• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favourite player

german

1st Level Orange Feather
Who is your favourite player and why, it can be any sport; marbles to basketball to football. I just saw threads like the most over rated and that and I thought how bout the opposite.

For me its pretty easy, Charles Woodson (most would know this). He is my fav on so many levels; his attitude for one. I remember watching one of my first games of NFL (when I got cable) I always liked the Raiders but knew no players but when I watched them play on FOX in I think 2000 or even 1999, when doing player introductions his stayed with me......."C Wood Michigan" he said it with so much confidence and attitude.

Then there is his game; some might disagree. But in recent years (keep in mind years he got hurt) they played him all over the field; CB, in the slot, strong safety, free safety and even as a LB were he is only 6'1 200 playing in a spot were you have to be at least 6'3 250. Now to me thats a pure athlete, thats heart.

Also he was the last Raider meaning attitude and game, toughness and with the commitment to excellence, looking at the current squad there is ONE only ONE player that comes close to being a Raider of old and that Randy Moss and he wasn't even 'born' a Raider.

It doesn't matter were he ends up he will still be my fav player, my g/f is actually worried and pissed because my room is plastered with C Wood gear. I got 2 bobble heads (1 Raiders, 1 Michigan) 2 signed and framed jerseys (again 1 Raiders and 1 Michigan) 2 signed helmets (1 mini Raiders and 1 full size Raiders) also a signed and framed 8x10 and a signed and framed poster (both as a Raider) then on my computer wallpaper and on mobile phone there is a pic of C Wood. She is like "what about me, you love him or me".

Also on a sort of off topic today I read that he wanted to stay a Raider and that Mr Davis left it up to Mr Shell who asked that joke of a defensive coordinator Rob Ryan what he wanted and said No. The fact that Mr Davis passed down the decision got me concerned about his health and what was that fat joke Ryan thinking resign cooper and not C Wood plz he has no idea and I can see another 4-12 season, oh well.

Kust

Benji Marshall - NRL Champion Wests Tigers (back 2 weeks after being told he would be out 6)

Greg Maddux, Chicago Cubs, formerly with my Braves for 11 years from 1993 to 2003. The man is probably the most intelligent pitcher to ever play the game. He never threw more than 86 mph, and has won 318 games, and is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I love to watch him pitch a game. In addition, he was always scandal free. Married for a long time to his wife, Kathy, a family man, very humble. No substance abuse scandals. He is probably one of the few guys in sports who can serve as a role model for young people, of how to compete at a high level, and yet not have an attitude, or problems with illegal drugs or situations.

Mitch

A man who needs no praise from me, his numbers for his 5 peak seasons (1962 to 1966) say it all, ....

Sandy Koufax !

Last edited:
ok i have a few favorite players in various sporting venues...

men's golf---- seve ballesteros.. not only a great golf player, once considered the best in the world. but dang handsome as heck lolol

baseball---- sammy sosa.. the man enjoyed playing baseball, and i refuse to believe he knew that he had that corked bat, i think it was truly an accident.

nascar--- mark martin. a man of integrity. always nice to reporters and fans alike.

isabeau

NHL - Wayne Gretzky, hands down. Honorable mention to Brian Trottier, Mike Bossy, Doug Gilmour and Gary Roberts, all of whom wore their hearts on their sleeves.

MLB - Jimmy Key, Dave Stieb and Roger Clemons. (all former Jays pitchers)

Golf - Tiger, Mike Weir, Fred Couples, Fred Funk, John Daly... Funk and Daly just crack me up, lol.

Tennis - Agassi, McEnroe and Connors... all hot heads in their time, but great ambassadors for the sport.

Kudos to the Jamaican Bobsleigh team :woot:

Larry Bird.

Main reason, he's from my home state :angel:
Someone told me once that a 3-pointer for Bird was like a free throw for everyone else.

And then Jordan came along and proved you could just jump from the three point line and "float" to the basket, ball in hand. Oh well :bouncybou

Mitchell said:
Greg Maddux, Chicago Cubs, formerly with my Braves for 11 years from 1993 to 2003. The man is probably the most intelligent pitcher to ever play the game. He never threw more than 86 mph, and has won 318 games, and is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I love to watch him pitch a game. In addition, he was always scandal free. Married for a long time to his wife, Kathy, a family man, very humble. No substance abuse scandals. He is probably one of the few guys in sports who can serve as a role model for young people, of how to compete at a high level, and yet not have an attitude, or problems with illegal drugs or situations.

Mitch
Great post!!! I agree with every single word. He had a teammate that is just like himself in Tom Glavine. They are both class acts. I will say former New York Met catcher Mike Piazza. He is a class act. Humble, shy and stayed away from trouble of all kinds. He too is a first ballot Hall of Famer when he decides to call it a career.

Some of my favorite payers are not only players who had great careers but they have to have charactar as well. As far as baseball goes, my faves were Cal Ripkin, Tony Gwynn, Tom Seaver (my hero growing up), and Tino Martinez. I don't think Martinez will make the HOF but, even though I am a Mets fan, I will always admire him for excelling in one of the toughest markets in NY, and, in addition, replacing one of the most popular Yankee in their history in Don Mattingly. Martinez didn't just replace him, he made his own legacy. AFA football goes, Dan Marino, Mark Bavaro, and Phil Simms. I truly believe that Marino would have gotten a couple of rings if he had a better running game. I like Bavaro because he played the game right. He was a perennial all pro and didn't draw the slightest bit of attention to himself. I hope one day Simms makes it into Canton because he was the best QB the Giants ever had, and came as a sleeper out of a div II college, so he fought tremendous odds. AFA basketball goes, I have a soft spot in my heart for Patrick Ewing. He came in and turned the Knicks into winners almost instantly and were a contender throughout the 90's mainly because of him. I think the fans gave him a raw deal while he was playing. I really don't follow hocky that closely to have a player I would really want to see but I liked Rod Gilbert and Mark Messier.

ticklingfeet4fu said:
Great post!!! I agree with every single word. He had a teammate that is just like himself in Tom Glavine. They are both class acts. I will say former New York Met catcher Mike Piazza. He is a class act. Humble, shy and stayed away from trouble of all kinds. He too is a first ballot Hall of Famer when he decides to call it a career.

I hated to see Piazza go but it kind of made sense from a $$$$ standpoint. Don't forget how he got in to the majors. Nobody drafted him, his father asked his good buddy Tommy Lasorda to give him a chance as a walk on.

i dont have a favorite FAVORITE payer, but i guess for the sake of this thread, i can name one. it should be easy enough for people to guess. that's right, Deion "primetime" Sanders. i loved his athletic ability. he could trash talk, but back it up as well. i always loved primetime, even though i wish he stayed a 49er for a longer period of time...

Jerome Bettis, without a doubt. He was a workhorse that always gave his best effort. He was highly respected by his teammates and coaches and played the role of mentor to anyone who wanted him as one. And he did it all with a big smile on his face. Say what you want about him, the man is a class act.

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Cisse (Liverpool)

Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Wayne Rooney (manchester united)

Good question. It has to be a tie because I like football and baseball equally. So its a draw between Derek Jeter and Eli Manning. Jeter because hes such a class act and represents everything good about baseball and Eli because he did well in his first full year and hes only gonna get better which is a scary thought for opposing defenses. :rotate:

Pablo Aimar of Valencia, Clarence Seedorf of Milan, and Kevin Davies of Bolton!!

What's New

6/2/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this SUnday eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back