage. I just love tickling in general, and for the longest time, I've felt the freedom to enjoy this site in so many wonderful ways.

I used to really enjoy the tickling discussion, but since I'm not into the whole group scene, like going to "hump" and "omnomnom" everyone for a weekend grope, all loose and lite-like, I feel perhaps the site has changed enough to no longer meet my needs.

I have no idea how other people feel about the shift in culture on the forum, or even if it matters to anyone but me. I expect that this will be an unpopular post, and that I am in the minority.

I don't understand why you care so much what other people are doing?

I care about the forum, and the other people on it. I have made some nice friends here, and I've noticed many changes in culture here. Seeing how others act and behave has made me evaluate what I do and do not want for myself.

When I visit the forum, why should I not look at what others are doing?

I care about the forum, and the other people on it. I have made some nice friends here, and I've noticed many changes in culture here. Seeing how others act and behave has made me evaluate what I do and do not want for myself.

When I visit the forum, why should I not look at what others are doing?

Well I guess what I meant was, how does the fact that people do or don't use words you don't use, or suck on a binky, change whether the forum meets your needs?

I don't understand how it impacts you in any way...

Well, really, that's the reason we're here, isn't it? To find folks of similar interests. We gather here to find people who feel the same way we do, and do the same things we do -- people with whom we share something.

As dissimilarities emerge and become more prominently expressed or even reach fad level, it's only reasonable to expect some questioning with regard to whether or not one truly belongs here.

Helena is doing what she should in reaction -- she's expressing herself. And in so doing, she'll find more folks who feel the same way, she'll sense greater unity again, and balance will be achieved.

Ebb and flow, folks.

Actually I'm sure this thread will be quite popular.There will always be people who are put off by newer cultural activities that they don't enjoy or care to embrace, and that can make them feel out of the loop and defensive. Hell, my grandmother STILL hates the word 'groovy' and will pinch you for saying 'chill out' but she'll 'slip me some skin'. Go figure :p Meanwhile, this place is big enough for everyone, from those who use pwn to those who those who despise lolcats and have no idea what facestairs are, to enjoy themselves and express who they are without everyone being mean to each other. I've been here since 2001; you're only an outsider if you choose to exclude yourself. Be yourself; if you're comfortable in your own skin you won't worry what others are doing :smilestar

I do think this kind of crankiness the night before a Day of Thanks is a bit oblong, but that's just me... :ermm:

Non issue for me. To each his/her own is what having this fetish taught me. I totally respect your thoughts on the subject and you are more than justified to feel any way you'd like to. Each thread is made up of a different personality in each different post. Other than someone being a complete douche to another strictly to hurt them, I accept everyone's opinions, personality, quirks and what it brings to the community, whether I like the person or not. :)

I used to really enjoy the tickling discussion, but since I'm not into the whole group scene, like going to "hump" and "omnomnom" everyone for a weekend grope, all loose and lite-like, I feel perhaps the site has changed enough to no longer meet my needs.

Waitaminute, the last hump and omnomnom weekend grope was at MY house darn it, I resemble these remarks! :slapfight: :triangle:

By the way, none of the people in this thread seem to use words like pwn, and only one of them sucks a binky that I know of :)

You don't have to change or use slang terms or hump anyone's leg, Helena. I happen to like you just the way you are and I'm not gonna change. I don't use the slang terms or have a binky. If and when you and I ever meet I will just simply hug you and plant a wet kiss on your earlobe. That is my way. If others get a bit more physical in their greating and it's mutual then by all means let them. That is their way. It won't change you, me, or any other of our friends. 80,000 people belong here and with a few exceptions this is still a great place to talk, have fun, and share ideas. So please don't leave. It would be less brighter here with you gone.

I agree with you Helena and I can understand where your coming from. I don't even pretend to understand what "numanum" or whatever means. A lot of this new internet slang often has me scratching my head.

Also, what is it with baby pacifiers? Not even just here, but with teens in general. What, exactly, am I missing? Oh well, whatever.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it Helena.

Also, what is it with baby pacifiers? Not even just here, but with teens in general. What, exactly, am I missing?

They became a fad over the last 10 yrs or so, largely due to raves. Some glow in the dark, some are made of candy...it's just fun and frankly soothing for people with a bit of an oral fixation, which is a LOT of people :fish:

One of the funniest things in the world to me is a smoker picking on some teen or 20-something with a binky :rowfull:

Well, really, that's the reason we're here, isn't it? To find folks of similar interests. We gather here to find people who feel the same way we do, and do the same things we do -- people with whom we share something.

As dissimilarities emerge and become more prominently expressed or even reach fad level, it's only reasonable to expect some questioning with regard to whether or not one truly belongs here.

Helena is doing what she should in reaction -- she's expressing herself. And in so doing, she'll find more folks who feel the same way, she'll sense greater unity again, and balance will be achieved.

Ebb and flow, folks.
As usual Capnmad just easily said what my ramblings were trying to say.

Let me explain, if I can, what bugs me about this thread. It's the notion that the way someone else acts can somehow ruin the forum for you. Believe me when I tell you, there are plenty of people on this forum who conduct themselves in ways that I don't like.

And I'll be honest with you, it annoys me a little bit when people use huge, purple letters to post. :) But that's just me... you have a right to act however you want here, and when you do, it doesn't change my experience in any way except that when I see a post by you, I might think to myself "Well that's not how I would do it if I were her."

And I just can't get behind this idea that somehow someone else using the word pwn, or even more remote, sucking on a binky, changes anything for you. How, sincerely, does it affect your forum experience in any way that people suck on a binky in real life? I'm pretty sure there's no answer to that question, and that's a big part of why this thread has me scratching my head.

