• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Doctor Who (UK, US..anywhere fans here?)

dskodj

2nd Level Yellow Feather
I know in the past there were a few Who fans such as myself (Rajee being the one I recall most). Havent really posted in a while over here so I thought id start a thread again. For those who dont know..the show has been back for a while in the UK with the 9th doctor. Now before I get into any deep discussion...are there any fans out here that have been watching the new show religiously as ive been? Thank god for the internet..I own every 9th doctor episode to present and see em weekly thanks to it LOL. So, anyone out here?

I've seen them all so far apart from two. At first I hated it but it gradually won me over. The final episode this Saturday looks great. Half a million Daleks and all...

theshire said:
I've seen them all so far apart from two. At first I hated it but it gradually won me over. The final episode this Saturday looks great. Half a million Daleks and all...

Yes that cliffhanger at the end of last week's was great! I felt the same way you did when it first started but then it got back to the roots. Also, we may see the regeneration into the 10th doctor at the end of Sat's episode..me and a buddy of mine are kinda takin bids on it LOL.

The two parter where the fat aliens take over London was dire, but the others have been quite good. First time I've sat down to watch something on telly on a Saturday night in ages.

See the one with the kid with a gas mask for a face?

nerobob said:
The two parter where the fat aliens take over London was dire, but the others have been quite good. First time I've sat down to watch something on telly on a Saturday night in ages.

See the one with the kid with a gas mask for a face?

Yes..episode "Empty Child"..that was prob the 2nd best one yet..the first being whats goin on now. Im egarly awaiting the conclusion to the season end this Saturday and most of all wondering if we are gonna see the regeneration into the 10th doc now or if we gonna have to wait till the first episode of next season.

And to the other Whovian that has no british TV access...im from Arizona USA..I download em weekly on Emule and burn em to VCD to watch on my TV. They are out there within 4 hours after the broadcast goes over in the UK. All the docs were:

William Hatnell
Patrick Troughton
Jon Pertwee (who i got to meet at the Whovent '85 convention :), damn! 20 yrs ago!)
Tom Baker
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
The 1 episode TV Movie Guy (cant remember his name..but he sucked LOL)
and..now Christopher Eccelson..who is about to regenerate into David Tennant

Doctor Who? Yikes, I'm regressing!

I'm fortunate here in Michigan to watch the new episodes on CBC. Really takes me back to high school, watching Tom Baker episodes on public television. As opposed to the usual Trekkies, I was a complete Whovian. Had the hardcover reference books, the paperbacks, and a replica of Tom Baker's scarf.
I like how the new series has brought the show some new life. It should have been done a long time ago :happyfloa

The Sean Man

nerobob said:
The "one episode Movie guy" was Paul Mcgann.

Ahhh yea! Thats his name! Never can remember it offhand LOL. And Sean Man..what is CBC? Is that the Canadian BBC station? If it is your lucky to get that! All we have on the digital cable is BBC America which dont look like it has any plans to bring the show on..but its ok..emule has been my way since the new series started and is workin just great..plus I get to own em all on VCD :dogpile:

Yup, CBC is Canada. And not only do they show the new Doctor Who, but they leave the nudity and sex in movies they show :bouncybou

The Sean Man

What cable do you have that picks up CBC? Or is it a dish? I have Cox digital cable here in Arizona. :)

Damn! and to think that Comcast is whats back where im originaly from (Philly) :jester: Thanks 4 the info

re Dr who

I never watched the other Dr whos but started watching this series and have become hooked

...and, we have a new doctor starting next season...for those who saw the conclusion of the episode this week...from the small few secs we get to see of the new doc at the end..he def looks like he could possibly be a new Tom Baker type :veryhappy

I'm partially interested in it, especially lately. Probably my favourite doctor of all time was John Pertwee. Dunno why, but his Doctor seemed more real, even if the special effects didn't.

Why wasn't Paul McGann invited back to regenerate into Ecclestone? They Got McCoy back for the 96 movie when McGann took over, so why not again? Also, why does Ecclestone dump in his pants worrying about being typcast after one series? Hell, Peter Davidson, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy managed two years and none of them are typecast as the Doctor. Probably the only one who was is Tom Baker, who stayed for seven years.

Last edited:
Just caught this thread, thought I'd post, too. I'm certainly a Doctor Who, fan, got started when a friend of my older bro's left a shload of Who videos at our house one summer when he was between places. Practically the entire 4th Doctor, with some 3rd and 5th in the mix. So, Tom Baker's Doctor holds my favorite spot, with Pertwee a close second and McCoy next. Anyhow, chiming in on the wonders of the Internet, I've gotten the latest series down, and watched up to the one with the gas mask folks. I've really, REALLY enjoyed having the Doctor back, and the f/x that now match the stories, I'm hooked. I'm also sad that Eccleston can't stay, but at least there's a Christmas Who episode to come before the 10th Doc settles in.

