• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Dragon Age: Origins

Adalon

TMF Poster
What an amazing game. Bioware said that it was the spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series, and I feel that it does that and more. I am about 40 hours into the game and I am not done yet - several points in the plot have sent chills down my spine, or even made my eyes moisten a little. It's that good.

If you have not heard of it or are sitting on the fence, just check out the introduction cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=Q94rdV9M1M4

I've been waiting for this game for 4 years, I kid you not! I'm so fucking stoked now that it's finally out, but being a poor student I haven't had a chance to purchase it yet! :banghead:

Everyone should buy this game. I haven't played it yet, but I can already promise you all it will be a timeless classic.

Bought it today. This game is fun as hell.

Incredible game!

This game was truly awesome! All the members of your party(should you choose to accept and keep them) are unigue and have histories and different outlooks on the world that truly make playing this a joy. The dwarf oghren is without a doubt one of the funniest characters Ive ever seen in a long time. Just listen in on some of the conversations he has with other party members. I nearly died laughing after an exchange between him and the character Alistair. Also, not to mention the effort bioware put into writing the incredibly numerous and diverse plots in the game. Excellent all around, though there may be the occasional glitch, but I was able to get past them and the game played fine. Would recommend it to anyone!

As soon as I finish Fable II, I think i'm going to pick this game up. I have heard nothing but good things about it!

The dwarf oghren is without a doubt one of the funniest characters Ive ever seen in a long time.
I actually like Alistair a lot better, although I haven't really brought Oghren along much. I'll do it in one of my future playthroughs though; the replay value of this game is just insane! :D

As soon as I finish Fable II, I think i'm going to pick this game up. I have heard nothing but good things about it!
Good man! Dragon Age will make Fable look lame. Actually, Fable IS lame, it's just that all the trash out on the game market makes it look good in comparison. But DA is 100% pure quality, and Carsomyr Approved to boot! :thumbsup:

I actually really enjoy Fable II (never played Fable I), the morality choices and the dynamic storyline make it a lot of fun. I enjoy seeing the choices I make and the actions I preform having a lasting impact on the society that my character lives in. Makes you feel like I real hero :) That said, I'm pretty damned excited for Dragon Age :D

finished the dwarf ending. This game shits all over mediocre rpg's like fable 1 and 2 and for an offline game fees like an mmo. rpg of the year and I dl the new content warden keep and that was great. rpg of the year easily.

Next weeks paycheck will not come soon enough. I WANT this game. I can only run thru Neverwinter Nights 2 so many times before it loses all it glamor.

finished the dwarf ending. This game shits all over mediocre rpg's like fable 1 and 2 and for an offline game fees like an mmo. rpg of the year and I dl the new content warden keep and that was great. rpg of the year easily.

What makes Fable II mediocre? I'm curious as to the criteria you are judging it on.

This is coming from a guy who has played rpg since he was a kid.

I was very disappointed with the story of fable 2. There was no armor to buy, i didnt like the legendary weapons. I wish there was a real co-op mode. the final boss sucked. By the end of the game I was rich beyond belief and had nothing to do with the money. The dog was useless except to find gold. All in all It was another over hyped game by lionhead creator peter molyneux.

(Back on topic!)

Loved the game so much - the story in particular was excellent. Beat it once, beating it the second time right now. I love Leliana so much, she's super sweet, very cute, and is very interesting once you delve into her story.

My party, interestingly enough, tended to be Alistair, Leliana, Wynne, and myself - the ultimate good guy squad.

Just got the game the other day. I started with a dwarven warrior noble. After just a couple hours, this game has me hooked. Just the story so far is great. This game will be occupying my time for quite awhile.

awesome game. finished two playthroughs as human noble warrior and elf mage (with two very different endings) and just started a third as city elf rogue. the way all the origin stories connect and tie into the main plotlines is cool as pie and there is excellent replay value for achievement whores like me :) this is easily one of the best single player rpgs of the current gen.

there is really no comparison when it comes to this and fable 2 imo. bioware games generally have a reputation for immense stories and talented writing and dragon age certainly lives up to that. fable is like an rpg-lite, with farts.

The best part for me was, after playing through the game as the Ghetto Elf, the one where you get to the part with the Darkspawn are attacking the capital. You get the opportunity to save your ex-neighbors' houses while shouting "You ain't gonna last 5 seconds in tha hood, biatch!" while Morrigan casts blizzard on the unlucky buggers.

The other really good part is Morrigan, with area-effect mezzing spells.

Oh yeah, and Awakening is already out! Who's playing that?

I am. Started Awakening today.

Dragon Age is the best game ever...and I fell in love with Alistair, shame on me! :ilikepie:

I just got the game recently as well and am loving it! The bantering in the background is classic!

Definitely! :) That alone is a reason for mixing up your party every once in a while, just to hear what they have to say to each other. :)

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back