You don't have to change or use slang terms or hump anyone's leg, Helena. I happen to like you just the way you are and I'm not gonna change. I don't use the slang terms or have a binky. If and when you and I ever meet I will just simply hug you and plant a wet kiss on your earlobe. That is my way. If others get a bit more physical in their greating and it's mutual then by all means let them. That is their way. It won't change you, me, or any other of our friends. 80,000 people belong here and with a few exceptions this is still a great place to talk, have fun, and share ideas. So please don't leave. It would be less brighter here with you gone.

Hi Handsome One,
Bwhahahahaha. I'll look forward to the earlobe kiss. :yayzorz::yayzorz:
With the place changing all the time, it's nice to know that I can ask questions about different things without a problem. I think communication is important when I'm trying to understand new things.

I don't suck a binky and don't use some of the new catch phrases. But, while I sometimes find it distracting, I don't get all worked up about those who do. Does it illustrate differences in what we're into? Sure. But, just as I won't leave because most of the guys are into feet and want to discuss that, I won't leave because someone uses terms I don't happen to use.

Having said that, however, I can understand that it might make some of the differences seem greater. But, there are 80,000 members here. Only a handful are doing this. Granted they tend to be more vocal than many others. But, they have yet to take over the entire forum. My plan of action? Keep on posting what we DO like and ARE interested in. I'm sure there are plenty who will come back out of the woodwork to respond.

In the words of John Paul 2... There is more that unites us that separates us.

Let me explain, if I can, what bugs me about this thread. It's the notion that the way someone else acts can somehow ruin the forum for you. Believe me when I tell you, there are plenty of people on this forum who conduct themselves in ways that I don't like.

And I'll be honest with you, it annoys me a little bit when people use huge, purple letters to post. :) But that's just me... you have a right to act however you want here, and when you do, it doesn't change my experience in any way except that when I see a post by you, I might think to myself "Well that's not how I would do it if I were her."

And I just can't get behind this idea that somehow someone else using the word pwn, or even more remote, sucking on a binky, changes anything for you. How, sincerely, does it affect your forum experience in any way that people suck on a binky in real life? I'm pretty sure there's no answer to that question, and that's a big part of why this thread has me scratching my head.

Jeff,
As owner of the website, I'll answer your question in more depth with respect in pm if you'd care to.
I feel like more and more of an outsider as the TMF incorporates many new subcultures, and I'm sure you are making fun of me and my purple lettering right now. That's part of the problem I think for me. If I'm not into all the latest trends, how dare I ask a question about it.
I guess where I once felt all nice and comfy I know feel unsure where I fit.

Jeff,
As owner of the website, I'll answer your question in more depth with respect in pm if you'd care to.
I feel like more and more of an outsider as the TMF incorporates many new subcultures, and I'm sure you are making fun of me and my purple lettering right now. That's part of the problem I think for me. If I'm not into all the latest trends, how dare I ask a question about it.

I'm not making fun of you, I'm trying to point out that everyone does things that are, to someone else, different or weird or not the way they would do it.

Do you see Jeff's point? Whether it be pwnd or big colorful lettering, signature pictures or photo manipulations, somebody somewhere will be put off because of them. And it won't effect my or your daily life one bit. It won't change your love of tickling or anything you like about this place. The stories and videos will still be here and so will your friends now or friends to come.

Jeff,

You didn't just innocently ask about the latest trends, Helena. Your first post, even the subject title, made it seem as though you feel victimized and alienated by the few people who behave as you described even though what they do shouldn't affect you. And when you talk about "weekend gropes" it sounds as though you're making fun of our gatherings. I hope you aren't :smilestar

Waitaminute, the last hump and omnomnom weekend grope was at MY house darn it, I resemble these remarks! :slapfight: :triangle:

And a lovely omnomhump it was. :yayzorz: Just a different strokes for different folks issue, I think... For some folks, it's a more private, intimate thing. And if they're feeling more alienated by perceived changes, they're going to describe the things that they feel alienate them with more extremity (Re: "weekend gropes").

I hope we're not further alienating by pouncing on poor choices of words.

By the way, none of the people in this thread seem to use words like pwn, and only one of them sucks a binky that I know of :)

Actually, by my estimation, you and Helena have a lot in common, here, Jeff... She values the Forum and the character of it that she has become accustomed to, and you value it innately, as the owner. You're both passionate about this place and your fetish. People don't typically make a fuss over something about which they don't care.

When you see something as invasive to something you love, it'll loom larger in your mind than maybe it needs to... Just because one group uses binkies and it may spawn some talk about it, or folks use lolspeak, it doesn't necessarily indicate a meaningful change in this place -- we still gather here out of a mutual interest, and that's a powerful and rare commonality.

But the differences can seem imposing and spur a large response, just as one thread expressing questioning and mild disillusionment (out of thousands of mundane threads) can perhaps loom large as an attack on the forum or where it's going in the minds of its guardians, perhaps, and result in unnecessarily defensive reactions...

The point is that you both love this place. One of you has questions. No shame in that. Cultures change, people make adjustments. Myriads covered this somewhere in another thread.

But it's not so much the substance of the changes that affects folks and spawns these reactions -- the real changes are pretty superficial and often limited. It's more the idea...

Sometimes, just the tiniest amount of brussel sprouts in the chocolate can make you question if you really want the chocolate. Sometimes, even the idea of the combination will make people shy away.

Wish I could stick around and help work this one out, folks, but I've got training. Play nice.

Luv ya all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back