Smiley,
Have T.A.R.D.I.S., will time travel

The Christmas episode will be David Tennant's first episode as the regeneration scene was at the end of last week's episode (and season finale). It was a 2 part episode (time wise it added up to the full 90 mins of the old ones). You should go get em on Emule (or whereever you download em from). "Bad Wolf" and "The Parting Of The Ways" are the episode titles. I'll def say that it was honestly a good send off for the 9th doc and prob the best episode of the new ones yet!

My fave docs are prob Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee (who I got to meet at a Who convention way back in 1985..hehe) and Christopher Eccleston def got a place as a fave doc..his doc was kinda like a combo of Pertwee and Peter Davison in my oppinion :happyfloa

BigJim said:
Why wasn't Paul McGann invited back to regenerate into Ecclestone?

From what I read, he was more than willing and offered but his price was too high. I think one of the places I read that was on the offical Who site? not 100% sure, but was a few diff places.

I cant wait for the "Badwolf" episode tonight and the upcoming episodes. :veryhappy :cool2: :)

dskodj said:
From what I read, he was more than willing and offered but his price was too high. I think one of the places I read that was on the offical Who site? not 100% sure, but was a few diff places.

That makes sense actually. McGann doesn't fall into the bracket of "BBC series actors", he considers himself a film actor. The main reason he was in the 1996 film was because it was American backed with plenty of $$$ - one of the reasons why it was so crap. No American version of a British TV idea was ever worth anything. :D:D:D

Sylvester McCoy was unfortunate during his tenure. He'll be remembered as many people's least favourite doctor, but it wasn't his fault. The show at the time had a total prick for a producer who let through some of the most pony storylines imaginable. The most interesting and convincing thing McCoy ever did as the Doctor was get shot. :blaugh:

Colin Baker was just weird. Played the Doctor more like a villain than a hero. Not only that but he's completely unrecognisable from what he looked like then. Lost all his hair and put on about fifteen stone! Hell, John Pertwee looks more like he did as the Doctor now than Colin Baker does, and he's been dead for nine years!

Big Jim, I agree with you 100% xs more on all you said there LOL. McCoy had prob some of (if not most) the worst episodes in Dr Who history for sure! However I never did get to see the episode "Survival"..which was the last offical episode before the horrid TV movie..and also woulda marked Anthony Ainley's final appearance as The Master...for those who didnt know (and I just found out recently), he passed away last year :(

Rajee, what nights do you get em over there? I wasnt aware that they didnt show on Saturday nights like in the UK...im glad I didnt say too much bout the last 2 episodes or id have spoiled it LOL

Hiya :bunny:

Yeah the new doctor. I just taped the episode after the return of the fatties but haven't seen it yet.

I have watched it ever since i was a little girl, thanks to having brothers, but i confess i got hooked on the show too. True, Tom Baker was funny. But personally i liked the reruns of Jon Pertwee best. He looked so dapper in that black capish outfit, and always such a gentleman. (Jo Grant wasn't any worse than many of the Doctor's other sidekicks :rolleyes: I also had a bit of a pet crush on Captain Yates. :blush: )

Chris Eccleston is leaving?!! I had hoped it wasn't so!
I LOVE Christopher Eccleston!! He's so CUTE! :Kiss1: :cupid: And that smile! :redheart: :redheart: It definitely brings out the under-appreciated 'ler in me. :cool2: :tickle:
I so can't believe he is quitting!! :cry1: :cry1:

But you're right. the CBC is the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation which is a totally indigenous, governmentally funded radio and TV network in both french and english that operates across the nation and dates back to before WWII.

-What can i say? Having Canuck relatives gives one a wealth of trivia :rolleyes:

Many blessings,
Chickles_:)

In my family it's "Having cannuck relatives gives one a wealth of beer". Some of my distant relatives run a huge brewery chain out there. :D:D:D

chickles_:) said:
the return of the fatties

ROFLL! Actualy that episode was kind of a disapointment with only 1 fattie. Was very rushed if ya ask me. But, the last 2 episodes to follow were like I said..the best yet!

Pertwee was great I agree! What ever happened to good ol Capt. Mike Yates LOL the last he was seen was in "Planet Of The Spiders" (the episode where Pertwee regenerates into Tom Baker at the end) and nothing was ever said to write him out of the show..he just..disapeared LOL. Now the one thing for me is..what am I gonna do to ocupy my time on the weekend now with no Dr Who till next season? :rotate:

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back