• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Fitness testing thread!

Dazzler

Hey guys. I'm bored, plain and simply. So I decided to make a fitness thread where we collectively measure our strength across some basic fitness tests, as well as gradually improve upon what we can do by using this thread as a means of holding ourselves accountable.

Test 1: The push-up test.
This can be done with either standard push-ups or knee push-ups. Both are fine, your level will determine this.
This measures upper body strength in the pectorals (chest), deltoids (shoulders) and triceps (arms).

>>> Good technique is imperative. Your chest must touch the floor on all repetitions, your hips and shoulders must be aligned throughout and your elbows must fully extend at the top of the repetition. If your hips excessively lower or raise beyond the alignment, the repetition does not count.
>>> When your technique begins to suffer or you begin to shake or feel excessively sore, it is at this point that you stop. Going to failure delays recovery and increases risk of injury.
>>> Include the variation you are doing as well as the repetitions you managed, and simply post on a regular basis (e.g. weekly, preferably no less than this) and measure your improvements.

Test 2: The plank test.
This measures muscular endurance in the deltoids (shoulders), abdominals (stomach) and lower back muscles.

>>> Good technique is imperative. Your hips and shoulders must form an alignment and at no point raise or lower beyond this. To check your technique is good, record a video of yourself to check this alignment is maintained.
>>> When your technique begins to suffer or you begin to shake or feel excessively sore, it is at this point that you stop. Going to failure delays recovery and increases risk of injury.
>>> Include the time you managed to hold the plank for with good technique, and simply post on a regular basis (e.g. weekly, preferably no less than this) and measure your improvements.

Test 3: The squat test.
This measures muscular strength in the quadriceps and hamstrings (legs) and glutes (butt).

>>> Good technique is imperative. You may extend your arms outward for balance purposes, but your hips and knees must form an alignment at the bottom (to parallel). If you cannot get to this depth, the repetition does not count.
>>> Include the repetitions with good technique that you managed, and simply post on a regular basis (e.g. weekly, preferably no less than this) and measure your improvements.
>>> If you cannot do any repetitions down to parallel, skip this test and practice until you are able to manage at least 5 good repetitions with parallel technique.

So a basic format will be as follows!

Knee push-ups: 15
Plank: 30 seconds
Squats: 15

And simply just that!

Any questions or uncertainties feel free to ask in a response - I'll get back to you ASAP.

I felt a more interactive thread would be beneficial as the last time I tried to post a fitness thread I became too busy to keep up with it. Be sure to hold yourselves accountable and keep encouraging one another! :D

Standard push-ups: https://onestopmagic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/push-ups.jpg

Knee push-ups: https://www.thehealthsciencejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/knee-push-ups-p.jpg

Plank: http://blog.muscle-zone.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/plank1.jpg

Squats: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/sites/womenshealthmag.com/files/styles/listicle_slide_custom_user_phone_1x/public/images/slide2-bweight-squat.jpg?itok=wsvoBReg

Thanks for posting. I'm not super into working out, but I often do pushups before I jog a few times per week. As it turns out, my form needs some serious improvement!

Ahah good lad. Why does your form need some serious improvement?

Also, I will be posting my results on the 3 tests at some point out of curiosity. It has been a while since I have done them.

I hear you. I always endorse full range of motion for the maximum benefit of the exercise, but if you are just using them as a warm up it's not as important.

What's New

6/11/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on who is meeting where and when!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back