• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Friendliness on Fetlife Vs TMF...You won hands down!

DJ Tickler

1st Level Red Feather
So I was introduced to Fetlife the other day (for those who don't know its essentially a Facebook for people with Fetishes) anyway I don't know anyone in the community and sent a few friendly "Hi-I'm New- just looking for some friendly people" sort of messages.

One emailed me back and was very nice, the other emailed me back and said:

I have met all those on my friends list and wish to keep it that way. You should get out to a munch or two and meet some locals in real life."

:shock2::bonk:

Now if I wasn't a person with an ego the size of Texas I could be really hurt by that! Infact someone who is brand new, exploring their sexuality and looking for friends this would totally put them off I suspect!

So in recognition. I would like to say a big thank you to all TMF for making this community what it is. Everyone is always so helpful, friendly and willing to say hello to new people and I have never really thanked you for it :lovestory

Always remember that it is the little things that make a community and the simple "hi" that we do without thinking is what has made TMF part of my family :) :siterocks:

DJ Tickler

Well, Facebook is all about with keeping up with friends you know. They were sometimes get mad at getting a random add from someone. So if fetlife is like that, then they'd also get kinda annoyed by that. But fetishes are more personal so they'd get even more upset on Fetlife because they want to keep it more private... But I haven't had a major issue with fetlife.. however I do have a bit of friends on fetlife and most of them don't talk to me even though i try to talk to them.. So it might actually be also kind of like myspace lol.. but anywho... People should talk to newbes and be respectful to everyone, but anyways...
you're welcome :p

:redheart:
I have friended people I know from the TMF on fetlife, but I have an idea of who they are, and we had already established a relationship here.

I have gotten nice friend requests from new people into tickling, and have added them as friends on Fetlife. I haven't friended any TMF'ers that have been rude to me here on Fetlife, and they haven't friended me. I don't care about Fetlife too much, and TMF is more my style.

I am ALWAYS open to making friends with new people here, and I don't have any problem sending a friend request when I see someone interesting posting on the boards. For my particular situation, TMF is better. :waterballoon:

Your new best friend is right here...ME!!! LOL

I guess TMF is more open to newcomers...I have met some nice people on Fetlife but it was just funny because EVERYONE is nice on here (Well, everyone who speaks to me LOL) ;)

I will be your "friend" on FetLife.

I dunno that it's not as friendly - you've gotta remember that Fetlife has a user base that's 10 times larger than the TMF's, and with that comes the increased chance of bumping into someone who's a dick.

I've got some fantastic friends on Fetlife - I'd wager that I've got more non-tickle friends on there than I do TMF friends here. It's mainly because Fetlife is so intertwined with the BDSM scene, and (for good or ill) there's a propensity for people in the BDSM scene to automatically mistrust people that aren't active in the scene in real life, as they can't be "vetted". It's a shame, to be sure - but I think it has something to do with the saying, "once bitten, twice shy".

And, for the record, I know a few dicks on this site, too. ;)

...and with that comes the increased chance of bumping into someone who's a dick.

Just added the fetish, "Bumping into someone who's a dick." to my fetish list.

Like I said, I have met some nice ones, but it was just a shock for someone to say "No I don't want to be your friend, why don't you go out into the real world and make some" (I'm paraphrasing what was interpreted LOL

By the way...so I look like i have lots of friends...if you are on Fetlife my user is "Greeny" and I have a picture of Kermit the Frog as my picture (I don't think you can miss it LOL)

To be honest I think I will stick with TMF, its just there is a community in Perth where as there isn't a huge lot of TMFers *sigh* maybe one day :)

Acceptance at the TMF:

feels-good-man-goat-squint-12883904505.jpg

So I was introduced to Fetlife the other day (for those who don't know its essentially a Facebook for people with Fetishes) anyway I don't know anyone in the community and sent a few friendly "Hi-I'm New- just looking for some friendly people" sort of messages.
DJ Tickler

I'm glad you are feeling so welcomed here. It's always nice to have a feeling of acceptance and belonging. So welcome!:welcome:

I am going to play a bit of the devil's advocate though since I'm one of those that doesn't really add that many people that I haven't met or who aren't already friends of people I know well. You compare Fetlife to Facebook. How many times do you add complete strangers? Or think of it this way. If it was a woman you sent it to how many unsolicited messages does she get most of them far out of line. That would make any one take a hard line with who they will and will not friend online. They don't know you and don't know what type of person you are.

Don't be discouraged though. It's a great way to hear about local fet events near you, places to get the best deals on equipment, tips for play and even the chance to meet more people. This is a wonderful place for all things tickling. I will never argue that! And there are amazing folks here. But just recommending that you cut all ties with Fetlife just from one disappointing response.

Best of luck and again welcome! Have fun and enjoy.

Fetlife? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Maybe all I need is everyone on here who is on Fetlife, we "friend" eachother...then we slowly take over...I mean...all become friends :p LOL

Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/15/2024
If you need to report a post the report button is on its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back