• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

For Yurihausen

Smade1

TMF Expert
I didn't want to hi-jack your thread any more than I had already so I've continued raving here.

I think you might be a natural modeler and be trying to use Poser for what it's not very good at. Looking at those models you've done so far they are really intracate and if you had better tools to work with you would probably be happier.

Just a simple example - the dumbell I did on the TMF thread - I've imported into my Silo editor and you can see the options I have available. Each of the highlighted points can be changed individually or in groups to form whatever shape you like. You can also see that the two spheres can be worked on together or seperately. I've created a new material for the ends so when I import the model back into poser I can use different colors for those.

For Sydney the result is that those 10 reps really do become compulsive.

OK - now the downside to it all - none of the 3d programs have been created with each other in mind and moving models from one to the other can be a real pain. For Silo I have to scale up x100 and back down to Poser to be able to work properly. I used to use Cinema 4D and that was x82, if I remember correctly. Once you have this and a couple of other things worked out you'll be OK. I chose Silo as the forum had some work from people doing form fitting clothing for Poser figures and that was much closer tolerance than I needed and also it was really cheap for a good modeling program.

I started out with PC mag cover disk versions of modeling programs before I bought one but be careful - once you use an interface it takes ages to change over. Something the big companies are well aware of and they all offer free older versions of their programs to get you hooked.

Update

I've done a bit of looking around and you can get started for nothing. Blender (http://www.blender.org/) is a free 3D modeling environment and I see now you can import and export wavefront models so it can be used with Poser. The user interface and lack of wavefront support made me pass on this initially but I'm going to give it a go now.

A good place to start is
http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/tutorial-folder/blender-user-interface-tutorial/

And here's the site for my current modeler, Silo. The price is pretty reasonable and you can download it and try it for 30 days free. This is a very powerful program and much more than I'll ever need.

http://www.nevercenter.com/silo/

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back